Chapter 9

All of us were silent for a moment before I slammed my hand on the desk. "Fuck!, They must have silenced him or something....let me guess he disappeared without a trace?". I saw her nod and I groaned. "What is going onnnnn".  "I don't know but we need to be really careful now, especially you". Chanhee looked at my aunt...I hated to admit it but he was right. They were definitely onto us now and would've known my aunt met with him before he disappeared. "W-what are we going to do?" She looked nervously at me and I sighed. "I think you need to stay away from the hospital for a while...at least until all this dies down. Here". I got up and went to my wardrobe, I moved some of the clothes out of the way and took out a panel in the wall. I reached in and pulled out a gun, turned around and handed it to my aunt. "Why the hell do you have this Ri?!". I raised an eyebrow at her as to say....are you really asking that?. "Don't worry about it just keep it with you, If I'm out of the house, do not answer the door to anyone unless I call you that I'm coming back, protect yourself at all costs.". She sighed and nodded, she knew she had to be careful now but I could tell she wasn't happy about not going to her job. 

We decided to research more about the missing people and wanted to get ideas on if they were connected. We printed off the missing person files. Apart from the security guard, there were currently 4 known missing people. 

Chin-Sun

Female

Age: 27

Last seen: 7th December 2019: 20:05

Admitted to Asan Medical Center Seoul the day before with reported food poisoning. Stayed overnight and was to be discharged the next day but disappeared without a trace that evening. 

Jae-won

Female

Age: 34

Last seen: 15th December 2019: 22:10

Admitted to Asan Medical Center Seoul that day with severe bruises and a possible broken nose. Had an x-ray to rule out broken bones and had stitches in her forehead. Was admitted overnight due to feeling unwell. A nurse came to check on her and she had vanished. Left everything behind including her phone, ID and purse. 

Ye-jun

Male

Age: 26

Last seen: 28th December 2019: 21:30

Admitted to Asan Medical Center Seoul that day with reported food poisoning. Was told to stay overnight and was to be discharged the next day but disappeared that evening. 

Sung-min

Male

Age: 38

Last seen: 6th January 2020: 22:45

Admitted to Asan Medical Center Seoul that day with a stab wound and bruises. Had to have surgery to remove a piece of metal from the stab wound. Was sent to recovery overnight, When nurses came to change his bandages he was gone. 

We all looked through the files but couldn't find any real connections. "These people didn't know each other, sure they were all under 40 but that could just be a random fact. None of this makes sense". I chucked the papers on my desk and sighed. This is exhausting...how are we meant to make any connections...if there isn't any. 

We all sat in thought going over and over the profiles in front of us. I went onto my computer and typed in each name to look up their records. "GUYS". I shouted and they all shot up. "What what?" Hoon came over and looked at the screen. "Look at this...before each of these people went missing they had reported the feeling of being watched or even stalked. Not long afterwards they were gone". "Well there you go then...they were stalked then taken". "Yes, but why" I stood up and walked around the room. "They don't have criminal records, they don't have any known cases of owing money to someone so why these 4...well 5 with the security guard now.". "I don't know but we have something to look into right? We can use this and try to get information online". I nodded and slumped on my bed. "This is gonna be hard to crack I feel like we aren't getting closer but just further from the truth." All of a sudden I received a phone call from Tae. I shooed the boys out of the room and answered.

Hey Tae!

Hey Ri! I just wanted to ask, I've had a change of plans and we have the photoshoot for the new album tomorrow and I was hoping you could be here to do my makeup and stuff.

Oh sure that will be fine! What time do you need me?

Erm...7am

7AM?! Why so early??

Well we have a lot of solo shots and group shots to get through and they want to try to get them done all in one day

Right okay well I'll be there

Actually...I was wondering if you wanted to stay at my place tonight so you wouldn't have to get up as early

I smiled at bit at the sound of his voice, I could tell he was nervous asking this but I accepted. I said goodbye and hung up. The boys came back into the room and I tidied the documents away. "I'm going to stay at Taes tonight because he has an early shoot tomorrow, Pleaseee keep these documents safe." They all nodded and left the house. 

I packed up my bag and headed downstairs. I saw my aunt sat on the sofa watching tv. "Hey I'm off to the BTS boys place...will you be okay?". She looked at me and smiled "Of course honey don't worry about me". I nodded and locked the door on my way out. I felt a wave of tiredness wash over me as I got to the dorms. I greeted Tae and went upstairs to his room, I yawned and immediately lied down. 

Yeontan jumped up and snuggled into my chest and I gently stroked his soft fluffy head. "Are you tired already?" Tae sat on the floor in front of me and I nodded. He smiled and fluffed Yeontans head. "Have you eaten already?". I nodded and closed my eyes and I heard a slight laugh. He got up and turned the light off, I felt a kiss on my head. "Sleep well" 

I heard him exit the room as I fell into a deep sleep.