Chapter 24

Double update! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Summer school?" Dean said in disgust. "You're kidding right?" I looked back to our principal.

"If you two want to advance to your senior year then you will have to attend summer school." Dean groaned and leaned back in his chair, throwing his head back. I reached over and grabbed his hand, lacing my fingers between his. He immediately ran his thumb across my hand.

"For how long?"

"Just four weeks. I have to warn you though." I raised my eyebrows. "The pace of learning won't be like it usual is. It will go faster, due to the fact that the two of you have missed so much." I nodded.

"When do we start?"

"Tomorrow, being as its Sunday." Mr. Caine laughed.

"We will be there." I tugged on Dean's hand to make him stand up. He sighed and looked to Mr. Caine.

"This is-" Before Dean could utter another word I pushed him out of our principal's office. "Aria, what the hell!"

"You can't get in trouble."

"I love you and everything, but seriously? It's summer school." I stopped in the middle of the hall and looked to him.

"Dean, please listen closely. This is not just summer school. This is our chance to advance to our senior year. If I don't do this then I won't be sitting with my friends on the football field to get our diplomas. I can't be held back a year. I have a plan, alright? Please-" Dean grabbed my face in between his large hands and kissed me. I sighed when he pulled away and I raised my hands to his wrist.

"You're going to senior year, Aria."

"Will you join me?" I opened my eyes when he didn't answer. "Dean!"

"I can't promise anything."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"I'm not the smart-"

"Shut up." I kissed him a few times before grabbing his hand. "Seriously, stop saying that. You're advancing to senior year with me, no matter how much tutoring it takes." He chuckled and squeezed my hand, before letting it go. I opened the driver's door and started the car. Before I could put my foot on the brake, Dean leaned over and kissed me.

"Thank you." I smiled and nodded.

"No! Babe, it's the X on the controller." Dean chuckled as I again died. I groaned and tossed the controller on the couch.

"Please just play by yourself. I'm getting pissed." I put my hands over my face and took a breath. I've been trying to play this stupid game for an hour and I can't go five minutes without being killed. That's a lie. The longest time I went was seven minutes, but that was because Dean had my back.

"You're so cute when you're frustrated." I looked over to him and shook my head.

"How do you not get pissed?" He shrugged and pulled me close to him.

"I can keep my cool." I ran my hands through his hair. "It doesn't really get intense unless I'm playing against one of my friends."

I watched him as he played  without me. But before he could advance he threw the controller to the side.

"Come here." He leaned in and kissed me then pulled me into his lap.

"Your stubble is kinda hot." I said running a finger down his cheek.

"Is it?" He asked with a half smile.

"Not if your ego grows." His hands slowly lifted up a little of my shirt to rest on my sides. "But it really does suit you."

"I'll keep that in mind." He says slowly moving his lips to mine. He pressed himself against me and I made a small noise making him smirk.

"Dude! Guess what I just got!" Our heads turn to the sound of the voice. "Fuck. Did I just interrupt something?"

"No." I said as Dean answered with a yes. Dean gave me a look and I shrugged. I pushed Dean off me. He sighed and looked to his friend.

"What do you want, Ian?" I picked my phone up, looking at the hundred texts from my friends. I didn't miss group texting one bit.

"I'll just leave." I picked my head up and shook it.

"No, don't do that. You and Dean can hang out. I don't mind." I smiled at him. "I'm Aria by the way." I stuck my hand out and he grabbed it smiling.

"Oh, I know."

"Dude." Dean said. Ian shrugged and plopped down next to him on the ground.

"I'm going to go get a snack. Do you two want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good." Ian said picking up the controller I had.

"I'll have whatever you're having." Dean told me. I kissed his head before getting up and heading to the kitchen.

My phone began ringing and I answered without looking.

"Are you dead?" Sophie asked.

"What?" I asked opening the pantry door.

"You haven't been replying back."

"I'm hanging out with Dean. Currently I'm trying to decide on what to eat. Nothing in here catches my eye." I sighed and went to the fridge.

"Nothing catches your attention? What the actual hell, Air. You've been on an island for two months eating bananas and fish."

"Maybe I'm not human anymore."

"Shut up." She laughed. I pulled out a pack of grapes and put them in a bowl. "I wanted to hang out tonight, but I guess since you're with McHottie we will have to reschedule." I rolled my eyes and popped a grape in my mouth.

"In order for me to advance to my senior year I have to go to summer school."

"Have fun with that."

"Wow, thanks Soph."

"Sorry I wasn't stranded-"

"Really?" I asked. This whole trapped on an island thing is getting annoying.

"Sorry." She sighed. "I'll let you go." I put my phone in my back pocket and headed back to the living room.

Dean looked up to me and patted the spot between his legs. I sat down and leaned into his chest. He snaked his hands around me, putting the controller back in his hands. I picked up a grape and held it behind me, waiting for Dean to take it.

"Fuck you, man." Ian said as Dean killed him.

"You've had two months to practice." Dean took a grape from my hand. "How the hell are you not beating my ass?" My phone vibrated and I took it out of my back pocket.

It was Sophie saying she was sorry and that she really wants to hang out tonight to discuss something important.

"You can go if you want." Dean whispered in my ear. I shook my head.

"Maybe later. I want to hang out with you."

"Why is she sorry?" Ian stood up and walked out, probably going to the bathroom.

"She called me while I was in the kitchen and I said that nothing caught my interest and she kept saying how I was trapped on an island and blah blah." Dean chuckled and put the controller down.

"She said blah blah?"

"No. I'm just tired of people saying that."

"I know." He kissed my cheek twice. "Me too." I curled my body against Dean's warm body.

"I'm going to take a nap." He kissed my head and rested his arms around me.

"You need one, baby."