42: He Knows

A roaring sound of engine echoed from the garage.

When Heather heard it from her room, she ran down to the kitchen with a panic-stricken face.

She stopped and sat herself on a stool in front of a kitchen island table where a bright golden chandelier illuminates a marble surface above her. 

The air conditioner was working very well yet Heather's neck and armpits felt warm and wet.

Should I greet him with good afternoon or good night? The sky outside is still purple on the east yet orange on the other side.

Heather probed herself as she wait.

A few seconds later, a creaking sound on the back door came in. 

"Young... Brother... Good... Master... I..." 

With Zed's cold face glinting down upon her, Heather find it very hard to even let out a greeting.

Meanwhile, Zed moved his eyes away from Heather and started scanning the kitchen instead. He walked towards a wooden door near Heather's left side and opened it. Zed started checking the foods inside. "Did you eat anything?" 

Heather breathed deeply. "No. I didn't even drink water. Hahaha..." 

Zed turned his head to Heather and stared at her coldly. Then, he slammed the door of the pantry to close. "You help me cook."

Heather squinted her eyes and she wasn't able to stop herself to look at Zed. "Did you say cook, brother?"

"Are you deaf?"

Heather shook her head.

It was known in this mansion that Zed was a great cook. Since he was in junior high school, he got  trophies and national certificates displayed on a mirror shelf inside his room. Those were  sheer proof of Zed's excellence in cooking. However, never did Heather hear Zed cook something in this kitchen or heard any news about the prince cooking for the family... Wait. Aside of course if the prince was about to... poison someone.

Heather gulped. Her pearly white skin changed into ghastly pale, and she was too hesitant to ask. She was too scared. "Cook... cook... for whom, young master?" 

Zed reached for a black apron and strapped it behind his back. "Just answer everything that I ask you." 

Heather immediately sucked her lips inwards and laughed awkwardly.

Zed started gathering the things he needed. With his long fingers, big hands, and huge arms, Zed could hold and balance a good number of things on his arms. It only took him one rotation around the kitchen to get what he needed and placed them on the table one by one. 

While placing a bowl on the table, Zed spoke, "You know a lot of things about Aeiou." Heather had been friends with Aeiou for a long time, even longer than Zed, which made Zed feel a little pissed just by the thought.

 "Mmm..." Heather mumbled with her mouth close.

"Was it fun?" those words were spoken coldly, but the yielding force behind it was enough to break Heather.

This was the longest time Zed had conversed and shared a room with Heather, and obviously Zed have something against her. But it was something more than the affairs of being a Lorde, but... something else.

Before Heather knew it, Zed had started chopping onions with his back facing her. "You always eat with Aeiou, so you're knowledgeable enough to tell me what he wants to eat."

At that moment, Heather's eyes widened. So he wanted to cook for Aeiou? Oh how sweet! Heather covered her mouth and let out a silent scream. Despite of Zed threatening her, she still find it very exciting whenever Zed's mouth is filled with Aeiou's name. It was like the best word that Zed utters out.