𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Finfugal (adj.) - Hating endings; someone who tries to avoid or prolong the final moments of a story, relationship, or some other journey.

Anastasia

I lay there with my eyes closed, being ever so careful not to move a muscle. I couldn't wake him up, not right now. He lay beside me on his back, his toned chest on display. Every now and then, I took a peek at him, to see if he was still asleep. Once again, I look up at his face, however now sat a smirk on his perfectly sculpted lips.

His eyes were still closed, but I could still feel his gaze on me. Almost as if he was taunting me and he knew what I was doing.

"Goodmorning, sunshine."

He was awake this entire time. I was so oblivious that I hadn't realized for even a second he was acting.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I mutter quietly.

Vincenzo stared at me a long second before smirking once again,

"No, I've been awake for two hours." He admits.

"And you didn't say anything? That's kind of creepy."

"You didn't say a word either, love."

"Whatever, creep."

His lips curve up into a small smile as I keep the side of my head pressed into the pillows, my nose becoming intoxicated with Vincenzo's tempting scent.

He turns to face me, our faces only inches away from one another. His dark eyes looking into mine. His head slowly leans towards mine, captivating my lips in his harsh lips. The kiss wasn't rough nor brutal; it was soft and delicate. To me, it meant something.

I found comfort in the moments we shared, even though I knew they were just that, moments. He pulled back, pressing his forehead against mine. He began to get up, but before he could leave me confused and alone again I grabbed his hand.

"Wait," I plead.

"What's wrong?" He asks sitting back on the edge of the bed.

"We need to talk."

"We will later. C'mon get up."

He once again extended his hand out to me. I take his hand as he pulls me from the bed. He held my hand in his as he led me into the bathroom. I slowly began undressing, letting my hair fall down my back as I released it. I step into the shower, shutting the large door behind me. Pouring a decent amount of shampoo onto my hand, I rubbed it into my scalp.

--

I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I walked beside Vincenzo reaching the sink. He rinsed the razor he had been previously using in the sink basin, before grabbing both electric toothbrushes and applying toothpaste onto them. He ran them both briefly under the tap, before handing me mine.

I press the device to my teeth before pressing the button, turning it on. I turned to face him as I guided the device along with my teeth. Again it felt normal gazing into each other's eyes. The toothbrush stops automatically after 2 minutes.

I spit the toothpaste from my mouth into the sink, careful not to get it everywhere. I rinse my spit from the sink before once again briefly rinsing my toothbrush and placing it back on its stand. Vincenzo turns to me with a concerningly amused face.

"What?" I ask feeling a little embarrassed.

He shakes his head, reaching towards my face, wiping a blob of toothpaste from the side of my mouth.

"Thanks," I mutter.

How did he even see that? This man is seriously confusing.

I couldn't take it anymore, does he or does he not hate me? It's almost as if he's incapable of being read.