Chapter 14

I groaned when the light became brighter.

"Turn the light off, Nora!" I rolled over, but suddenly woke up. I again groaned when I remembered that I was laying in the sand.

"The sun doesn't have a switch." Dean said. My eyes found their way to his body. He gave me a small smile before looking down to the shell in his hand. I sat up and ran my hand through my hair. He threw the shell into the ocean, watching it plop into the water.

"I found you laying here. I didn't want to wake you up." I got up and sat next to him. I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers with his. He looked down to our hands.

"I'm sorry." Dean smiled and kissed my hand.

"So am I." I grinned and kissed his shoulder. My stomach growled and he chuckled. "Hungry?"

"Starving." Dean stood up and stuck his hand out for me to use. When I was up and standing next to him, he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. After he pulled away he kissed my nose, making me laugh.

"You're a dork." He winked to me before going into the water to catch a fish. I couldn't stop the smile that was on my face as I started a fire.

"We should just take a break from running away." I said as we kept walking.

"I wouldn't call this running." He chuckled and squeezed my hand.

"Well whatever we call it." I stepped in front of Dean and put my arms around his neck. "Please? I just want to enjoy the ocean today."

"We need to get away-"

"Just for an hour." He tried to hide his smile, but failed. I let go of him and ran to the shore. I set my bag down and took off my shorts. "You coming in?" I asked walking into the ocean.

Before I knew it Dean had picked me up and ran into the ocean. I laughed as he set me down and pulled me to him.

"For a nerd, you have one hot body." I blushed and pushed him away.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Before I could get away from him he wrapped his arms around me.

"I know exactly what I'm talking about." He pushed my hair away from my neck to kiss it. "You're beautiful, Aria. Always have been and always will be." I held onto his hands and leaned into him.

"Maybe, stopping wasn't a good idea." As Dean laughed it tickled my neck.

"We can continue this later?" I sighed and turned around in his arms, with the urge to kiss him so bad. I placed my lips onto his. Then after a few more seconds I pulled away and swam further into the ocean.

"You're going to pay for that!" I laughed as he began after me.

"That was a fun little break." I said. Dean looked down to me and shook his head.

"Until you cut your foot." We were getting out of the ocean and there was a piece of glass that cut my foot. It hurts like hell.

"It's not my fault." Dean set me down on a rock, careful not to get my foot in the sand. "I have a mini first aid kit on my bag."

"I swear your Mary Poppins daughter." I laughed and shrugged. "Its a good thing though."

"Better to be safe then sorry." Dean pulled out the little box and looked to me. He sat by my foot and held it in his hands. "Ow!" I cried as he touch the area. He kissed my knee.

"I hope I can get the glass out."

"It's still in there?!" I asked panicking.

"You cut yourself bad, Air." Dean opened the box and then looked to me. "This may hurt."

"I hate you."

"Would you like it to get infected?" I shook my head. Before Dean began to tend to my wound, I grabbed onto his shoulder. He looked up to me, his hair getting in the way. He sat up and lightly kissed me. "I'll be done quick." I nodded, with my eyes still closed. After a little picking, Dean finally got the glass out. "Hold onto my hand."

"For what?" He held up the bottle that he was going to pour over the cut. I reached for his hand and held on tightly. "One. Two. Three." I bit my lip as the stupid stuff stung my cut.

"Okay, baby girl. You're good to go." I smiled at him and he stopped putting everything away. "What?" I shook my head. He gave me a weird look and put everything back in my bag. He handed it to me then bent down.

"What are you doing?" He looked at me as if I just asked the stupidest question ever.

"I'm going to carry you. You obviously can't walk in the sand."

"Makes sense." He picked me up bridal style and walked into the direction we were going before.

"This would be quite hard if you were some scrawny kid." I told him out of the blue.

"It's a good thing I'm ripped then." I laughed and shook my head.

"Definitely not ripped. You have just the right amount of muscle." I ran my hand over his arm and he stopped walking for a second.

"You're going to get dropped."

"You wouldn't drop me."

"How would you know?"

"Because I know you wouldn't hurt me." Dean looked down to me. A few minutes passed and I looked up to Dean. I raised my hand to his face and traced his jawline.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You already did." I shook my head.

"You're an idiot." Dean chuckled and he squeezed my side.

"Shoot!" A few seconds passed before I said anything.

"Why do you act like such a badass?" He looked down to me.

"I wanted attention from my dad."

"Did it work?"

"Sometimes."

"Why do you not like him?" He groaned and I knew he was getting upset.

"Why are you asking me all these questions?" His jaw tightened and he stared in front of us, not looking my way.

"Never mind." My hand dropped from his jaw and rested on my stomach. I played with the hem of my shorts. Dean sighed and I was suddenly sitting on a rock. He bent down in front of my, putting his hands on my hips. I looked down to his thumbs as they looped through the belt loops.

"What-"

"I'm sorry for snapping." He began. "I didn't mean to ruin our perfectly great moment, but that's what I'm good at sometimes. I promise I'll answer any of your questions, but not right now. Lets just worry about finding a safe place." I smiled and put my hand on the side of his face. He leaned into my hand, closing his eyes. I bit my lip as he put his hand over mine and kissed my wrist. "I'm also horrible at being a friend. I haven't really had one in a few years." I leaned down and kissed him. "Also the boyfriend thing. I haven't really been one before."

"You tell me everything when you're ready." I whispered. Dean kissed me again and again. I giggled and he pulled me closer. "As for the boyfriend thing? We will work on that." Our lips brushed against each others as I talked. His breathing got heavier as I ran my hand down his chest and to his shorts.

"Sounds good to me." He stood up and picked me up. I laughed when he cleared his throat. "Now, lets go find some magical hiding place." I  kissed his shoulder.