Chapter 21 - Oh you've got to be kidding me

Y/n POV

My eyes gradually opened, the stench of mildew and musty filled the air, it was cold and dark with a single light bulb above me that would move when a draft came through.

"Wh- where am I?" As my vision hazes in and out.

"Ah, good your awake," says a voice

"Who's there?"

"We've been waiting for you" the owner of the voice spoke, stepping forward into the dim light.

He was short with glasses, not much hair, and wearing a white lab coat with some kind of symbol that I couldn't fully see.

"Who are you?"

"I am Zola, so lovely to meet you" he smiles with an evil smirk, making his lab coat show more revealing an octopus.

"Oh my god," I say stunned, HYDRA took me! That son of a bitch took me! Trying to move and get free I notice that I'm strapped to a half-up metal table with belts on both my hands and feet.

"You won't be able to get out dear, funny you think that though" he laughed

"You bastard!" I spat

"I wouldn't do that my dear, you'll need as much strength as possible. But in the meantime, Ms. Lavender will take over now" he says turning away

"Excuse me, who?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Ms. Lily for you since that's who you know her as." He said walking out of the room

"What!" I yell confused, there's no way he meant Lily, it's probably a different Lily.

But I was wrong, that same woman I looked to for help, guidance, and security was standing right in front of me, wearing a HYDRA lab coat, her hair up in a bun with black heels and a black dress.

"Lily?"

"Lavender actually, Lillian was my alias" she snickered, she was a completely different person, all those years....wasted.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask in disbelief

"Well, you've never been a problem for HYDRA since we've always had eyes on you. But since you've been with the Avengers, we decide to take back what was ours." She said walking over to a small metal table filled with medical supplies.

"What exactly are you going to do to me?" I say trying to keep my guard up.

"Whatever I want dear..... whatever I want" she laughed but not a genuinely funny laugh... a threatening laugh.

Tony's POV

"Hey, Banner, you said you got an update for me about Y/n?"

"Huh? Oh! Yes," He says, putting his glasses down and walking over to the DNA sequencer.

"Oooh, what have we got here?" I say looking over Banner's shoulder

"Well, if look here you can see some similarities between Y/n DNA and-"

"Caps," I say finishing his sentence

"Precisely, "

"She's not a super-soldier is she?" I ask

"No, but some of her abilities are similar yes,"

"So the only other option is that ultraviolet rays from the beam did this,"

"Umm, I don't actually know...but! In this strand, it was ATCTGCA but now it's CTAGATA"

"What? It should be UAGACGA not whatever that is!" I say loudly in confusion