𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

Wabi-Sabi (n.) - Finding beauty in the imperfections of life and accepting constant change.

Anastasia

The brush runs through my damp hair, pushing the remaining liquid to the floor. I finally managed to take a shower for 3 days in a row without being interrupted by Vincenzo. Honestly, it felt amazing. I enjoyed my life here in Italy, I thought I would most certainly hate it; yet I found myself taking walks throughout the beautiful gardens and spending the short autumn nights watching movies with Amara. It had almost been a month since I arrived here the day after I married, yet it already felt like home.

Sure, I missed things, people, and the simplicity of my old life. But a part of me knew I could never get that back. Waking up next to Vincenzo every morning is something I'm still waiting to get used to.

Vincenzo, Vincenzo, Vincenzo.

That man was ruining my days all the time, just as he promised. A part of me hoped he would leave me be, yet he couldn't. Whether it was the constant name-calling or the harsh words, or the constant betrayal, the cheating, or the way he chose to treat me, was unknown. I still couldn't understand why it hurt when he was cold to me.

Almost instantly, it was like a light turned on inside my brain. I am his trophy wife, his business deal, his lock to the alliance. No matter the name he called me, he always included 'his', for I did now belong to him, entirely. The recent change in the contract made my life much worse.

I slowly removed the brush from my hair, I took my time to admire myself in the large mirror. If only I felt as I looked.

---

I walk over to the king-sized bed in the center of the room.

"Vincenzo," I mutter.

No response.

"Vincenzo."

"What is it, Anastasia?"

"I insist you get out of bed right this instant before you become late."

"You insist do you?" He asks, opening an eye.

"Yes, I do! Now c'mon you mustn't be late."

"Late to what exactly?"

"Breakfast." I sigh, shaking my head.

"What a silly little girl, you are."

"What?"

"How long have you been at this house for?"

"Oh please do not tell me you have forgotten the date of your marriage already."

"If I wish to forget I will."

"Then it's a fine job, that I am here to remind you."

"Well, I suppose if you do remind me, then I shall have to make said marriage much harder on you, love. Just as I promised your sad, sad soul. Not so long ago, as your rightfully mentioned."

"Just get up."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you must have forgotten a word in that sentence."

"Oh, you're right."

"Best you correct yourself."

"Of course, just get up, bastard."

"Aha. You're terribly funny."

"Just get up please?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I asked you nicely?"

"Sweetheart, I run a mafia. Not a daycare. So do remind me, why I should care to be nice to a whore such as yourself."

"A whore, who is also your wife."