Chapter 28

Violent and mature content 

Ris POV

"So what exactly am I doing?" I ask. I was taken into a large room, looked similar to a conference room. Being sat between copies of my closest friends makes me very uncomfortable but it's part of the job apparently. Chul is walking slowly around the table trailing a knife along the wood. It made a horrible screeching noise and I eventually had to cover my ears. The other three sat there emotionless...almost like robots and it was super creepy. 

"You have to go with these three to a ball tonight, it's not just any ball, only the elite groups in the mafia get to attend". I look in confusion. "Why do I have to go?" He laughs slightly . "Because people need to know you're alive, You are technically the heir to the black diamond". I break into laughter and he stares at me confused. The three hyungs turn and look at me with such anger. "You think anyone cares I'm alive?! I was nothing to my parents, nothing...I was just simply born to fight, to protect them, I wasn't their child....I was their soldier". He slams the knife on the table. "You know your father was quite fond of you, he spoke highly of you, even in his last words". My smile turned upside down immediately, I clenched my teeth. "Don't talk about him". He smirks. "Why not? He's dead, has been for the last 6 years and the black diamond fell because everyone thought you were dead, So when they see you're alive and not only working with your rivals but got the biggest group in the world working with us too. Oh the business will be boom. Soon enough people will work with us, we will build an army of clones. And then...nothing, nothing will stand in the way". He laughs evily and I shiver....so this is the plan, recruit people then essentially kill them and replace them with clones?. "You're a monster" I spat. He grabs my chin harshly. "My dear if you want any of your precious little friends to live, you better play your cards right tonight. These three will keep you in line, so even if you try to escape they will hunt you down and gut you like a fish". I gulped and as he let go of my chin. 

My so called aunt came into the room. "Come with me Ri, you need to get dolled up for this ball". I scoff and get up walking to the door, Before I leave I turn to him. "You know you won't win...you're the red fox, you never do". I smile and walk out of the room. I walk to a bedroom that looks really cosy, man I wish I was in here. I'm told to sit down on the chair in front of a mirror. "So I'm gonna do some glam makeup for you and-" "Just get it fucking over with". I spat. She was taken aback slightly but nodded in response. She starts applying makeup on me and I look away to avoid awkward eye contact. "Can I ask what your real name is, since you aren't related to me, I just want to know your name". "It's Jiwoo". I nod slightly. She starts to curl my hair. "Why did you do all of this" My voice barely a whisper. This woman I trusted with my life, I protected her with my life. She was the only known family I had left and she used me, I didn't want to show her I was upset but I felt a tear down my face. 

I heard her sigh. "Ri when I first did this, I didn't care...I just thought it was a simple mission for me but I built a bond with you. I genuinely cared about you" I stood up and looked away. "If you cared, you would've stopped this, you would've told me what was going on, I could've helped you get out of it". "Ri I don't want to get out of it" I turn to her and raise a brow. "I love Chul, I'd do anything for him." I laugh bitterly. "You're an idiot". She doesn't respond and cleans up my makeup and gives me the outfit I need to wear. "Just put this on". I sigh and go and change.