Chapter 42-Curiosity makes you weak in the knees

P.S.A. Hey guys sorry it's been a while I've been extremely busy with finals, midterms, etc, and haven't had time to write. Thank you so being so patient. <3

...............................................................................................................................................................

Nestling on the couch, I haul the fur blankets over my body, letting the thick material keep my body warmth in place.

No matter how greatly I wished I could sleep, I couldn't. I was wide awake, just like a firefly in the night. Making the night sky beautiful, wide awake, but small and quiet enough to not get noticed. 

"It's okay, just be quiet," I told myself, carefully getting out of bed, lighting the single candle on the coffee table, and slipping on a pair of Mary's flats that we're by the door. "Okay, the main door squeaks, so that's out of the question. Wait, old castles have secret tunnels right? So I just need to find a secret door, great," I mumble to myself, floating around the sitting room as my left hand holds the golden candle holder. Grazing the wall, my fingers guide me to find anything out of place. I stop at a panel that has a dent near the wood, I bring the flame closer letting the light reveal a dent in the middle of the wood.

"If Reign has taught me anything, it's that you can always rely on wood panels," pushing inwards, but nothing happens. "Shit, not a great start," I say to myself, standing back to admire the panel. Two little bumps stood out on the panel, one near the floor and one on the top, almost as if they were- "No freaking way,". Pushing the bump near the ground, a small click came out, as did the one on the top of the panel. "Okay, let's hope you can redeem yourself," Pushing inwards again, making the panel open into a long cold stone tunnel.

"And people say you can't learn stuff from T.V", laughing to myself, before taking a step into the stone tunnel.

Quickly shutting the panel behind me, I raised the candle holder before me so I didn't well, yeah know, fall on my face. Cobwebs and dirt were all the tunnel held. Everything was concealed by darkness, a cool draft blows my nightgown against my legs, making me shiver. I kept walking until the tunnel came to a small set of stairs. The tunnel was coming to an end, a small light flickered from the footing of the door.

The door was assembled out of lumber, with a small metal latch, keeping it closed.

Carefully unlocking the door and sneaking into an enchanting library, it was small but magical. Books covered the room from floor to ceiling, an attached ladder, a small sofa and matching chair, and a small coffee table. A small gasp escaped my lips, taking it all in. The room was the size of a small study. I could not help but bring my candle to the closest shelf of books admiring the old titles and covers, reading titles I had never heard before, letting my fingers grace the spines.

"You shouldn't be here," A deep threatening voice spoke, freezing my body in place, causing my eyes to go wide, motionless facing the books. "I'm sorry, I-"

"Silence, surely the woman who dares to sneak into my private studies has the arrogance to show her face? Am I wrong?" he spoke again, making chills run down my spine. His voice was cold and heartless, dominating.

I slowly turn, staring at the floor, causing the flame in my hand to move gently, as if it was just a simple gust in the wind. My whole body felt vulnerable in front of this man, I kept my head down while frozen with anxiety. "Head up!" he said harshly, my eyes observed his boots. Leather, Asgardian black leather I'm assuming, gold ankle cuffs placed at the bottom of his trousers. Gradually lifting my head, that cold, dominating voice went speechless.

"LOKI! What? How did you-" I say, getting completely cut off by his lips, those amazing demanding lips that causes time to disappear. His hands took me as if I fell, one behind my neck with some fingers in my hair and the other at my waist, supporting me. Our tongues danced together, it was hard and pure lust...I think at least, not love, right? As we broke away from our kiss, we were panting and gasping for air, I didn't even notice Loki blew out the candle, and it had fallen to the ground. "How did you know I was here? Did David tell you?" I ask, trying to collect my thoughts after that mind-blowing kiss, that made my knees weak.

"Who's David? And I didn't, I came back looking for something," he said panting. "Uh Frandal, sorry I know him as David," fiddling with my cuffs.

"So, that's what he meant by that lady being his personal maid, 'cause it was you," he stated, walking back and forth.

"Wait, personal maid? like- oh ew! God no! Yuck," I say, squirming at the thought, with Loki laughing in the background.

"Good, cause your mine," he smirks in his devilish way. Before I could speak, my back was against the bookshelf, his lips on mine, his hands roamed my body, proceeding over every curve and roll. His mouth left my lips and went for my neck and collarbone, my weak spot.

"Oh, god," I groaned quietly, closing my eyes and moving my head to the side in pleasure. He moved his hand behind my neck, pulling my hair out of the way, so he had better access. I felt his nose grace the tip of my ear, "Don't stop darling, I like hearing how I make you feel," he whispers, feeling his breath against my ear, I can sense him smirking as a shiver runs down my spine.

He pulls back as I open my eyes, I stare longly into his face wondering if we're going further.

I decide to take control and try to take off his shirt before his hands stop me on his chest, letting me feel his heartbeat. I looked up with confusion, but his eyes only showed concern.

"Are you certain you want to go forward?" he asks gently, looking for an answer. I frown and attempt to unbutton his shirt again when he intercepts me again, but seizing my hands this time, forcing me to stop.

"Y/n, I need words, I need to be certain you're okay with this, and that this is what you want," he says, grabbing my face.

"Yes, I want this. I want you, Loki," I smile, making him grin and kiss me harder than before, lifting my entire body around his.

Avengers pov

"So you're saying they're back? I thought we took them down, I mean I knew a few still supported, like Mark Y/l/n and that Lily chick, but other than that," Nat said, pouring a cup of tea for Buck, letting steam roll off the mug in front of her. "Didn't we all," Sam says pulling a stool out to sit on.

"Well, we got a lovely letter from them," Bucky says, pulling the plastic baggy out of his pocket, setting it on the cool granite countertop. "Oh fun, I'm sure Banner and Stark will like that," Nat jokes.

*Medbay*

"Dude!"

"DUDE!"

"You flew in a car!"

"I flew in a car!"

"That's so cool, wish I could do that," Ned said, plopping down on one of the medbay couches, daydreaming.

"Is he going to be okay Dr. Banner?" MJ asks, worriedly chewing on her nails. "He's going to be just fine, MJ, nothing to worry about. Just a few bruised ribs and a few cuts, nothing rest, a band-aid or two, and an ice pack can't fix," He said smiling, applying bandages to Peter's face and arms.

"Okay, good," She smiled, blushing causing Peter to smile and blush as well.

"WAIT! Mr. Banner- I mean Dr. Banner, are we allowed to use the movie room?!" Ned jumps up excitedly and asks. "I don't see why not, just don't make a mess," Banner laughed.

"RISE OF SKYWALKER!" Both Ned and Peter yelled in unison, making MJ laugh.

"Oh crap, I should go, Garry says if I'm late to my shift again I'm going to have to wash the doughnut machines," MJ said looking at her watch.

"Oh, Okay. Is it just you working tonight?" Peter asked.

"No, I think it's Jackie, Sam, and I tonight," She answers, "Oh. Is Sam a guy?" Peter asks, awkwardly.

"HAHA no, Garry just hired them, I think they said they're a freshmen at Barnard," MJ laughs, knowing Peter was a little jealous. "So, not a guy?" He asks. "Peter, They are non-binary, they use they/them pronouns, I got to go or I'm going to be late," MJ quickly says, kissing Peter on the cheek before heading out of medbay.

"AWEEEE is somebody jealous?" Ned laughs making Peter squirm, "What! No, I was just curious, that's all. Are we all good?" He said looking at Bruce, as he nodded. Hopping off the table, Ned followed Peter out towards the movie room.

"SO YOU ARE! HA!"