Chapter 18

It's been a couple of months since Taehyung and I confessed to each other...and also since any activity involving the red fox occurred. There were still four people missing and the one found killed still remains unsolved as to what happened.

I had been invited round to stay at Taehyung parents house for the night. However I could tell Taehyung wasn't the happiest about this, mainly because it was his fathers idea for me to stay, he's still been very weird with me, almost flirty but I try to ignore it, thank god he hasn't tried anything he just looks at me in a weird way. There has also been something bothering Tae recently and I can't figure out what it is. But I do feel like it has something to do with Namjoon, anytime I speak to him, Tae gets very almost possessive of me like he's jealous of how close me and Namjoon are. My friendship with Namjoon is nothing more than that, a friendship. But I guess if I saw Taehyung a lot with a female friend I'd be a tad suspicious at least. On the bright side since things have died down slightly my aunt returned to work, she's only on a part-time contract till she feels secure and not threatened. She is still concerned about the missing people and wants to do something about it, however with no activity recently there's not a lot we can to progress the case.

I made my way over to Taehyung parents' house. Once again I was greeted at the door by Taehyungs mother. "Hello sweetie, It's so nice to see you again! I'm so glad you could make it". I smiled, even though Tae had told me previously that his father is cold even towards his mother, she never fails to be just so cheerful all the time. "Hello Yoona!, Thank you for inviting me I really appreciate it, Where is Tae?". She thought for a second then looked back at me. "I believe he went into the garden out back, follow me and I'll show you". I nodded and walked with her through the long hall. "It just to through there honey, I've got a couple of things to attend to but I'll see you for dinner". I smiled and slightly bowed as she walked away.

I opened the door and almost immediately felt a tear roll down my cheek...this garden just feels so familiar. It feels like home, although it's a completely different location...it almost looked like the gardens from my childhood had just been transported here. Rows of trees and flowers lined the huge area and in the middle was a massive beautiful fountain. I saw Taehyung sat on the fountain with his head looking up to the sky, he had his eyes closed like he was deep in thought. I walked through to the fountain, sat next to him and put my hand on his. He slightly jumped, looked at me and smiled. "Oh hey Ri, sorry didn't hear you coming". I giggled slightly and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "I didn't mean to scare you...you just looked so deep in thought and relaxed I didn't want to disturb you".

He smiled and shook his head. "It's nothing really". But I could tell by his eyes that something was definitely bothering him. "Are you sure everything is okay? It's just that recently you've seemed a bit off". I asked and he tilted his head at me. "Off, how so?". I looked down slightly. "Well erm anytime I seem to be around Namjoon you almost get well...jealous". I heard him scoff. "Jealous? Why would I be jealous of him?". I saw him roll his eyes and I looked at him confused. "Well, why do you act this way whenever he's around me or talks to me?". He raised his brow. "Let me ask you something...if you were in a girl group and we were together but I kept hanging out with one of the other members without you, would you be bothered at all? Would you care...would you be jealous?". I flinched slightly as his tone became harsh. "I-I...well". He scoffed again. "Exactly, so tell me this Ri...is there something going on between the two of you?". My eyes widened and I stood up. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!". He rolled his eyes at me. "Oh don't play dumb, You're always running off to places with him, I've noticed he sneaks out at night and somehow it involves you. Like when you hurt your arm months ago, He made up some excuse that you slipped during kendo. He snuck out that night...Jimin saw him, So what the fuck is going on between you two?!". I laughed and rubbed my head with my hand. "Are you for real right now?!, He's a good friend, He helped me when my aunt was sick and I have no idea about him sneaking out at night to apparently meet me. You don't know what you're talking about".

I saw him stand up and walk around frustrated. "Then why do you keep acting so weird with each other? Almost like you're hiding something from me and the rest of us. Me and Namjoon are in the same group...you and I are a couple for god sake. You should be able to tell me anything and yet you keep hiding whatever is going on and I know for a fact he is involved.". I sighed and tried to come near him but he stepped back. "Until you start telling me the truth about things...I don't know where this relationship is going". I gasped and felt tears forming in my eyes.

 I'm stuck in such a difficult situation right now. I can't tell him what's going on because I'll lose him but I can't lie to him either....because I'll lose him. "Tae please you don't understand...I...I can't tell you". "Why the hell, not Ri?! This is ridiculous". I wiped my tears. "No, it isn't I'm protecting you!". "From what?" "I..." I sigh and turn away. "Right you can't tell me". I felt his tone soften and I turned to face him. "Until you can figure out when you want to tell me the truth or not...I'm done, I can't do this right now Ri so...I think you should leave". I felt tears roll down my face, I was upset, angry...guilty. I couldn't do anything to fix this. "Tae I...I'm sorry" "Just go Ri please" I saw him look at me with tears in his eyes then looked away.

I'd never felt so defeated and guilty in all my life. "I love you Tae" he didn't answer and kept his face turned from me. I started to cry and just slowly walked away, my heart sank more and more with every step. I made my way back into the house and was walking towards the front door, suddenly I needed to go to the bathroom. I hadn't really been shown around this house a lot so I had no clue where any bathrooms were, I started opening random doors to be met with supply closets and other random rooms. I opened one, saw it was another closet, I was about to close the door when something caught my eye. There was a box filled with news reports on one of the shelves. I saw half of one of the titles 'Jewel robbery'. Why would they have a copy of this?. I looked around to see if anyone was there then quietly went into the closet. 

I turned on the light and sat down to read through the newspaper reports. There were hundreds here...the jewel robbery, the missing people, the woman found deceased, I sifted through them until I found a crumbled one at the bottom. I opened it up and then my eyes widened as I dropped the paper onto the floor and covered my mouth in shock. Inside that box...was a report on the jewel robbery from 2006, just like my book at home. How...why...why were these here?!. And then I saw it, another newspaper dated from a few days ago, 'Museum fears robbers will strike next' and drew on it...was the symbol of the red fox. Oh...my god, they're involved, Taehyung....his parents....what the fuck is going on here?!. I need to get out of here, I need to warn the others. I put the box back and quietly opened the closet door. I made a run for the front door. 

Then suddenly...everything went black.