26: Will You Hurt Me Again?

When morning came, Philip walked out of his room while scratching his eyes. He gazed at the entrance door. It was closed.

Suddenly, a door across his room swung open. What showed was Aeiou's beaming face and topless body, "Pa! I earned a lot from the my gig last night. Go to the market and buy yourself shoes, jeans and shirts!" There was a cabinet next to Aeiou's door.  Aeiou bent near to it slapped it violently with a stack of one thousand peso bills. But he hasn't withdrew yet when he groaned, "Ahh my back hurts."

"...What happened?"

Weekend days had passed and it was one bright and sunny Monday again. However, there was someone wearing a blank and icy expression as he walked to school.

Aeiou shrugged his shoulder. "Ah..." Then, he thrust his arms sideways. "AH!" He reached his hands to his back and scratched it. "AHHHH!"

What do these patches do good!? Aeiou stomped his feet and moved in circles on the side road. Every time he would make a turn, his skin would be stretched to the other side as if it was taped, annoying him to death.

Philip tampered Aeiou's body with these minty cold patches when he was asleep last night. 

Aeiou woke up this morning trying to remove it. When Philip heard the groans he barged in his room and said, "Don't you dare remove those even after you take a bath!"

Aeiou stomped his feet. "But I'm already well!"  From sitting on his bed, he did a sudden backflip. He thrust his hands upward, "See?"

Philip's face turned ghastly pale. "Are you crazy?! You're not my son anymore if you remove those and do those stunts when your body is clearly injured!"

Aeiou told Philip he fell off the stairs at school that was why he had sores around his body. Philip said they should go to the doctors but Aeiou quickly debated that the nurse cleared him off. 

One thing about Aeiou, he was a good liar. 

The way he told Philip after he slapped the table with money; pouting and and almost crying, he said, "Taaaay... I tripped and fell off the stairs of our school, it fucking hurts! Look, I may have bruises around my body."

When Aeiou made it past the iron gate of Sta. Monica University, he entered the place of what he called Islands Of Snakes. There were benches on each side of the pavements, they were Islands. Meanwhile the snakes were the students sitting and gathered around them. Hence the name, Island Of Snakes. 

Heads turned to him like magnets. He still received the highest level of attention, as if he was a prey to these snakes.

Aeiou sighed and walked without looking to the snakes. 

It might just be a new habit he picked up somewhere, but Aeiou put his hands inside his pockets midway and maintained a cold expression like Zed.

When he made it past a certain bench, he heard some loud hissing. All the other benches were silent, yet this one was different. They were loud. Aeiou turned his head to his side and bit his gum and squint his eyes when he saw who they were. There   were four girls, but one stood out from all of them, she was wearing a black choker around her neck and a skull pendant on her chest. It was Sarah. Sarah moved her eyes from Aeiou's head to toe and laughed.

The other three girls exchanged looks and laughed too.

Aeiou smirked sarcastically. I really can't say all girls are beautiful. Aeiou looked at Sarah's spiky black shoes then looked at her slug like drawn eyebrow. Aeiou laughed mockingly, "Hahaha..."