Chapter 40

"What is all of this?" Dean asked as he, Gavin, and Isatu descended down the stairs.

"Breakfast, silly." Sophie said putting the waffle plate on the table. Dean walked over to me.

"Hi." He quickly kissed me before reaching over to grab a grape.

"Hi." I said with a smile. He kissed me again and then went to the table.

"Kids! Big day today!" LeeAnn yelled walking in. She smiled at all of us. "I'm so glad you're all up."

"Why wouldn't we be? We have bridesmaid and whatever you men are duties." Isatu said happily.

I sat down next to Dean and put a waffle on my plate. Before I could take a bite LeeAnn grabbed it from me.

"W-what? That was my breakfast." She smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me off the chair.

"I know, honey. If you eat you'll get bloated. If you're bloated then the measurements will be wrong and if those are wrong then the dress won't fit properly on the day of the wedding."

"Mom," Dean said and gave her a look. "She can't starve herself."

"You can feast after. Come on girls!"

"Mrs. Grant?" Sophie said. LeeAnn looked back to her with a smile. "You do realize she may be a little grumpy if she doesn't eat right?"

"I'm sorry, Aria." She smiled sadly and went outside.

"Today is going to be awful." Dean pulled me in between his legs.

"No it's not." I gave him a grumpy look. He grabbed his fork and fed me some waffle. "Here. Eat them before you get in the car." He put a handful of strawberries and blueberries in my hand. Dean stood up and kissed me.

"I love you." He chuckled.

"I love you too, Air. I'll see you in a couple hours." I nodded and he kissed my forehead. "Now go before they get pissed." I sighed and stuffed the fruit into my mouth.

"Jesus." Gavin said.

"Does my breath smell like food?" I asked Isatu before we opened the door. Sophie handed me a piece of gum.

"Lets find some dresses!"

"How's do you like this one?" Mom asked smiling in the mirror.

"This is the one." After a few dresses, I found this one and I fell in love with it.

"You look like a princess." Lily said running up to me. I ruffled her hair.

"You're just saying that."

"It's true." I shook my head.

"I think we all know who the real princess is here." She laughed and went back to playing on her iPad. She sat in front of the mirror where I was.

"It's perfect for you." Nora said. I looked to her. "What?" I shook my head and looked back into the mirror.

"No way!" One of the ladies said. I looked down to my dress and then to her. "You're the girl that was missing on that island." I looked to my mom. "I followed that story from day one." She stepped closer and fixed a few things on the dress.

"Yeah."

"You're getting married?" I smiled.

"Yes." What I really wanted to say was no. Not at all am I getting married. I'm just here to try on random wedding dresses. It's something I love to do as a past time.