Chapter 11 - The video

Steve's POV

We couldn't get Y/n's attention for a concerning amount of time even after we tried shaking her, Natasha yelled for me to go find Loki or Wanda since nothing was working, I was running up and down the halls till I realized there was a must easier and better solution.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y! Alert Wanda and Loki to meet me outside of the secondary lab as soon as possible and tell them it's urgent!"

"Right away Mr. Rogers"

"And F.R.I.D.A.Y get Banner too"

"Of course sir"

We've only known this girl for a few days but she has already shown that she didn't have a family or a family environment before and when we went to that flower field that day, saving her once we got there, we gave her what she needed. People who she can rely on. Most of us already know she isn't going to be able to go back where she was before, she needs people who she can trust and care for her when she needs it, especially when we tell her that she possibly has abilities. "Oh Joy that's going to be fun"

"Steve, I got your alert, what's wrong with Y/n?" Wanda asks running up to me while I was in my thoughts as I was Pacing outside of the corridor

"She's frozen"

"What? How? It's not even cold in here"

"Menticforally Wanda, Nat, and I spent a good 8 minutes trying to get Y/n out of some kind of trance and only you and Loki can read minds"

"So you want me to read her mind to see what the hell is going on and get her back to normal... right?"

"Basically... and add to her case file to see what has happened to her"

"STEVEN ROGERS! That's so invasive!"

"Says the women who put Tony, Nat, Bruce, Thor, and I into a mind control trance back when you and Pietro were buddies with Ultron and tried to kill us in 2015," crossing my arms

".......let's not talk about that...and to be fair we were just after Stark," Wanda says walking into the lab room

I followed behind, mentally on edge but trying not to let other people be aware of it, our job as Avengers is to save and protect people, the innocent, the young, the old, anyone who could be in danger. Y/n is a mystery at the moment and we need to hope she won't be a danger to anyone or anything.....

Wanda POV

Walking into the clean white room I spotted Y/n, knees up to her chest staring down at the cotton sheets in front of her, her face showing no emotion, along with Nat standing off to the side concerned. Carefully walking over to Y/n lifting her chin slightly to meet her y/e/c eyes while softly sitting down at the end of the bed where she laid upon.
"Y/n?"
*Silence*
I moved my hand slightly letting the red mist flow from my hand to around Y/n's head so that I could read her.
As I entered her mind, I saw pain and a lot of it, images of a man beating her, yelling, walking the school halls alone and quiet with a pile of books in her hands, Stark and S.H.E.I.L.D's logins, being alone, crying, the flower field, a coding program, and that light beam...like the one *gasp*
"Bring me the photos and video from the case back in November" I urged

I'm assuming Nat, walked quickly to grab the tablet off of the white marbled counter to pull up the case file.
"Here's the video," Nat said as she holds the tablet out to me
"Can you zoom in or see if there's any footage that was closer up?" I asked to hope that what I assumed was true
"I found security footage from a nearby traffic pole on Mayview Drive NE around the time that light beam hit an.... Oh my god" Nat said standing there in shock as she saw the footage
"Can I see?.... that looks" Steve said walking up behind Nat
"A person...a girl," Nat says finishing Steve's sentence
"May I?" I say gesturing towards the tablet
Nat nods while handing the tablet to me, I watch the video, and what I saw before me was Y/n seemly walking with her backpack, wearing a grey hoodie and black leggings while looking distressed as the sky above her formed into dark blue-green clouds with red flakes a few more seconds of her walking when she notices and looks up and in a matter of moments that exact beam that I foresaw in Y/n's mind struck her, making her fly back. It was her that day, that day when we thought it was one of Stark's suits that exploded but it wasn't! Everything was exact, the same view, the same clothes, the same time and place.
I look up to meet the eyes of Nat and Steve, and I say calmly while Turning my head in Y/n's direction.
"It's her, it's Y/n..."