25: Unforgivable

"The guy's name was Jake, can you check it thoroughly instead of asking me repeatedly..."

"Oh my! Is that Zed on your back? IS THAT ZED ON YOUR BACK?"

"...."

The lady in the lobby never stopped asking who was the guy's on Aeiou's back.

Aeiou took a deep breath, when he spoke again his tone carried a hint of annoyance. "Do you have anyone who can help me? I can't feel my legs anymore."

A licentious expression spread on the lady's face. "Just take him to our guest room, I'll take care of him."

When they entered this towering building, Aeiou caught this lady shoved onto the computer but when she saw Zed, her face was lit up as if it was 6:00 in the morning.

Aeiou snapped back to reality when the lady started started touching Zed's biceps in a licentious manner.

An angry voice thundered, "HEY!" That voice reverberated around the lobby like  thunder.

When Aeiou felt his throat sore, he realized the one who shouted was him.9

He schooled himself and told the lady coldly, "Don't touch him, don't you have shame?"

The lady withdrew her hand with a feared expression and said, "Third... third floor, room 23."

Aeiou didn't even bow or say thank you to her. A subtle rolling of his eyes was enough to show his displeasure before he walked away.

Why are they hiring people like that?

Aeiou now realized why he couldn't leave Zed on the beach earlier. As early as when he refused to move away when a bunch of drunk gay men approached him. That time Zed was lying on the sand, drunk and powerless. Somehow, unconsciously, he was scared Zed might get harassed.

Aeiou looked over his shoulder. What showed was Zed's sleeping face. So peaceful, like a sudden eclipse during a scorching noon. 

Aeiou thrust Zed's legs upward and clicked the button of the elevator. When it opened, Aeiou went in and clicked the floor number. He looked at the lobby lady and gave her one eye roll before it closed.

It took two minutes before Aeoiu reached the door with a number 23 on it. Both his hands were numb that time. Why? Zed's legs were as big as his head, who wouldn't be tired? "Hey, idiot. Go click the doorbell."

Zed strenuously raised his finger and pushed a button. After that, since he was jolted out of his comfort, he buried his soft lips onto Aeiou's neck and groaned.

Aeiou was angered by that. He wanted to strangle Zed badly right then but in the end, he didn't.

The doorbell sounded, yet there was no response. When Aeiou turned his attention keenly to the door, he noticed that the button was green, it was actually open from the inside.

Aeiou's pushed the door with his foot and the door did slowly open. 

The inside of the condo flashed on Aeiou's eyes.

All the lights were turned on and there was a piece of subtle mellow music playing in the background, enough to block the sound of doorbell from the outside. So whoever was here didn't here the doorbell.

Aeiou hastily walked inside. There was a sofa at the end of the room so he walked there and timbered with Zed like a domino. He pushed Zed's arms away but it come right back around his shoulder and Zed buried his nose on Aeiou's back. 

Aeiou didn't pay it any mind and made himself comfortable on the sofa with Zed behind him. Aeiou groaned out all the stiffness of his body as squint his eyes in pain. "Fuck..."