Chapter 15

I wake up to a throbbing pain in both my head and arm. I needed to power through it for the next few days with work but I felt like sleeping it off. I pulled myself up from my bed and walked to the bathroom. I found some strong painkillers in the cabinet and changed my bandage. I slipped on a hoodie to hide my arm from my aunt and headed downstairs. All the boys including Namjoon were downstairs talking with my aunt. "Good morning honey". My aunt smiled at me and I smiled back, "Good morning", I smiled at the guys and went to make some cereal. "How is your arm Ri?". I heard Namjoon ask and my aunt looked at me concerned. 

I slowly turned and gave a glare to him as he realised what he had said. "Your arm? What happened honey? Let me take a look". My aunt came over to me and I jerked my arm away. "Really it's fine I just...fell and scraped it is all". "Ri stop being stubborn and let me look". I sighed and slipped my hoodie off, she gasped at the sight of a slightly red bandage across my arm. Guess it bled more through the night and I never noticed. She carefully unravelled the bandage and inspected my wound. "Tell me the truth right now because I can tell this was not just caused by a fall". I looked at her and she squinted her eyes. "Fine fine have you seen on the news about the jewel robbery at the museum last night?". She nodded. "Welllll....me and Namjoon kinda snuck in to try get some information from them and I either got grazed by a bullet or glass smashed into it when we broke a window to escape". She shook her head and sighed. "I know you can look after yourself and I know you had Namjoon with you but why didn't you tell me? You need to be more careful getting involved in these things.". "I know I....I just want to know after all these years what happened". I sniffled and wiped my tears with my free arm. I felt Namjoons hand on my shoulder giving me comfort as my aunt cleaned my wound. My aunt looked at Namjoon and smiled "Was she stubborn with you?". "Oh trust me I didn't hear the end of it". I rolled my eyes as the boys covered their mouths to stop themselves from laughing. 

I got ready for work and my aunt insisted on driving me and Namjoon to work since I was injured. I hesitated at first but the boys came in the car so my aunt wasn't alone afterwards. "Have a good day you two and Ri just take it easy okay?". I nodded and headed into the building. "Hey Ri and oh hey Namjoon" Taehyung spotted us and greeted us. I waved with my right arm and he came over to hug me. Namjoon stopped him at first and he raised a brow at him. "It's okay, hey you". I hugged him and bit my lip through the pain. "Are you okay?" He looked at me as I breathed heavily. "Oh yeah she's fine" "I was asking her". Taehyung looked at Namjoon then back to me. You could cut the tension with a butter knife. "I'm alright Tae don't worry" I smiled and he nodded, I could tell he was not convinced but we walked on anyway. 

I met up with the other boys in their studio and Hobi jumped up to greet me. "Hey Ri Ri", He hugged me tightly and I slightly winced. Both him and Taehyung looked at me concerned then Hobi's eyes widened. "Uh...Ri? What is that red stain on your jumper there?". Shit, I quickly looked at my arm then put it behind my back and laughed nervously. "Aha erm I must of spilled something on it this morning no worries!". Namjoon noticed my nervousness and came over. "Ri are you hurt? Because that looks like blood". Taehyung looked concerned and tried to reach around for my arm but I jerked away. "Ri come on stop hiding from me, what's going on?". I sighed and took my jumper off to show the bandage on my arm. Hobi's and Taehyungs eyes widened and they both looked at me concerned. "What the fuck happened?" Taehyung took my arm and I winced slightly.

Ri: My aunts' new cat scratched up my arm

Namjoon: I was showing her kendo and she slipped and grazed her arm on one of the knives.

Me and Namjoon looked at each other as we both said lies at the same time. Taehyung shot looks between us and furrowed his brows. "Okay, one of you is lying here, what really happened". "I-i" I felt Namjoons hand on my shoulder. "Like I said she was interested in kendo and what sort of weapons are involved, she was practising fighting with me, she tried to jump kick me but she fell back and grazed her arm on one of the knives". I looked at him as he gave me a stern look then I looked at Taehyung. "Y-yeah that's what happened, you know I can be clumsy". I laughed nervously and he nodded slowly. "Right okay well just be careful from now on okay? It could've been way worse". I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. 

He walked off with Hobi and I was left with Namjoon for a moment. "Scratched up by a cat really?" He whispered and I sneakily kicked his leg. "What did you expect me to say! I had no clue what you were gonna say so I just came up with something...they're looking at us act natural". I hit him on the arm and laughed "Namjoon that was so funny! Right I'm gonna get to work byeee". I blew a kiss to Taehyung then practically ran to my office.

I leaned against the door and breathed heavily. As I was walking to my computer I heard the door open and saw Taehyung. "Hey you what's up?" I smiled and he smiled back. "Are you sure everything's okay? You know you can talk to me right?". I walked over to him and stroked his cheek. "I know and as Namjoon said it was just an accident". He smiled and pecked my lips. "Oh I wanted to ask you, I kinda told my parents that I have a girlfriend and I was wondering if you'd be free to meet them at the weekend.". I looked up at him and smiled. "I'd love to! You never really told me much about your parents". I went to my desk and he sat down on the chair in front of my desk. "What are they like?".  "Well, my mother she's very sweet with everyone she tends to baby the boys like a lot...especially Jimin". I laughed and shook my head. "Of course what about your father?". He shuffled a little in his chair as if he was uncomfortable, he sighed a little. "My father well he's very different from my mother...he's very cold. He's not really much of a husband to my mum. He doesn't cheat on her as far as we know but he's just very cold towards even her. He doesn't really show much affection towards her or me. He hardly ever calls me by name just says son. He apparently wasn't always like that but ever since I was a kid he wasn't really a father to me". I felt sadness wash over me at the look on his face, he looked as if he was about to cry. 

I got up and hugged him, without hesitation he pulled me onto his lap and buried his head into my neck. "Thank you...for just being here". I heard him sigh and I gently massaged the back of his hair. "It's okay let's just get the weekend over with then maybe...do you wanna stay at my place afterwards?". He lifted his head and looked at me with a slight smile. "I'd like that a lot". I kissed his head and got off his lap. "I'd love to stay cuddled with you all day but I have a lot of work to do". He nodded and got up. "See you later Ri". He smiled and left my office. 

What felt like seconds later, Namjoon bursts into my office. Out of breath he holds his chest for a moment then breathes deeply. "Ri you will not believe this...one of the people that went missing a while ago...has been found dead". My eyes widen. "We need to go right now the boys are already waiting to pick us up.". He opened the door, I grabbed my stuff and ran out with him. I saw Taehyung speaking with Jimin then glanced at me concerned as I ran out in a panic, I flashed him a smile then ran to the car. "Which one is it?". I asked as the car sped off. "The first one, We don't know her cause of death but there's apparently something really strange, I'll tell you when we get there.". Hoon explained as we sped to the scene.

Taehyungs POV: 

I walked out of the office and spotted Jimin in the hallway. Just as I was walking to him, Namjoon sped past us to Ri's office. I've noticed things have had slight tension between the two of them but I can't figure out why and now he's just sprinting to her office?. Strange.

All of a sudden I spot her sprint out with him as she flashes me a smile. "What was that about?" Jimin asked. "I don't know, have things been weird between them two or is it just me?" I turned to him and he thought for a second. "Now that you mention it yeah, he seemed off with her at first then all of a sudden he seemed very overprotective of her....I've also noticed him sneaking out at night recently.". I didn't want to overthink things because Ri was with me.

But things are starting to get weird.