Chapter 30 - Coping with uncertainty

Loki's Pov

The days went on, a new woman every night, drinking profusely, not having an interest in the world. No leads about Y/n, those odd keys, or about that damn riddle. My eyes peered onto the connecting balcony, letting the moonlight fall upon the smooth marble, reflecting throughout the room. Then those words ran through my head...

"What you desire golden blossom will soon be dark and covered in autumn?"

"What I desire is Y/n... who brightens up a room like a blossom, and leaves fall in autumn...no, no, no" I swiftly move, throwing the covers off my bare body acknowledging what this could possibly mean.
"GUARDS!" I yell, opening the golden doors to my chamber, only wearing leather trousers, letting the warm air hit my bare torso.
"Yes, your highness?"
"Get Heimdall, ask him about the mortal, and get my horse ready!" I say walking back into my room grabbing a shirt and putting it on.
"Right away your highness, " the guard bows, leaving me with anger filling up my body.
"Now, I have some bastards to talk too" I mumble angrily to myself, as I storm off to the palace prison.

He sat there unbothered, full of himself and what he had done. A feeble grin appeared on his face as he noticed my presence.
"Ah, back so soon?"
"Who do you work for?" as hostility rages through my blood. This bastard was like me, the old Loki, I hated it.
"So you figured it out?" he spoke, getting up from the ground.
"Who paid you?" I say gritting my teeth
"That's a question for daddy," he laughs, making my stomach turn. I knew all father had to do with this, it was just a matter of time.
Storming out of the dungeons, I departed to the throne room for that son of a bitch.

"Did you send Asgardians to Midgard to kill Y/n?!" I yell furiously, to the point where I could kill him right then and there.
"Yes," he simply says, making me outraged. In one swift movement, I pull out my daggers ready to kill this old bastard.
"Why!" I scream
"BECAUSE YOU'RE A PRINCE AND NO MORTAL WILL EVER BE WELCOMED INTO ASGARD!" he yells standing up from that ridiculous throne.
"AND WHAT ABOUT THOR?! HE GOT TO HAVE JANE FOSTER!"
"YOU DON'T THINK I DIDN'T TRY TO HAVE HER ELIMINATED! Don't test me boy" he said through gritted teeth.
"You don't deserve that throne" I spat, fuming out of the throne room and onto my horse.

Avengers pov

"But if we leave now we can get there by tomorrow afternoon!" Stark tried to convince
"We have been at this since this morning, it's already starting to get dark out" strange mumbles frustrated.
"But they don't know that we know that they have a base there" Sam spoke up
"But if we don't go now they'll be gone" nat points out
"Guys-"
"But they don't know what we know, so why would they pack everything up right away if they don't know that we know," Sam says again
"Can we just tape his mouth shut?" bucky asks
"Guys-"
"Hey, that's rude!"
"Well, you don't shut up!"
"Guys stop bickering" Nat tries to say
"GUYS! Shut up and listen!" Wanda yells as the floor starts to shake, things fall off the shelves, glass breaks and a rumbling sound breaks through.
"Well that doesn't seem good" Tony confesses
"Incoming video call from training room" F.R.I.D.A.Y announced
"MR STARK! What's GOING ON?" as Peter tries to stay still as everything is moving and breaking around him like an earthquake.
"I don't know, kid! Just stay where you are!" Tony says then... it stops.

"Hey, are we missing the party?"