19: Zed VS Aeiou (Round Two)

"So you really came back."

"Business trips, young master."

A faint smile cracked on Zed's secured lips. As if he doesn't know that in the first place — it was not his father that visited him, but actually his cousin, Jaspher who was sitting on a bench under a mahogany tree.

He was wearing a black tuxedo with his legs and arms crossed. His eyes were same as Zed's, but his nose was small like a bird's beak, and his skin was pearly like Heather's.

How dare this old man tease me that he was my father? Zed calmly walked towards the bench and sat his bum beside Jaspher. "So how are you now? It's been 3 years, huh?" Zed asked.

"Well, I'm fine. Still managing the business my father gave me."

"How about painting? You told me before you wanted to be an artist."

Jaspher snickered. "I have long dropped that dream, young master. So how's Heather? Don't tell me you put expired milk on her cereal too?"

Suddenly, loud words echoed inside Zed's head. "Quick! Master Jaspher has drank a bottle of expired milk." Zed couldn't help but smirk.

That smirk caused Jaspher to quickly change his expression. He leaned closer to Zed, his voice carried a hint of disquiet once he spoke again, "You didn't make her life miserable didn't you?"

Zed shook his head. "I ignored her straight for two months, but she was persistent in talking to me. If not for the favor that you asked for, that girl would not have survived in that mansion."

Hearing that, Jaspher let out a sigh. After the incident of Zed's and Heather's first meeting, Jaspher heard from Heather what Zed called Veronica and Henry. Immediately, Jaspher texted Zed using his other phone.

"That girl couldn't say goodbye to her father. She's trying her best to be happy now. Let her at least live in peace, young master."

Zed did not reply, but Jaspher received a call from heather that Zed bought him a box of donuts. Since then, Jaspher received no complaint from Heather.

Heather was lucky for two things. One, that she was acquainted with Jaspher, they met in Spain during their training days. Two, despite of Zed's attitude, it seemed there was a soft spot somewhere in his heart too.

Truth to be told, Jaspher was the last victim of Zed's wrath, but that'd be for a later discussion.

The conversation went fluidly for a good while.

"What online games do you play now?" Zed asked.

"Nothing new. Still the usual. How's Henry's wedding by the way?" But Jaspher was still eager to know more about Henry's wedding.

Zed shook his head and let out a breath.

"It's just a wedding, Zed. What good would being repulsive to that wedding do good?"

Zed shot a look at Jaspher. "Is that why you told the guard that you're my father? To test whether we now have a good relationship?"

A gust of cold wind blew from Zed's direction towards Jaspher's face, freezing the air between them.

It was already obvious to Japsher than in the three years they were separated, Zed hadn't even changed a bit.

"I don't want to hate you Jaspher, don't push your luck." That casually said sentence was like a threat. "You're the only Lorde that I trust, don't ruin it."