Chapter 25

I don't know if anyone really reads this, but thank you if you do. This is personally one of my favorites. I have been writing so much for this story. There's so much more to come and I'm so excited for those chapters to come. Hopefully, all of you will like them as much as I do.

Much love,

El

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I raised my hand, waiting to ask a question. Mrs. Kerns turned around from the smart board and rolled her eyes when she saw my hand.

"Yes?" She placed the marker down in its designated spot.

"I don't understand how the answer is 15 over four x minus three." The older lady tries to hide her groan but fails.

"How don't you understand that?" She asks, making me feel even stupider. I look down to my notebook and moved around in my seat.

"I just don't understand."

"Maybe if you were paying attention." I looked down to my six pages of notes then back up to her.

"I've been taking notes this entire time." She crossed her arms and leaned back on her desk.

"So you're ready for your final in less than an hour?"

"Almost, but I'm trying to ask you a question about a problem and you're being quite rude to me." Dean looks over to me then to the crabby old lady.

"I'm being rude to you?" I nodded.

"I don't believe that I've ever did anything wrong to you, Mrs. Kerns."

"Well that's where you are wrong, Miss Gordon." I raised my eyebrows. "I have to be in this building for another month when I should be at home gardening and enjoying my summer vacation. But I have to be here to teach you because you missed two months of school."

"I'm sorry about that but that wasn't my fault. I-"

"We all know. You were stranded on an island for two months. But that isn't my fault, is it now?" This bitch. Dean leaned over and tried to say something but I cut him off.

"You're not in this classroom teaching just me, Mrs. Kerns. There are several others that-" I'm going to flip.

"Why are you here, Mr. Vance?" She asked a boy that sat behind me. She just loves to interrupt me. I quietly groaned and put my head in my hands.

"I failed this class." He shrugged and twirled his pencil around in his hand.

"How about you Miss. Smith?" The girl looked up from what she was writing and looked to me then the teacher.

"I want to take a higher level math class this year, so I'm taking this summer session to test out and-"

"These other students aren't here because they missed many days of school, are they Miss Gordon?" I grabbed my bag and stood up. "Where are you going?" I ignored the old bitch and began my way to Mr. Caine's office. I quickly descended the stairs and took a right.

"Why good afternoon, Aria." My principal said with a smile. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm in my last class for summer school. All I have to do to take Mrs Kerns final exam and pass it to move on to my senior year." He nodded, confusion written all over his face. "I asked her a simple question and she began to get rude with me. She told me that it's my fault I missed two months and I'm the reason she's stuck in here for another month when she should be at home enjoying her vacation."