74: Remember The NDA?

After visiting Nicolas in the hospital, Heather went to the car and pulled out a phone with black and white casing, and another phone with red and pink casing.

She looked for Tori's text on the pink phone which was her phone, and once she found it, she copied the number on the black phone, which was Nicolas' phone.

Using the black phone, Heather sent a message to Tori. "Hey, it's Aeiou. Let's meet again please. Same restaurant."

Tori quickly replied. "Sure. Take care, okay?"

°°°

Heather pushed the door of the restaurant where Tori set them up two days ago.

Once she got in, she scrutinized the surroundings—shifting her eyes from table to table until her orbs landed at the back of a small girl on the farthest seat. Heather couldn't be wrong. That long hair that sits nicely on the shoulders and the oblong-shaped head.

Heather messaged Tori using another number and pretended to be Aeiou, just like what Tori did to her.

Heather strode quickly in that direction. Every step was purposeful. Her heels crushing every small pebbles on the floor.

Heather sat in front of Tori without word.

The other person's eyes widened. Tori looked from the alley where Heather came from.

"I'm alone," Heather said.

Tori looked at her in surprise and anger.

"You tricked me!" Tori's voice trembled, and her teeth gritted.

Heather smiled sweetly, her voice was as sweet as honey too. "Well, what you reap is what you sow, right?"

Silence.

Tori's eyes shot fiercely at Heather, scrutinising her face as if she wants to slap it real hard. She held on to the glass of water beside her.

"I won't do that if I were you." Heather's voice remained sweet yet sudden, making Tori pause and somehow rethink her actions. "I am the stepdaughter of the most powerful man in this country. Just listen to what I had to say, This is for your own good too."

Tori looked at her. Then she let go of the glass and put her hand between her legs.

Heather pried her elbow on the table. "Aeiou and Zed, those two are more than friends." Heather started.

"Hahaga... They're both straight guys... and I tested them myself. You think that's believable?"

...and I tested them myself – Heather bit the inside of her cheek after hearing that. But she kept her composure and said, "As I was saying, they're in a relationship.  I'm here as a friend, a sibling, and I could say, a girl too; a girl who knows her worth and wanted other girls to realize the same. Now listen. Let Aeiou go."

Tori snickered loudly and smirked. "And what if I don't?"

Heather looked at her and smiled. "Then consider your future ruined. You remember the NDA you signed?"

Tori's face turned pale. "Are you threatening me?" Her voice remained firm.

"Oh, yes." Heather gave out a smile. "In that NDA, you swore to never to tell a soul that you fucked with Zed, right? But you breached it."

Tori jerked her head to the side while laughing. "You think you can scare me?"

Heather looked at her straight in the eyes. She stood from her seat and opened her purse. Then, she put a cheque on the table with 50,000 pesos written on it. "Here's half of my allowance for today, you can have it. I have a lot. You can use this money to pay for an attorney once the case of breaching the NDA began. I hope you can see now how powerful a Lorde can be, one flick of our hands and you're behind bars. But this will only happen if you don't stop chasing Aeiou. Is that a threat? No, that's a warning."

Heather left. The sound of her heels fading away. But even before she could held the door, Tori shouted. "Please help me, I don't want to go to jail!"

Every customer turned their head at Tori.

Heather looked at Tori's face. "So you will stop?"

"Yes! Please!"

Heather squinted her eyes. "Okay. Just know that once you went near the two of them, police would be on your doorstep the next day." Heather pushed the restaurant's door to leave. I guess that's the end for Aeiou's problem, Heather told herself.

Once she reached the parking lot, a guy in a suit was leaning on her white van. Wide shoulders and small waist. His long hair tied in a nice knot behind his head.

It was Nicolas.

"Why are you here?" Heather worriedly asked once she approached him.

Nicolas turned his head and bowed, "Greetings, my lady. I passed out when you hit me too hard on the head last night but the scans went out clean, and they sent me home right after you left."

Hearing that, Heather felt terrible. "I'm really sorry."

Nicolas nodded. "I'm glad I am worthy of your apology, my lady."

Heather sighed. "Actually, I'm thinking about offering you a vacation for a month. I'd convince my mom about it."

Nicolas blinked twice. "Don't bother my lady, I liked working for you—the Lorde family, I mean."

A leaf from the nearest mahogany tree fell to Nicolas's broken shoulders.

Before Nicolas wipe it away, Heather tapped it away gently.

Heather sighed. "I really want you to take a break and spend time with yourself, Nicolas. Come on, take this as my gift for you."

Nicolas looked at her for a while. Then he kneeled, "Can I spend that month with you, my lady?"

"Isn't that the same thing as working for me? Why are you kneeling?" Heather whispered.

"If you would allow it, this humble and lowly one is asking if you'd grace me with a chance to ask you for a date, my lady."

Heather flushed. "Oi. What are you saying... I..."

A date with Nicolas.

Nicolas didn't flinch with that offer. He was serious about it.

"Well... I don't know how dating works. I don't even think I am ready for it?"

Hearing this, Nicolas looked up and nodded. "That's noted, my lady. If you are not ready yet, I understand."

Heather smiled awkwardly. "Okay! Let's eat somewhere after this. But first, can you get up? Hehe... It's embarrassing."