06: Sta. Monica

The new school that Aeiou enrolled in was ten blocks away from his home. But Aeiou did not want to spend any more money on public transit.

Forget about riding a tricycle, they all seemingly wanted to drive all the way to Heaven.

Aeiou clasped his hands behind his head and walked handsomely on the pedestrian road.

A rather constipated looking tricycle driver stopped beside him, "Hey handsome, you want a ride?"

"I'm good." He smiled.

But the tricycle driver refused to give up. "It would be a long way..."

"Nah, it's fine. The beach is just a minute walk away from here, there are still a lot of bikini girls there, I would like to enjoy the view!"

The tricycle driver squint his eyes. "Tsk. Kids of today." He left in whopping 60km/h speed.

"Motherfucker wants to die early." Aeiou tsked.

Truly, every time Aeiou would dare to ride a three-wheeled motorcycle, he would always feel like his one foot was stepping in his grave.

Thanks to that one time when he was walking back from school when he was eight years old, and a motorcycle passes through them in the speed of lightning, in a rush for whatever reason there was. And a truck, a ten-wheeler truck, came out from an intersection and crushed the motorcycle.

The road got covered by body parts, metal, and blood. And shouts echoed everywhere.

Aeiou felt his heart tightened and anxiousness creep behind him as he remembered that day. It caused him to have phobias of riding any motor vehicles ever since.

Aeiou reached the road where the accident happened. He stared at the same position where the man, whose one leg was on the other side of the road reached out to him before his head fell with a thug and died. It was now back to sand and dust.

Walking is preferably nice, Aeiou thought before dragging his feet forward and moving past it. But still the tightness on his chest remained and his efforts of breathing deeply made no good effect.

As he walked, the wind blew, and the salty scent of sea wafted everywhere, calming him. Aeiou looked on his right and found himself walking on a road with the other side as the beach. Although there were no bikini girls as the summer ended already, there were seagulls burying their beaks on the golden sand, and jumping on the crystal water. Aeiou stopped his gait and stared at the grace of sunlight bouncing against the wave of waters.

The roar of seagulls echoed everywhere. And ten meters away from the shore where those seagulls flew was a stone monument with the carvings that read: Sta. Monica.

Aeiou brushed his hair and continued walking.

After twenty more minutes, Aeiou entered the more urban side of Sta. Monica. Houses after houses, gates after courtyards. Soon, he saw a towering ten-foot bronze gate peeking over the houses and live wires.

Sta. Monica University –was written on the arch of the gate.

Aeiou walked there and his face fell when he saw a long queue of students. Starting from the entrance a huge number of students lined up with rather constipated expressions.

Considering that this was a top-tier university, it was completely packed with new students coming from different schools all over the world. Aeiou sighed and lazily dragged his feet to the line. He could guess from the diamond earrings, golden necklaces, and jade hair pins, he was the only one who was poor there.

This was what he reviewed for. Only one, out of millions of applicants who weren't rich enough got accepted to this university as a scholar.

Fuck this. Aeiou peeked over one head of a student. This would take long.

But why is there a line in the first place? Looking at the other side of the road, there were student walking towards the gate without falling in line.

Aeiou did not understand this until his eyes landed on the poster under a post right next to him. "Transferee and new students, please fall in line."

Tsk. It seemed that even the richest had to fall in line too.

In the queue, thankfully, Aeiou stood behind a cute girl. He had already passed the entrance exam, so he had a lot of free time for girls. He was into finding a new girlfriend.

The girl has an it-girl vibe. Her short hair barely touches her shoulders. She was small and petite, a girl that could fit in Aeiou's embrace.

Not bad... Aeiou got intrigued.

He just wished this girl wasn't one of Tori's friends of friends. That's why he was still acting kind to Tori sometimes, because that bitch knew other cute girls and may organize an anti-Aeiou organization against him. But given that Tori never got into this school, a school where only the family of Elites could afford, a girl like her would have no connection inside this institution for sure. If she has then she should be enrolled here but no.

Aeiou tapped the girl's shoulder once, but when she turned, Aeiou almost jumped away because the girl shouted at him. "Why?!"

Her face was alright. Small nose and big eyes... really big eyes, blood shot against Aeiou. "Hey! Why did you tap my shoulder?!"

It seemed her patience was already drained from waiting.

"Umm...nothing." Aeiou scratched his head.

The girl rolled her eyes before she turned back. "Damn it, I wouldn't be able to catch Zed if I stay in this line for long!"

Aeiou gnashed his teeth once the girl couldn't see him, and did not mind what the girl said. Are girls here this rude here? Tsk. Do you think you're that beautiful? You're going to regret doing this to me.

Aeiou's thought was still in the rude girl in front of him when someone tapped him from behind. He turned with dawned brows and saw two ugly girls wearing the same uniform color as the girl in front of him. But instead of shouting Aeiou wore his earnest smile. "Is this the gate of heaven? Why are there two beautiful angels behind me?" But Aeiou didn't offer them to go first.

The two girls giggled excitedly. "Umm... Can we get your number, Kuya?" the other girl said in a shy low voice.

Aeiou smiled, but in his mind he said, No bitch, you're not my type. But, like the sun rays in the early morning, Aeiou answered warmly. "Of course."

"09XX XXX XXXX"

The two girls giggled excitedly again.

As the cute girl in front of Aeiou began to be curious about the Aladdin-like-prince behind her and regret shouting at his face before realizing it was a handsome transferee, she summoned her courage and turned. "Is that really your number?" Her voice was a little more relaxed.

"Yes, but not yet."

The girl's brows frowned, "What do you mean? Then who's number was that?"

Aeiou leaned forward and whispered to her ears. "Your future husband's."

It was too late when Aeiou remembered he had already broken his sim card. Fuck.