39: SOUNDS BAD!

"Bye."

"Bye."

When Hansel exited the room, a very tall man leaning on the wall across him sneered. 

Fidgeting his fingers inside his pockets, Zed coldly asked. "What did you two talk about?"

Hansel only blinked once before he turned away and walked away nonchalantly.

"What's up with your attitude..."

"Zed! Come here! I'm about to kick your ass!" Aeiou shouted.

Zed didn't know whether to follow Hansel or see Aeiou inside. Hansel may act too formal sometimes. But he never acted cold like this. There's definitely something wrong. 

"Go see him." A low cold voice echoed. "He's been waiting for you." It was Hansel. Just then, Hansel turn to a hallway and disappeared.

 Zed shook his head and entered the room. He hadn't taken his second step when a pillow flew to his direction. He caught it in mid-air. "Tsk... is this what I get for carrying your fat ass here?" Zed put the pillow down and a pair of eyes staring at him fiercely welcomed him.

Aeiou asked Zed. "How did you get my ID?"

Zed threw the pillow across the room and sat himself to a stool beside Aeiou's bed. He put his hands inside his pockets and answered without emotions. "Let's just say you were not attentive to your surroundings."

Aeiou closed his eyes and took a deep breath. It seems his anger disappeared when a wide smile spread on his face. He blew a sigh of relief. His fierce expression gone. "Ah... yes. Gaslighting. I commend you for that," he said in a very light tone. "You're obviously watching me closely that you're adapting my tactics." Suddenly, he sounded like a high school teacher teaching his students the how's of life. "I would have only commended you. But that ID that you took, it has money that I was supposed to use to buy food. And look what it cost me." Aeiou crossed his arms. "How do you like to make amends?"

It was almost as fast as lightning when Zed's expression changed into myriad of colors. "What?" After that, he completely froze.

Aeiou grunted. "My money is in that ID. I wasn't able to eat because you took it, asshole."

Zed looked at Aeiou completely frozen. After a second, his widened eyes relaxed. Then his usual expression that is comparable to a calm cold lake spread on his face as he looked down on the floor.

Staring at Zed, Aeiou could only guess what Zed was thinking while maintaining an equally neutral face. But deep inside, Aeiou was dying of laughter. Maybe he feels guilty. Hahaha... look at him. He looks like a dog robbed of his bone.  

Sensing Zed's guilt, Aeiou feigned worry and said, "Hansel said it's best if I change school..."

"I will go with you." Zed was already staring at Aeiou. He interrupted so quickly Aeiou almost jump off of his bed. Zed's expression was as calm as a cold lake yet Aeiou could hear a strong motivation on his words.

Aeiou was a person who likes the feeling of having power over people's emotions, so Aeiou continued. He scratched his hair slowly to add more drama to the situation and said, "If you come with me then what's the point of changing schools?"

"If I don't come with you then what's the point of going to school?"

"Are you stupid?!" That was Aeiou's lines before to his girls. But now, it was getting used to him by another guy. It sounded really... awful. "Are you only going to school now because of me?"

"Yes."

When Aeiou heard that his head hurts. "Fuck off. I'm just kidding. I told Hansel not to tell the dean what you did. He agreed. But next time be careful with your jokes." He massaged his forehead thinking, I am supposed to make fun of him, but looked, I'm the one who gets pissed.

"You..." 

Aeiou looked up to Zed whose face was dark. "What?"

"You also need to be careful with your jokes. Tsk, I almost bought this school."

"Spoiled Rebellious Dick."

Zed sat himself on the stool. "Tsk. Moody Bitch."

Unsurprisingly, the two rolled their eyes at the same time away from each other. But not even a minute had passed, Zed spoke, "I apologize. I'm going to make amends to you."

Aeiou only gave him a nod.

"WHy is your hand covered in pillow?"

Aeiou's eyes widened. Of course, he couldn't let Zed know he feared needles. Zed might make laugh at him. Besides, it was not mandatory for people to know. "The nurse said to put light pressure on it. It's needed." Aeiou made up a senseless excuse. Thankfully, Zed let it go.

"I prepared something for you while I was away."

Zed stood and walked to a microwave above refrigerator across the bed. He pulled out a bowl before reaching for a spoon from a drawer. He then walked back at Aeiou with a bowl on his right hand and a spoon on the other. 

Seeing that, Aeiou frowned. "You're not going to feed me. No." 

A flash of disappointment flashed on Zed's blue eyes. But it disappeared quickly. He put the bowl on the bedside table casually. "Look how presumptuous you are. Who's going to feed who?"

Aeiou's pupils rolled to the back of his skull. 

Zed took broad strides and walked towards the door. With his back facing Aeiou, he said, "You eat now, I will go back to my class." 

"Wait."

Zed turned his head to the back. "What?"

Aeiou stared at Zed for a good while in silence. Then he stared at the porridge on his side. "Where's the donut and the milk tea that you bought for me?"

Hearing that, Zed didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Where is it? I THREW IT! Hearing Aeiou talk about those donuts reminded Zed just how Aeiou gave him a cold shoulder and chose Ashton over him. 

 "I threw it to the garbage bin, wanna eat it?"

Aeiou's jaw dropped. He bit his gums and closed his eyes, his voice carried a hint of annoyance when he spoke, "Then go buy a new one tomorrow using the money in my ID." 

"Why do you want a new one? So that you can reject me again? You really find it funny playing with my feelings!"

"Then I will not play with your feelings anymore! Go buy the same box of donut and the same flavored drink tomorrow."

Aeiou's ears were both red, his cheeks were tender and all of his fingers were fidgeting vigorously. It was obvious that Aeiou wanted to say other things; other than about the food. He had always been confident about his words but when it comes to Zed, his tongue sometimes flick and roll. It was as if some of his body parts gets out of control when he was around Zed.

"Say, if I bring you the same box of donut now, will we become close? I mean there'll be no 'let's-stay-away-from-each-other-bullshit?"

Aeiou stared at Zed, "Okay. Go." 

Regardless of how those words were spoken, it was a yes. 

A mocking smile spread on Zed's face.

With that devilish expression surfacing on Zed's handsome face, Aeiou already knew something stupid was about to get down. 

 Zed walked to other side of the room wearing that smirk, glancing back at Aeiou every five seconds. He stopped in front of the refrigerator with a microwave on top. Aeiou gulped a load of his saliva.

Zed pulled out a box of donuts. But that was not all, Zed also pulled out the milkteas from the freezer. With a mocking expression on his cunning face, Zed laughed. "Here it is, my husband."

"Who's husband of who? You told me that you threw it!"

"How can I threw something that I bought not with my money?"

"So whose money..." Aeiou's eyes widened. "You didn't use my money didn't you?!"

Zed chuckled. "My father froze all my credit cards. How do you expect me to get money if not from you? My sugar daddy. Oh yes, since I cannot pay the money you used to pay for my mother's rental, I'll have to pay through labor. Sounds good?"

Aeiou gritted his teeth. "SOUNDS BAAAAD!"