Chapter 44 - Battle wish⚠️

(Hello all, sorry it's been a bit I haven't had time to write and I've been trying to keep up with school. Now enjoy)

⚠️Tw: talk of blood, wounds, and death

20 minutes, 20 silent gut-wrenching minutes. The air was thick with tension, everyone sat silently in the jet. Bruce wanted to stay behind but Tony convinced him to come in case of a code green even though it was a code orange at the moment. He would stay on the jet and monitor everything from a safe distance, but he still sat twiddling his fingers letting his anxiety control him. Nat sat with the "widow look", a stone-cold glare of getting in and out, and getting the job done, Steve stood next to her lost in thoughts of his own, staring out into the late afternoon sky as Tony flew the jet.

"Hope Fury is fine with us landing on the roof," Tony said, easing down the controls and pushing a few buttons. Everyone sat up ready for instructions, "Banner, hack into the security system-"
"Already did that, here" Tony spoke up, handing Bruce the Ipad. "locate Fury and notify Nat when you do, she'll bring him back to the jet. Wanda, Vision, Stark-"
"Kick some ass, got it," Tony says, cutting him off. Before Steve could say anything else, Tony opened the hatch, put his suit on, and flew out. "Comms working?" Steve asks, turning towards Bruce, giving a thumbs up.
"Alright, let's go then," Nat says standing up, walking out of the jet with everyone else following behind.

Bright red, almost a neon orange goo laid in splatters on the ground and on the fallen bodies of a few civilians that were injured. "Wanda, Vision, get them to safety and get Kelly on the line if they need medical attention right away," Steve instructed.

"You guys are going to be okay, we're here to help," Steve spoke softly to a young man and woman who had been injured but wasnt life-threatening. A little boy and his mom lay nearby, the mother lay unconscious, bleeding and the little boy who could be no more than 6, sat crying next to his mother cradling a little toddler-size backpack.
"Hey, hey sweety it's okay, we're going to help your mom," Nat smiled, attempting to comfort the scared child. "Banner, get Kelly on the phone, tell her to send EMS down here asap!"
"Wanda and Vision are putting all the injured civilians near the cafe on 17th," Bruce spoke over comms.

"Buck? Bucky, can you read me?" Wanda spoke, worriness in her voice showed. "Give- Me- aagh!" Bucky said over comms, taking out an alien. "Do you happen to have a twin? Or say a clone?" Wanda spoke again because what stood before her was an exact replica of Bucky, the only difference was all his limbs were metal and he had a number at the base of his neck, B3T7.
"Why?"
"Because there seems to be an exact replica of Mr. Barnes here that is 80% metal," Tony butt in, flying over Wanda.
"Oh joy, that sounds fun, while you boys have fun with that, I'm getting Fury to the jet BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY DOING MY JOB!" Nat yelled into comms, making Tony roll his eyes.
"Yeah, yeah, we hear you, let me just- oops how did a tracker get on Barnes clone, oh well," Tony smiled from his suit, being the devilish playboy he is.

Fighting continued, blood spilled, the orange goo spilled, people were injured and killed, a fire raged, and worst of all, Sam found out Starbucks got rid of his favorite drink. He went on a rampage killing things, luckily he was just obliterating the aliens....and a few plants. Kelly arrived on scene and proceeded to the jet to assist Fury, who was in the line of fire and blasted against a wall or two.
"You guy's doing alright out there?" Kelly spoke after Bruce passed her an earpiece.
"Just peachy, Kelly, just peachy!" Tony said sarcastically, "Well, you might as well hire me Stark, I am here more than the hospital," Kelly laughed as she was applying tension on Fury's wounds. "Hey babe, you holding up?" Kelly questioned.
"I'm just fine doll, if I need fixing I know who to go to," Bucky chuckled.
"Babe? WAIT, HOLD UP ARE YOU TWO DATING?!" Sam freaked out into comms, "Awe, is somebody sad Kelly is dating your boyfriend," Tony joked, knowing full well that would infuriate him.

"We wanted to wait and tell you guys, but yes, we are. And if you have a problem with that, I'm sure Natasha will gladly get you boys back in line,"  Kelly stated.
"Oh, congrats," Steve expressed.
"I can do it right now Kell. I need something other than these damn aliens to punch," causing all the men's eyes to enlarge with fear. Reaching over, Fury seizes Kelly's earpiece and exclaims, "I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO, JUST KILL THOSE DAMN THINGS!"
"Yeah, yeah, we know," Tony scoffed, basting a few more aliens from the sky.

*Asgard*
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY," David and Mary expressed at the same time.
"AH," I shrieked, forcing me to tumble off the sofa, letting the hardwood mark my knees. "Oh my gosh, let me help you," Mary said, passing David the plate she had been holding. "It's okay, Mary, I just did not anticipate this," I laughed, gradually getting up as my legs were about to fail on me from earlier this morning.

After soothing down back onto the couch, David comes over, settling the plate he had been holding, onto my lap. Pancakes, decorated with whip cream, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sauce, and two candles, the numbers 1 and 8 on top.
"Wow, that's a lot of sugar," I chuckle, examining the mountain of sugar before me. "Well, it's your day," David grinned, sitting across from me.
"Oh! I forgot the matches," Mary began to voice before cutting her off, "No need, I want to do it," I say, closing my eyes visualizing the candles lit. "Make your wish," Mary voiced softly.

My wish was different this year, I have consistently had the same wish, to be saved from this hell. This year I wished to be happy and find my purpose. Which I considered I already did. I blew out the candles, letting the small smoke be released into the air.
"So, what did you wish for?" David asked, quickly getting jabbed in the rips by Mary, "You can't ask that! then it won't come true!".
"I believe my wish was already true, but I just had to make sure. Now, where are the forks?" I grinned, clasping my hands together.
"Before that, we have two things we would like to tell you," David stated calmly. "Okay? should I be scared?" I asked, hoping this was a prank. "Well, since it is your birthday, it is a tradition for higher-class citizens to throw a ball for their birthday. So, surprise! You have a birthday ball this evening at 8 pm," Mary blurted out, throwing the unexpected news upon me.
"Oh, umm okay, cool I supose. And the 2nd thing?" I say, predicting bad news, as David got up and sauntered over to the opaque oak coffee table, pulling the drawer out, seizing a large fair envelope, handing it to me.

"Happy birthday, firefly," he smiled, sitting back down next to Mary, letting her arm link into his, leaning on his shoulder as they both examined my face for a reaction.