18: Zed VS Aeiou

A shout echoed. "Ma'am Jhoane! It would be unfair for Aeiou, he had already dodged 4 balls in fifteen seconds. He must be tired already!" It was Hansel.

Angeline was also about to agree when Aeiou shouted.

"No. It's fine. I can still go. Let Zed play." Aeiou boldly said while slightly lifting his shirt up to wipe his forehead.

Accidentally or not, his lower abdomen barely showed, and all the girls, and also Hansel, were already sightseeing.

Seeing that Aeiou also has six pack abs the crowd wasn't able to suppress themselves and started shouting. "Showdown... Showdown... Showdown..." they urged and shouted their hearts out until their voices filled the gymnasium.

And the crowd went much wilder when Zed stood up from where he sat and took a ball that no one picked when it rolled to his direction. He lifted the ball with one hand—his fingers enveloping 3/4 of the ball, before spinning it with one of his finger.

Mostly everyone shouted in excitement. Without any words, Zed positioned himself between Hansel and another thrower, then he whispered to them, "Pick up the balls for me Hansel, this guy is no joke."

Hansel gazed at Zed's face, what showed was Zed's serious expression. His brows were dawned, and his eyes were unreadably strong as if he was looking at an opponent and not an enemy. It reminded Hansel of the days they contended in basketball league before and the opponent was someone who joined international competitions. If that was how Zed see Aeiou, then Aeiou was definitely someone remarkable.

Aeiou smirked. In his mind he thought, I'll defeat you.

Days had passed and all the students declared Aeiou and Zed as enemies. If Aeiou said east, then Zed would say west. When Aeiou did something great, Zed would do something much better.

Zed was nitpicking on him every day.

In all honesty, Aeiou wanted to ask Zed; What if we juts fight to the death?

However, every time before he could speak his mind, Zed have already started his attacks: pushing his chair back to Aeiou's desk to pester the guy. Aeiou could only counterattack.

Aeiou wanted to avoid getting into trouble since he's a scholar. It was stated on the contract that he shall not get into any kinds of trouble or else his scholarship would be terminated, which strongly prohibited him from punching this guy no matter how badly he wanted to.

But this time was the perfect time and Aeiou's only chance to finally slap Zed by defeating him in this game. Once Aeiou win this game, Zed would have to admit defeat, and for sure he'd be required to dance too!

"3.. 2.. 1.. Go!" The game started.

In the beginning, the two were well-matched, Zed's accuracy was just as balanced as Aeiou's agility.

All of the students were cheering in loud voices. Some used to hate Aeiou, but seeing this other side of him, made them appreciate the guy slowly. The fact that he could go toe to toe with Zed was already remarkable.

As time goes by, Aeiou began to slow down his pace, leaving a gap between his movements as his shirt got drenched in sweat.

The reason was a large basket of balls that Hansel's team kept on refilling on Zed's side which made Zed throw continuously. Truly, Aeiou lost count of how many balls he had dodged, and Zed was not letting him take a breath.

Fifteen seconds had passed, Zed decided to throw two balls at the same time.

Two balls after the another, Aeiou did not take each ball lightly as it carries not just speed but strength to give him a black-eye. Truly, Zed was aiming at his face.

"Okay, that's 30 seconds!" The teacher shouted. "Stop!"

With a look of disdain, Zed dropped the two ball on his hands. Aeiou landed on his knees and took several deep breaths.

This meant they won. They wouldn't have to dance!

Jhoane approached Aeiou and offered him a hand. "Ey-yu? Sir Kenneth told me about you. You're very agile, are you a gymnast before?"

Aeiou nodded, "Yes, miss."

Jhoane smiled and asked him to go the front with her.

"Hey, competing against Zed was out of our plan," Angeline said.

Aeiou laughed.

"That was intense." Hansel appeared by his side with a bottle of water. Aeiou put his arms around him and put him close to his chest. "Aren't you so sweet?"

"You really are a gymnast." Heather clapped.

Aeiou was still acknowledging all the praises when a cold voice came from behind him.

"You're very flexible, aren't you a monkey?"

Aeiou hadn't even turned his head back when Zed bumped him and walked to the front.

Aeiou shot a death glare to Zed's back. Heather tapped his shoulder and told him to let it pass.

"Okay, so the losing group, all of you line up!" Jhoane shouted. "Let's all dance Dream!"

Now, Aeiou would have his reward, to see Zed's robust body to dance on a girly-pop song. Big muscles combined with girly moves, Aeiou wanted to laugh just by thinking about it.

No one dared to counter the teacher. Aeiou and his team walked to the front facing the losing group, behind the teacher. Hansel was emotionless, Zed was on the last row and Heather did not know what to do.

This was a Filipino trend after all. Aeiou felt bad for Heather that he left her earlier. So he jumped behind the teacher and signalled Heather to look at him, he would try to dance faintly to lead Heather somehow. Truly, this song Dream had been the exercise song on Aeiou's past school.

Aeiou was getting warmed up when a loud voice came in.

"Ma'am!" Zed shouted. "Look Aeiou knew the dance. He should be the one in front!"

Aeiou turned his head to that direction and saw Zed pointing at him. This motherfucker! I don't want to dance in front!

"Really?" Jhoane turned and saw Aeiou with ahnds in front of him. "Oh okay Mr. Revelderio. Come here in front of the stage and lead us!"

Even before Aeiou could speak his mind, Jhoane had pushed him all the way to the front.

The music started playing and everyone was looking at Aeiou.

Jhoane saw Aeiou's hesitant face. "I'll exempt you for this week's quiz if you lead us perfectly."

That was all Aeiou needed to hear to make his body moved.

"Hey! Come on, let's dance! Hey! Hey!" Aeiou shouted with his unnatural voice again, making everyone laugh.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't see Zed dance.

When the bell rang, Zed stood up and walked coldly down the hallway. Passing through every fangirls of him and Aeiou.

"Jeez. Zed and Aeiou, I think I admire both of them now!"

"Aeiou was able to dodge all of those ball and he can also dance well. How can a guy looked so handsome yet flexible at the same time?"

"...." Zed snickered loudly. He could not explain it. But he couldn't deny the fact that Aeiou did something great he would never surpass. He looked at his wrist and felt the strain from throwing those balls. He threw those balls strongly as he could, but Aeiou dodged every one of it until the very last second. Regardless of his attitude Zed gave Aeiou the credit that he deserves. He's not weak.

Hansel appeared on Zed's side. "Your Father is on the gate waiting for you — why the hell are you smiling?" his tone change midway upon seeing Zed's face.

Zed looked at Hansel. He was not smiling, he was grinning. He moved his hand to his pocket and touched the scratched papers which he teared off from Aeiou's notebook earlier when Aeiou passed his notebook to the front.

He shoot it to the garbage bin before saying, "Nothing."