Chapter 8

It was a Wednesday and Taehyung was busy for the next few days with rehearsals so instead, I was spending time with Sunwoo, Chanhee and Younghoon. My phone pinged and I sleepily grabbed it off my bedside table and opened the text. I saw it was from Tae and I smiled.

Taehyung: Morning! I'm a bit sad I can't spend a lot of time with you....however I'm so excited about Saturday I have a little something planned, I can't wait to see you! :)

I smiled at the text and stretched before hopping out of bed and into the shower. I chucked on a hoodie and some jeans and headed downstairs. My aunt was sat at her laptop doing work and she smiled when she saw me. "Good morning Ri!". I smiled and said morning back, I popped some toast into the toaster and sat down at the table. "What are you working on?" I curiously asked and she looked up from her laptop. "Ah just going through medical records...I shouldn't really tell you this but hey you're family, we've had people just mysteriously disappear from the hospital recently and we can't work out why....they come in beat up or severely sick like they had been poisoned and then randomly just vanish a day or two afterwards. It seems as though the CCTV has been hacked because there's basically no footage of them leaving the hospital...they're just there one moment then gone the next". I tilted my head.

"Huh...that is kinda creepy honestly, is there not any security about?". I ask and she nodded. "There is but even they don't see anything, the police are starting to get involved because the more people that go missing the more suspicion it will build on the hospital having something to do with it so they're trying to cover their tracks but its difficult when you have families hounding you about what happened to their family member". I took my toast out and spread some butter on and took a bite. "Well have you ever thought that maybe...someone in the hospital is trying to cover it up?". She looked at me and raised her brow. "Think about it...no one has said they have seen anything suspicious right?" She nodded. "Well maybe that's because they've been told to say that". Her eyes widen slightly, she shuts her laptop and leans over. "Go on". I shrug and eat my toast. "It's a possibility that whoever is doing this has either paid or blackmailed someone at the hospital to be quiet about the situation". She rubbed her chin and nodded. "I can see what you're getting at there....maybe the security guard?" I pointed my finger at her. "Yes that would make sense because if the cameras were hacked, he would be physically seeing things and if he saw something he wasn't meant to then they would have to do something about it". 

My aunt sat back in her chair in thought, I didn't really ask her about her job much because I could tell she was stressed out a lot of the time. Before I started working she was doing double the amount of shifts she's doing now to raise me properly. She sacrificed so much of her time to take care of me so I knew I had to protect her at all costs if something bad was to happen. "Hey Ri, I wonder if we could find someone to help in this case, I think if we worked together with someone we could definitely find out who is behind all this". I stood up and walked over to her. "Auntie...can I show you something?". She looked up at me, nodded and followed me upstairs...I have NEVER let my aunt into my room, but I know she was worried about this case so I wanted to help.

I opened the door and grabbed my equipment from under the table, she gasped and looked at the technology I had been using. "H-how did you get this Ri?, Where did this come from?". I sat down on my computer chair and turned on my computer, a bunch of codes popped up and a login page was shown. "What is all this?". I turned to face her. "This...this is my job, when I started university I met Sunwoo..you know that and well I wanted to do something about my parents' death, find out what really happened. So this is there this group comes in, It's like an agency almost, I have a boss who will email me tasks to do online for example hack into other computers to get information and he pays me for it...here". I logged in and showed her the work I'd been doing for the past couple of years, her eyes widened and looked at me.