Chapter 1 - The begining of everything

3rd POV

"Y/n! Get your ass down here now!"

"Yes sir"

Y/n walks downstairs and once she reaches the last step her face burns as if she was just struck.

"You stupid child, why isn't dinner ready?!"

"It's 9 o'clock sir, dinner was ready at 6"

"Well, I'm back now so go make something!" as Mark hit her and shoved her towards the kitchen

"Yes sir..."

Y/n shuffled to the kitchen quickly in fear of getting beaten again.

Y/n POV

I reheated leftovers from the previous night because it was easier on me which were chicken soup with asparagus.

"HURRY UP YOU SLUT!" Mark hollered from the other room

"Coming sir," I say with a sigh

I made my way to him in the living room just wishing to go to bed because I was still sore from the fight the other night. I set the food down in front of him, careful not to dare look him in the eyes. He slowly looks up from the T.V to the food I've placed in front of him.

"What the hell is this?!" he said with rage on his face.

"Dinner sir," I say with my eyes still glued to the floor

"This was from yesterday, was it not?"

"Yes sir it is"

Next thing I know I'm covered in basically boiling soup, scalding my skin the longer it's on me. Along with getting hit multiple times.

"YOU STUPID GIRL! YOU KNOW TO COOK A NEW MEAL EVERY DAY!"

I fall to the floor begging for him to stop as he continues with the whipping.

"Please...stop, please"

"Not until you've learned your lesson you bitch!" he snarled

After 20 minutes, Mark finally left to buy more beer. I slowly but surely made my way upstairs to my room and laid on my bed silent crying wishing all this to end.

"I wish I was dead it would be so much easier than living this so-called life"

Next morning

*beep beep* *beep beep* "ughhhhh...great another day"

I turn over on my left side and turn my alarm off on my phone while looking at the time *6:15*

"SHIT I'M LATE!"

I jumped out of bed ignoring the pain from the other night, I threw on leggings and a grey hoodie along with throwing my long dark brown hair into a high ponytail.
But not before I quickly look in the cracked broken mirror before heading out the door.

"shit, how am I supposed to cover this up" while looking at the red cuts and yellow-blue bruises on my face in the mirror

I tried to apply makeup to cover it up but failed and gave up (I don't wear makeup). I grab my bag and quickly but quietly run out the door.
I walked to school quietly but my mind wasn't, My head was racing your thoughts on how I'm supposed to keep all this a secret I don't want to deal with the police or anything legal and I already know if a teacher finds out the truth I'm toast.

As I'm freaking out about everything, I'm too busy to notice the dark green and blue with scarlet red flakes clouds forming above me.

"What the hell?" as I lookup