Chapter Sixty

It had been a number of weeks since we found out

Vincenzo and I had thought it was best for us to keep it on the down low until we made it into the second trimester.

We had to be sure we didn't get too ahead of ourselves due to the known pregnancy past. 

"Good morning beautiful," Vincenzo mutters opening the bedroom curtains.

It felt good to be back in my own bed after being away for almost a month. 

"How are you feeling?" He asks, approaching the bed and sitting on the edge. 

"Tired," I say with a soft smile on my lips.

"My poor baby," Vincenzo pouts, dragging back the weighted covers draped carelessly over my body.

I roll my eyes, climbing out of the bed and brushing past him.

"What time is it?" I ask, taking my toothbrush out to brush my teeth.

"Almost three in the afternoon."

I gasped, earning a chuckle.

"I thought you were going back to work today?" I ask as Vincenzo appears in the doorway.

"I've been to work, I came home to check on you and now I'm gonna head back out."

"Oh," I frown.

"I won't be too long, I'm sure I can make it up to you." He says, his hands sliding around my waist.

Vincenzo pulls me close to him embracing me in his big arms, I smile being held in his warm embrace. 

"Make sure you eat something okay?" He asks kissing my head. 

"I will," I smile as he pecks my lips before rushing out again.

At times like this I felt so useless, watching everyone continue on with their busy lives while I did nothing productive all day. 

I felt myself wasting away.

I had a baby now and as much as that made me feel wanted and no longer alone, I felt more alone and vulnerable than ever.

Sighing, I turn to the side looking at myself in the mirror. 

I brush my hands over my pajamas, revealing my small yet visible bump.

------

I pulled the duvet back and tucked the corners in placing the pillows neatly in front of the covers.

"Knock, knock mama." I spun around in surprise, a hand pressed to my chest.

"God you scared me, Max."

"How's my baby girl doing?" She asks, holding her arms out to me.

"What are you gonna do when you find out it's a boy?"