02: Brazen

"Aeiou! I caught your girlfriend entering a hotel with another guy!"

"What the... where is she?!"

Aeiou Revelderio's face couldn't be painted when he entered the hotel his friend texted him. His darkened brows and heavy steps resounding around the lobby as he bustle was enough to show what he came there to fight.

Seeing this visibly pissed youth, the lady on the counter took a deep breath and forced out a smile. By the time the youth put his elbow on the counter, his eyes lit up, and his voice echoed in a very sweet crescendo, "Good evening gorgeous, I want to know if someone named Tori checked in here?"

"U-unfortunately sir, we can't disclose that kind of information to you," she said apologetically.

"She's my girlfriend. My friend here saw her enter this lobby with another guy." Aeiou pointed to his side where a guy appeared, gasping for breath and sweating viciously.

"Y-yes."

Aeiou looked down and covered his eyes. "See? She was cheating... I'm just a week away from my college admission test and she did this to me... I... Ha..." Aeiou punched his chest and sobbed.

The other guy who was smaller rubbed his back. "Aeiou... don't cry." Nemer turned to the lady. "Can't you do anything?" This was Nemer, the one who called Aeiou and delivered him the news.

The lady look at Aeiou with a merciful look. After a few head scratch, and checking of her surroundings, she leaned to the counter, "I'm going to do this only for you, okay?."

Aeiou nodded, but he refused to raise his head.

"What time did you see her checked in?" she asked.

Nemer said, "I... I can't remember."

Aeiou pulled out his keypad phone without looking up and handed it to Nemer, "Did you call me immediately after you saw her?"

"No. To be honest, the back of the other guy as they walk together on the street was similar to yours, so I came to see if it was really you. I followed them for a bout five minutes. But when I saw they entered this five star hotel, I instantly felt something was amiss cause you're broke to afford a five star hotel so I called you and then..."

And then Nemer found out Aeiou was in his room studying for an entrance exam.

"You said their backs are similar? Hmm... There's only one person with a stature similar to his. But in closer inspection he's really... bigger. That's definitely them." She pulled a drawer below her and handed Aeiou a key. "Here's the key. The room number is attached there. Unfortunately, I couldn't disclose the names. Promise me you won't destroy anything. Just go out the hotel peacefully first then you can fight there. Good luck."

Aeiou took the key without raising his head, "I can't thank you enough," and walked to the elevator while still wiping his eyes and keeping his head down. Nemer rubbed his back as they go. The sight of the two was rather pitiful, especially Aeiou.

Once the elevator closed Aeiou straightened his back and there wasn't even a single trace of tear on his face.

Nemer sneered. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "Damn it, Aeiou. You always get me with your acting!"

"Ha... as if I'm going to shed a tear for her." Aeiou snickered loudly. "That pathetic cunt. I refused to go with her tonight because I'm studying, so she threw a tantrum to me in our texts, saying she already prepared something important but I still refused. You know me, study first. Now, look at what she did to me. She cheated. Tsk. Tsk." Aeiou shook his head in anger. "When I see her I'm going to give her hell."

"Wait..." Nemer squinted. "What are you gonna do to her and to the guy?"

"What kind of a question is that Nemer? It's as if you don't know me at all." A devious smile spread on Aeiou's face.

Nemer gulped. This Aeiou was tall, and have long lean arms. He wasn't muscled like guys in the gym, but he do have inhumane speed. Nemer witnessed Aeiou fight a sixteen year old boy when they were twelve. This sixteen year old boy was Nemer's bully. It was important to note that Nemer was fat and dark when he was young and up until today. Due to this, his appearance was the target of bullying.

Maybe it was God's work, that during a confrontation at the beach one afternoon, Nemer found himself lying on the sand acter he got pushed, and when his teary eyes looked up, a figure was standing between him and his bully. This was the first time Nemer met Aeiou, the popular guy of their school.

Aeiou and Nemer never talked before, Aeiou treated Nemer as invisible maybe because he was too busy with his girlfriend which at that time wasn't Tori.

"Please leave him alone or I'll call the police," the young Aeiou's voice was sweet despite of the situation. He was trying to negotiate.

"Police? Who do you think you are pretty boy..." The bully pushed Aeiou. "Ahhh!!! My eyes!!!"

Nemer had stared at Aeiou closely. There was no way Aeiou could do something without Nemer seeing it, but it just happened. Aeiou did something that made the bully scream in pain and stepped back twice. Screaming, holding his eyes and wiping it viciously next, the bully started spatting out sand. "Phew phew!"

Nemer looked at Aeiou's right hand and saw some traces of sand. Aeiou rubbed his hands to remove the sands.

Nemer guessed Aeiou hid that handful of sand even before he got there. Maybe he was on his way home and saw Nemer's situation and took pity to the person.

"You!"

Streaks of blood flew to the direction where Aeiou' kicked the face of the bully. "Hahaha... too slow."

In five seconds, Aeiou did twenty kicks while laughing, and all of them targeted the face of the bully. "Hahaha!" The kicks only stopped when the bully passed out, face bleeding and unmoving as he fell to the sand face first.

It was hard to believe that Aeiou did that much damage in five seconds only. Some blood came out of the bully's ears afterwards. He should be a martial artist who hides his true strength from acting venerable to girls, and when the time comes to act like a hero, he shows his true self. Some teachers say that Aeiou claimed that he has some superpowers when he was in first grade. This was actually a lie that Aeiou made up to get praise from his classmates. Right now, teachers say this to make Aeiou blush during class. But... it could be actually true.

"I'll strangle the guy and threw her off the window."

Nemer snapped back to reality when he heard Aeiou. "You're joking right?" Even though Nemer never saw Aeiou fight again, the memory of their first meeting still lingered in his brain.

Aeiou laughed. "Hahaha... no." A hint of murderous intent consumed his voice, and he spoke in a hush tone, "I'm going to make them pay." He jiggled the room key. "The person who'd treat me like this has not been born yet."

***

Upon reaching the door with 219 attached on a gold plate, Aeiou shoved the key and kicked the door open.

A naked figure sat up from the bed. It was Tori holding the white sheet close to her chest. "A-Aeiou? Why do you have different clothes...?"

Seeing this, a smirk spread on Aeiou's face.

He looked down and saw a red spot on the bedsheet. Aeiou squinted. He looked around him next. "Where's the guy?" he asked with a sweet voice. But it was actually why his question was intimidating, because he was using his sweet voice.

There was no sign of clothing of a guy on the floor, only Tori's underwear and a black dress. Whoever slept with his girlfriend had left already obviously.

"Nemer, guard that door."

Nemer closed the door. He waited outside; from there he could hear Aeiou's knuckles cracking.

Aeiou gritted his teeth in anger, he was finding the right words to spit to this girl's face who cheated on him. In the end, he roared: "You brazen slut!"