Chapter 11

I stood up and helped Namjoon to his feet. "Firstly...it's not what it looks like". I stared at him confused. "Not what it looks like? Why the fuck were you following me acting like a creep?!". He sighed and massaged his temple with his fingers. "I'm not meant to be here, I heard what was going on and I knew I needed to protect you". I laughed and looked at him confused. "What the hell are you talking about Namjoon? What do you mean to protect me? I don't need protecting". I turned to walk away.

"Phoenix"

I froze, my heart was pounding as I slowly turned to face him. "H-how do you know that?". He scoffed slightly. "Come on Ri, I know you've been suspecting who I am for a while, Isn't that the whole reason why you came to the company?". My eyes widened slightly...he knew of my plan? "It's true, I'm RM from years ago. I know you know what I'm talking about and sure it sounds stupid for me to use my code name as my stage name but it's special to me....When I first saw you I was confused, I felt like I knew you from somewhere but I just didn't know where, so I did some research. I paid someone to find out information on you and well...that's when I found your aunt. I met with her not long ago and she told me everything. She told me to protect you because she was afraid something bad would be coming for you". I couldn't believe what I was hearing...he met with my aunt?. "I know what you've been trying to do as well, I know about the jewel heist...I want to help you no matter how I can.". He said and I sighed and closed my eyes.

A flashback came to me when I first interacted with him. This was that young tall guy with a heartwarming smile. I felt my heart sank as that day replayed in my mind."What happened that day?" I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Where was everyone Namjoon? Where was everyone when my parents were tied up and shot to death?". He shook his head. "I don't know, all I remember is my parents rushing into my room telling me we needed to get out immediately, I wanted to go look for you but they wouldn't let me".

All of a sudden the sound of a gun clicking occurred behind him. "Get the fuck away from her right now or I won't hesitate to use this". I looked and saw Chanhee with a gun pointed at Namjoon. I ran in front of him and put my hand up. "Chanhee don't! He's not here to harm me...this...this is RM". His eyes widened and he put the gun down. "You mean...this is the guy that floored you when you were a kid?" Hoon said and I heard a little chuckle behind me. "The one and only" Namjoon smiled and I rolled my eyes. "Yes this is him". 

"Wow! So you really are Nam-jun as what Ri knew you as". Sunwoo stepped forward and bowed slightly "Thank you for taking care of her".  I saw Namjoon smile and slightly nod at him."Growing up my parents gave me that name so I could conceal my identity slightly but as I debuted with Big Hit, I thought I had no threat against me so was able to use my birth name". The three of them nodded and looked at me. "Did you get anything Ri?" Hoon asked and I took the ID card out of my pocket. They all grinned and observed it. "The boss was right, this is one of the names he mentioned. We're gonna do some research on him and we'll get back to you about it". I nodded.

The boys went home as Namjoon suggested he would walk me back. "So where have you been all these years Ri?" He asked. "Well after my parents were killed I managed to escape the house...you'd be surprised at how many tunnels and rooms were in that place to hide. I just ran as fast as I could and managed to go to just a cafe to get wifi and do some research on possible family members. I found I had an aunt that lived in the city so I managed to get her email.....I emailed her and well she took me in straight away. She wanted to protect me as much as she could because well even she thought I was deceased since my parents were. She suggested I change my last name and change my appearance.". "Ahhh that's why I didn't recognise you when I first saw you, your red hair was gone." I laughed slightly and nodded.

"I decided to attend university and I always wanted to do something about my parent's death so I found an online community that were trying to expose mafia groups including the red fox...so I joined and that's where I found those guys. I was actually in Sunwoos class and the other two had already graduated. I eventually graduated with a degree in criminology and journalism. I had a tip from my boss that someone working in your company knew about the red fox and I just had to dive right in...I guess I found who it was". I looked up at him and he smiled. "Technically I've been working undercover myself so I have to be very careful around the boys. I wanted to approach you sooner about this but then I found out about several members attending that nightclub...I knew you would be there so I took that opportunity.".

We talked together in silence for a while. "Hey I wanted to ask, what are you going to do about the hiest?". He asked and I stopped as we were near my aunts' house. "Well the plan is for me to basically sneak in and essentially do what I did tonight, get information on the group". We sat on a nearby bench together. "How about this, because I want to help you avenge your parents' death. How about we work together? With our skills combined I reckon we can gather information rather quickly." I thought about it for a moment. Namjoon was a part of the black diamond years ago after all, I think it would be good to have him on my side. I looked at him and nodded. "I think that would be a good idea! But let's not tell the others...especially Taehyung, I don't want him to find out that I'm basically putting myself in danger because I feel like he would worry constantly and not want me to be a part of this". He nodded. "I think that's the best idea, in your work hours and when I'm not busy practising or performing, we can work together and research. I'll try to do some in my own time as well and tell you what I find.". I nodded."I think a good idea would be for you to join the group I'm in, that way we can communicate better and you can also speak with Sunwoo, Chanhee and Younghoon, they are good at coming up with plans"

He agreed, as he stood up I remembered the missing people. "Namjoon can I ask something?" "Sure go ahead"  He turns to me."There have been people going missing recently from the hospital, have you heard anything about it?". I ask and he tilted his head slightly then shook it. "Well, we think it has something to do with them...we have no idea what but well my aunt has to be protected now because I'm worried about her safety since she works at the hospital., We've been scratching our heads about how they are connected and what's happened.". I explained and he nodded. "Hmm well we can definitely look into it when we work together." I smiled and agreed. "Thank you for walking me home and I'm sorry I attacked you". I apologised and he smiled. "It's okay I'm sorry I followed you, I should've never of just followed you like that. But I just hope we can find out who is behind this". I nodded and said goodbye and went into my aunts' house. So my suspicions were true, Namjoon was really RM from my past. I'm glad I have another person on my team.

But I didn't feel any closer to finding out the truth.