Chapter 3

(Normally I hate movies or shows that skip years but I don't really have a lot of content to write in between so apologies! Also, throughout this chapter and probably the rest of the story I'm gonna be shortening names. My friend gave me 3 idol names, these aren't based on the people themselves I'm just using their names haha. Sunwoo and Chanhee will mostly stay the same, if shortened they will be Sun and Chan but I'm gonna shorten Younghoon to just Hoon. )

*6 years later*

Today was a slow day, I sat in my room sipping on an iced coffee, typing away. After escaping years ago, I managed to find an aunt in the city who took me in. She thought I was dead along with my parents so no one really knows I'm still alive. I had to change my appearance because I would definitely be a target for the red fox so I had to remain low. I dyed my hair to a beautiful purple and cut it to shoulder length and live under a fake last name. Although I had left that life behind, I could never forget what happened to my parents. So, for the last 6 years, I've been working undercover to find any information I could.

I found an online group that wanted to expose mafia groups and get them to shut down. I was unsure at first but I met 3 people on there who have basically become my best friends. Sunwoo was the same age as me, I found out we attended the same university on the same course. We became really good friends and have recently graduated together. Younghoon and Chanhee I also met at university however they are a year older. Sunwoo's brother was friends with them both and we would hang out a lot together and discovered our interests in the mafia and spend time at each other's houses just coming up with conspiracy theories and tell stories of our findings. Eventually when I trusted them enough. I told them everything that happened.

"So your parents were really murdered by these guys....man Ri I'm so sorry" Chanhee rubbed my back.

I sighed. "Yeah, I just need to find who these people are you know? It's almost like it's my destiny, I never stop thinking about that day." I slumped on my bed. Thinking about my parents makes me angry and upset, which is why I try not to think too much about it or want to talk about it. Suddenly my laptop beeped with a notification. I sat up and gathered the boys around the desk.

"It's an email? Saying important information inside" Younghoon tilted his head.

I opened it and read through the email and my eyes widened. "It says there's information at a big entertainment industry, that a member of the industry knows something about the red fox". I turned around to face them. "It's Big Hit."

All the boys' eyes widened. "Big hit...as in the company that has the group BTS?" Sunwoo asked and I nodded. "I need to get in there somehow". I stated and turned back to my computer. "But how?".

"Maybe we could ask the boss to organise you to go undercover, maybe as a journalist or something?" Hoon asked and I sat in thought. Turns out the online group I was in was part of a secret agency. I was essentially hired and have been paid to find information on several groups. The boss we have never met in person, we just communicate over email. "It's worth a shot, right? I mean this could be huge" Chanhee stated. "I guess I could try". I stated and composed an email and sent it to the boss.

Minutes later I receive an email back. 'Go to this building at 2pm today. You will receive your badge and supplies. Do not under any circumstances reveal you are working undercover, you will communicate with Chanhee, Sunwoo and Younghoon through an earpiece and report any information you find or hear'.

"Wow, that was easy" I read through the email of where I needed to go.

"Please just be careful, if you get into trouble, we'll be right there okay?" Chanhee said and I fluffed his hair. "Oh I'll be fine, aren't I always?" I laugh. Although these boys are like my best friends and I'm literally trained to fight and use weapons, they are always so overprotective of me. I can't complain much because I've had to protect myself basically all my life and having someone there for you really does feel good.

I step into the big hit building. It was huge, the ceiling stood so high and I just stood in awe. I walked up to the front desk and was shown my office. I actually had an office, There was a desk with a computer and a ceiling to floor window that displayed the city below me. As I got settled into the room I could hear voices outside the room.

"Stop running off all the time and doing your street fighting stuff, we have a lot to prepare for the upcoming concert in a month". I got curious and peeked through the door, there stood two men. One was tall and had purple hair, he was very handsome. The other was a shorter guy with pink hair, he was very cute and had a cheeky smile to him. Although it looks like his lip was slightly bleeding. "Come on Jin you know me, Tae and Jungkook always do it and end up fine, we're just too good". He slightly smirked and Jin hit his shoulder slightly. "Then tell me why you have a split lip! You're gonna be up close on cameras, if people see you've got a cut lip they'll start asking questions." the purple headed guy looks a bit older than the other one, I wonder if they are a part of this group BTS I'm meant to be working with. I move slightly and accidentally trip and make we made eye contact and I quickly hid behind the door.

Jimin: "What was that?"

Jin: "Sounds like there's a new person in that room over there, I never see that office used?"

Jimin: "Was it a girl?"

Jin: "Shut up, hang on."

There was a slight knock on the door. Oh god...do I answer, do I ignore it? They definitely know I was I was listening to their conversation. This is going to be so embarrassing.

I slowly open the door and see the two men stood there. Jimin gave a smile to me.

"Uh...hi?" I shyly asked.

"Hey, are you new around here? I feel like we've never seen you around here before." Jin asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm a newly hired journalist." I felt Jimin staring at me and I couldn't help but blush.

"Stop staring at her you're making her embarrassed. Sorry about him, I'm Jin by the way and this is Jimin." Jin shook my hand and Jimin did the same but held my hand for longer. Is he trying to flirt with me? Or just making me uncomfortable.

"I'm Ri. It's nice to meet you, you're a part of BTS right?" I asked and they both nodded.

"We are but we also do stuff on the side, there's seven of us, four of us including myself do kendo whilst the younger ones including Jimin do street fighting which we don't really agree with but they enjoy it," Jin explained whilst giving a small glare to Jimin.

"Is that how you got the cut on your lip?" I asked Jimin and he nodded.

"Ah... it's nothing, I'm strong so it doesn't phase me" He winked at me and I giggled slightly. Jin rolled his eyes. "Anyway, we will leave you to it, hey if we see you around, you should definitely hang with us and meet the others, I'm sure they'd get along with you great!". I smiled and nodded as they left.

"Wow, that was awkward to hear" I jumped out of surprise to hear Hoon through the earpiece. "Fucking hell don't do that Hoon, scared the life out of me!". I heard laughter on the other side and rolled my eyes. "So that pink-haired guy defo likes you," Chanhee said. "I think he's just like that, I did a bit of research on the groups beforehand and Jimin is known to be a bit flirty". I sat at the desk and started my work. 

"So what's your plan?" Sun asked. "Well I guess I could start with those guys right? Maybe they know something or maybe one of the others do," I explained and started to do more research on the boys. I come across Namjoons profile and start reading when I tilt my head. "Hey guys, remember RM I told you about from my past?" "That Nam-Jun guy that floored you?" Hoon asked and I rolled my eyes. "Yes that guy...Namjoon from BTS also goes by RM". "Coincidence maybe? I mean his name was spelt differently wasn't it and it says he was born with the name Kim Namjoon so it couldn't be him". Chanhee explained and I nodded. Surely it's not him, I mean what is an ex trained assassin doing in a kpop group.

I guess I have somewhere to start, I need more information on these boys so I can start ruling them out as potential people with information. 

At least I'm one step closer to what I need.