Chapter 45 - a dream is a wish

"Happy birthday, firefly," he smiled, sitting back down next to Mary, letting her arm link into his, leaning on his shoulder as they both examined my face for a reaction.

Slowly, I open the envelope, attentive not to tear it. Pulling out a cream-colored paper, I inspect the writing.
Y/n y/m/n y/l/n born 9:23 am 4/26/2004 has been formally adopted into the Charming family, by David Charming and Mary Margaret Charming on this 14th day of June, the year of 2018.

"What? How?" I look up, feeling a tear fall down my cheek. "We did some digging and discovered that after your mother died, Mark was found unfit to be your guardian. After that, he fled to New York," David uttered softly, as I sat in shock.
"So, you're saying, I've been your LEGAL daughter for the last four years?"
"Yes, we were planning on telling you that night after going to dinner at Granny's, but Mark had other plans," Mary expressed, weaving her hand into Davids. I sat in silence, letting my mind race with explanations. All these years, I had a family, I had a family who loved me. They wanted to save me from the hell that was my everyday life.
"Oh my god," I breathed, still trying to process everything that just happened in the last five minutes.
"Is this not what you wanted? I mean, we did do this without your permission so I'm sure we can find a way to get this altered," Mary said, starting to get worried.
"No, no, this is wonderful. It's what I've wanted since I met you guys. I just can't believe this is real and not a dream this time," I laugh nervously.
"You are our daughter, you always have been, and no paper can prove that enough," David said smiling, making me bail like a baby. "And we're not going to let anything hurt you," Mary spoke, clutching my hand.
"Thank you, for everything," I smile, pulling them into a heartfelt hug, crying on their shoulders. These weren't tears of pain anymore, these were tears of joy and being overwhelmed with love. By now, David and Mary were crying as well, I wanted to preserve this moment forever, it was perfect.

*New york*

"Hey kid, whatcha doing?" Tony asks, coming into Peter's room, as he was drawing in a sketchbook. "Oh, nothing, just drawing a suit idea," Peter uttered as Tony peered over his shoulder. "Looks good, but I don't know if you want to be swinging around town in a skirt," Tony laughs.
"It's not for me, it's for Y/n. Since she is an unofficial official avenger, she needs a suit, right? I got some inspiration from Wanda's new suit," he smiled, showing Tony his sketch.
"Woah, you thought of everything, daggers, pockets, holsters, and is the skirt detachable?" Tony says, impressed.
"Yup!"
"Nice, mind if I hang onto this?" Tony requests, holding the sketch up to face Peter. "Sure, only if I get to help make it," Peter grins, making Tony roll his eyes. "You got it, kid, now get to bed it's late and a school night, I got strict instructions from Aunt May to make sure you don't stay up late," Tony voices halfway out the door, leaning back so Peter could still see his head.
"I know, I know, I will. Goodnight Mr. Stark," Peter smiles.
"Night kid," Tony says, shutting the door behind him.

"How is the kid?" Bucky asks as the hot brown liquid refills his cup. "Seems to be okay," Tony says, discarding Peter's sketchbook down on the kitchen island.
"What's this?" Bucky asks, placing his mug down and pulling the sketchbook towards him.
"Suit design for Y/n," he said, opening the fridge and reaching for a bowl of mixed fruit.
"Looks good. Are you going to make it?" Bucky questions, taking a long sip of his coffee before setting his mug back down.
"I don't know yet, I might," Tony said, taking a bite of a strawberry. Kelly came walking in wearing one of Bucky's grey t-shirts, letting it drape over her body as her hair was in a messy bun on top. "Hope you boys are playing nice," she said, opening the cabinet to grab a mug, pouring some coffee into her own. "I thought you were asleep, Doll," Bucky said, wrapping his hand around Kelly's waist, and kissing her forehead. "Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep," Kelly said, taking a sip of her coffee.
Licking her lips she spoke again, "Now, why are you boys up?" Raising her eyebrow as she took another sip of the hot liquid.
Both men looked at each other not knowing how to answer. Kelly glanced between them and made the connection. "Ah, Avenger issues." She said looking down at her mug, setting it down onto the island.
"If it makes you boys feel any better, Bruce might have figured it out," Kelly smirked, grabbing her coffee and walking back to Bucky's room before both men could react.
"Did she just?" Tony asked, pointing in the direction Kelly just left in.
"I- I don't know," Bucky laughed, bringing his mug up to his lips.
"Guess we'll have to find out, won't we," Tony laughed, "Say, how did you get Kelly to date you out of well, everyone?"
"Wish I knew," Bucky spoke, taking a sip once again from the steaming mug.
"I was starting to think you and Sam were dating at this point," Tony joked.
"I don't know if I should throw up, or kill you for saying that," Bucky said, settling his mug down slowly. "You know what? You hang on to that thought, I'm gonna go see what Banner has got for us before you, uh hulk out," Tony spoke carefully, walking backwards, before he died like his parents.

(So so sorry it's been a while ACTS and SATS have been kicking my butt and I've been on a writers block lately)