Chapter 31

Sophie, Isatu, and I walked out of the one class that the three of us had.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Isatu asked. I shifted the books in my arms and smiled.

"Why wouldn't I be?" A girl pushed her way between Sophie and I. I looked back to her with a glare. Can one really not say excuse me or go around instead of pushing through others?

"You just seem... Distant." I looked back to my friends. We turned the corner and went to our lockers.

I will never understand why everyone rushes to leave at once. Just wait a couple minutes so its not chaotic.

"I'm fine, I guess." I sighed and opened my locker. I placed my books inside and pulled out my backpack, throwing the books I needed in there.

"Aria." Isatu glared at me and crossed her arms. "You're lying." I looked back into my locker, trying to ignore the question. I zipped up my bag and flung it onto my back.

"There's a lot going on, okay?" I snapped when Sophie cleared her throat. Some people stopped and looked at me. "Hello." I said and they quickly walked away.

"You can tell us, Aria." Sophie said softly, putting a hand on my arm.

"We're here for you girl." Isatu then said with a soft smile. I sighed and told them without losing it.

"I'm failing a class. I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. Faith hates me for some reason. Some girl is constantly flirting with Dean and I think maybe he-." Isatu and Sophie looked behind me causing me to stop mid sentence.

I spun around and Dean was standing behind me.

"You think what?"

"I think it's time to leave." Sophie said pulling Isatu away. They quickly ran off, leaving Dean and I alone.

"Dean-" He shook his head and began to walk away. I closed my locker and went after him. He passed through the cars as I yelled for him. People watched the scene in front of them. A girl running and yelling after her boyfriend as he won't stop.

"Can you stop?" I asked running in front of him.

"You think that we would be better without each other?" He looked down to me, sadness in his eyes. I shook my head and tried to step closer.

"I didn't- I." He huffed and walked to his car. "Dean, will you just listen to me? I-"

"Just go." Dean quickly got in his car and sped off. I watched as he drove off, holding back the tears.

LeeAnn opened the front door and greeted me with a hug. I smiled, that hug was very much needed.

"Staying for dinner?" I looked towards the stairs and back to her.

"Uh, I'm not sure." She nodded, while giving me a questioning look. "Is Dean in his room?"

"Should be. I mean his music is pretty loud." She smiled and I walked off, now noticing the music. Dean was definitely upset. His music could be heard from down here.

I thought knocking would be useless so I opened his door. He was laying across his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Dean?" When he didn't answer I raised my voice. I walked over to the stereo with a sigh and shut the music off.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, not looking at me.

"You didn't answer me after the third time I yelled for you."

"There's a reason for that, Aria." I looked down to my feet and told myself not to cry.

"Will you please just listen to me?" I asked closing my eyes for a moment. He quickly sat up and watched me.

"Please. Talk." He motioned for me to speak. I took a breath and began to say what I needed to.

"I didn't mean what I said. It's been a rough couple of days and-"

"And you couldn't have talked to me?" He asked no longer speaking quietly. "I'm your boyfriend, Aria. You're supposed to talk to me." I stared at my feet. "Instead you tell your friends that you want to break up with me." Suddenly he got closer to me. I quickly wiped the tears. "You don't even have the-" I couldn't take it anymore.

"That girl has been flirting with you all week long and you haven't done anything about it, Dean. I- I- ugh." I groaned and ran my hands through my hair. "I'm so pissed that I can't even speak. I didn't say that I wanted to break up with you, Dean."

"I think we need to break up." I snapped my head in his direction, frozen.

"Wh-what?" I choked out.

"You heard me, Aria." He turned away from me.

"I don't-"

"Will you just leave?!" He yelled. "If you don't think I want you anymore then what's the fucking point of being together? I'll be with Molly while you go fuck yourself."

It had felt as if someone just took my heart and smashed it into a million pieces. I think he knew what he did because he took a step towards me but I quickly walked out.

"No. Aria." He said running after me. Before I could open the front door he grabbed my arm. "Air-" I slapped him across the face and quickly left, running to my car.

"Is that you, Aria?" Mom asked. I tired to wipe my tears away and quickly go to my room before she saw. "Honey?" I stopped and looked up to her. That's when I lost it.

"Mom." I cried and wrapped my arms around her.

"Shhh, honey." She pulled me closer and kissed my head. "It'll be okay."

But it wasn't. It was never going to be okay because I just lost the love of my life.