𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗵𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗮 (𝗻

𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗵𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗮 (𝗻.) - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘆, '𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗶𝘁.'

This house choked me, maybe it was because I could still hear her sweet laugh and her precious voice as they ran through the many gardens that this house sported or, maybe it was because that monster was alive and living here, yet she wasn't.

We were all silent when I heard light footsteps and a laugh so delicate it could have belonged to an angel. However, I knew who it belonged to, and she was no angel. I hated her being able to laugh so freely it infuriated me, made me see red.

The round table separated the 4 of us, it had been placed on the balcony of Ivanov's home office. The view of Madrid was rather amazing, yet it couldn't compare to my views of Sicily. Although the fresh summer breeze relaxed me a bit, I was still in the mood to kill.

What was the meaning of his invitation? More intriguingly, why invite Papa? He retired from the business ages ago, maybe it wasn't for business. All I know is, I have no time for it.

I stare at the man who sat before me, so the rumors really are true, Capo Ivanov really is getting old. His eyes were aged, yet they still held their cold and emotionless stare. His head that once held his brunette locks was now quickly balding with his remaining hair a deep grey. His skin was now wrinkled. However, he sat tall.

He was staring right back at me, but when he realized I had noticed he quickly looked away. Damn right, he knows better than to look at me like that. Normally, I wouldn't hesitate to pierce his skull but in this case, it would cause an unnecessary war. Which wouldn't be ideal right now, I didn't need to stake our treaty.

He was testing me, stupid old bastard. I was tempted to bark something at him, to make him explain his plans, however, I manage to stay calm. "Respect the timing, my son." My father's words blare through my ears.

There are many differences between me and my father, making us nothing alike; one of them being I'm worse, much worse than he ever will be, my reign will be far more successful as I become more powerful than the rest.

Everyone knows I'm not a very patient man. But he doesn't deserve the pleasure of me twitching or squirming. I sit tall staring back, the tension between us rising.

His time is nearly over, the crown on his head would soon be passed onto his oldest son, Alexei. I can see it, Why couldn't they just announce it already?

Looking around, I see their men dressed in suits, guns resting in their holsters and earpieces snaked around their ears.

I knew  I should have come with more men, instead, my father insisted on only bringing Enzo, Marco, Giovanni, Roman, Diago, and Ivan with us. He had assured me no more were necessary. Stupid old man, I know he knows why we are here, he must know at least something.