𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝗡𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝘂𝘀 (𝗮𝗱𝗷.) - 𝗕𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂.

Anastasia

The woman staring back at me appeared livelier than anticipated. The heavy eyes stared back at me unfazed.

Her skin glowed.

Her eyes twinkled with such vigor I fought to take my eyes off her.

I gaped at her.

She defined perfection. Sheer excellence exuded her person. A wave of placidness cocooned her myriad of emotions which were on the verge of an explosion in her tangled mind. The serenity cascaded over her shoving back her fears. Her demons retreated to the dark castle where they belonged.

The woman no longer recalled the young frightened girl hiding in her mama's closet rather, in this nanosecond of a moment she was staring at the figure who seemed sanguine, certain, and assertive.

Who is she?

Donned in a ruby red, satin gown, the fabric hugged her figure emphasizing the sweet body curves.

The gown is elegant but also sexy starting with the gorgeous ruby satin, short off-shoulder sleeves, the dress also shows just enough cleavage to be provocative. The dress fits perfectly around my waist, before flaring down from my waist to kiss the floor effortlessly. A sexy slit in the skirt of the dress runs from my hips to the floor.

The waist is adorned with a matching, dainty red belt, while most of her body is hidden inside of the satin, perfect. The sleeves are short and end just above the elbow, and the slit in the dress gives it character.

Her brunette hair is pinned into an elegant low bun, several loose strands fanning her face. The makeup artist has winged her eyeliner perfectly, bringing the whole eye-make-up look together, while also enhancing her emerald orbs. Her long eyelashes curled up in mascara caresses her eyebrows. The whole look is brought together with her red matte lipstick.

The gown reveals a modest amount of skin, yet one couldn't say she is dull yet it portrays absolute elegance.

The ruby stud earrings held in place by pure gold glimmers mirroring the gleam in her eyes. Her whole being is radiated. She looks vibrant. She looks confident enough to take down the world.

She imitates a Queen ready to strike, capable to seize what belongs to her.

The throne.

And the crown.

Though, deep down, she's faltering. She's unsure. She's in denial. She's self-doubting herself, questioning her worth.

I can't recognize the woman before me. I blink at my reflection utterly enchanted.

Is this me?

The woman in the mirror looks like everything but me.

My gaze slides to the Romano family ring perching on my finger. The jewel glistens. Everything about the ring exudes power. The authority it wields surpasses the thresholds. There are no boundaries when it comes to the family I'm getting married into.

They are the rulers.

The leaders.

The kings.

The force they carry with them is unmatchable, a hurricane destroying everything in its wake.

A snake swirled around the band, its head resting on the large diamond in the center of the ring. The snake's body is swirling around the band of the ring and in-between parts of its body lays an 'R' made of pure diamond. I squint my eyes to look at the ivy leaves creeping on the 'R'. All the factors portraying a deep connotation of their own. Their prestige carrying the unspoken promise of superiority.