Chapter 20 - Interrogate

Loki's POV

I felt a tug on my cape, almost like a child pulling. I turn to investigate and see Y/n on the ground, knees up to her chest, body trembling, hands up to her throat, making small gasps for air.
Without thinking, I pick her up and move. Once in the hallway, I teleported us outside the compound, she collapsed to the ground, letting the flourishing grass catch her.

Y/n POV

Need to be Free. Can't Breath. With the six words running through my head, I grabbed and began taking my shirt off, my shoes, socks, leggings, everything. I felt suffocated.
"Y/n! Oh my gods," Loki said, rushing over, surrendering his cloak and throwing it over me
" I-I couldn't breathe, nothing felt real, I'm sorry," I say, trying to catch my breath, leaning into Loki's shoulder.
"Shh, it's okay," he says, just holding me, and that helped so much, breathing in his cologne which smelled like spicy cinnamon musk with a hint of sweetness.
After a few minutes of silence, I turn and look up at him
"You didn't look did you?" I question, hiding a laugh
"Darling, I may be spiteful at times, but I am always a gentleman," he says giving a refreshing smiling
"Can we go back? I want to see him" I sigh
"Are you sure, cause that was a huge anxiety attack, darling, you should rest"
"Yes I'm positive, I'm ready" giving him a reassuring nod
"Can you do your little magic thing and like bring us back to the interrogation room but like when I still dressed," I laughed
"Of course, I also blocked all of Starks cameras, so no one noticed you,"

Taking my hand, interweaving our fingers together, we appeared back in front of the room. The hallway was dull, the only source of light was about 5 feet away, other than that, the hallway was dim.
"Y/n?"
I turned, and something took over me, and I pressed my lips against him, pausing, not realizing what was going on, but then kissed me back lightly but passionately, making my knees go weak. He tilts my head, abandoning my lips and carrying our kiss down to my neck intensely, causing me to gasp and let out a small moan from the pleasure.
"Oh my, I reckon gods really do kiss like gods,"

We were so in the moment, we didn't even hear the creaking door open,
"Hey, have- oh, um nevermind,"
"NAT! I was on my way back, I uh just needed a minute to um breathe," I say, catching my breath, blushing trying to cover the embarrassment of her walking in on us.
"Mhm, totally," she winked before stepping back into the interrogation room.
"Wait Nat! oh my gosh, I can not believe that just happened," shielding my face with my hands from being flustered.
"We should probably go back in there," Loki says, chuckling a bit but trying to hide it.
"You don't say"

Walking back in, I was pounded with questions.
"My god y/n there you are!"
"where were you?"
"Are you okay?"
"I told you guys bringing her into this was a bad idea,"

Taking a deep breath, I recoup my thoughts and answer,
"Guys, I'm fine. I just needed some air"
"Okay, she's fine, see. Loki, switch to normal clothes and get in there, Romanoff you're on standby, Y/n, you and bird brain just stand in the corner" Fury commanded
"But-"
"Stand. In. the. Corner. And don't make a sound, don't make me regret having you in here"
Not wanting to start an argument, I do as I'm told. Everyone was in their places, hell was about to break loose and everyone knew it.

3rd POV

"So, Mark, we discovered a crate in your apartment," Loki asked sitting down across the table
"Do y'all got beer?"
"Why did the crate have the HYDRA symbol?"
*Silence*
"You know we have ways to get you to talk,"
"Oh, I bet you do," Mark laughed
"I see here that you've lived in Belgium, is that true?" Loki said looking at the paper file that was in his hand.
"No."
"Interesting cause it states that you've lived in Belgium from 1982 to 1991, including that you worked for HYDRA before coming to the states," setting the file down
"Is that it?"
"You moved back to new york in 1992 and then married Whitney Y/L/N in 1998,"
*Silence*
"Who is Whitney, Mark?"
"don't talk about her," he muttered quietly
"What was that?" Loki leaned in
"Do not talk about her,"
"why?"
"CAUSE SHE WAS MURDERED COLD BLOOD IN FRONT OF MY EYES BECAUSE OF Y/N!"
Shocked. Y/n stumbled back in dismay at what Mark just stated,
"Did he just-"
"Zip it" Fury stated, shushing Sam

"Why do you say that?"Loki asks, still interrogating Mark
"Because she was a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, my mission was to get close and take out Peggy Carter. When I didn't accomplish my mission, they sent the winter soldier after me."
"And they took your wife out instead?"
"Yes..." Mark said grimly, staring at the floor.
"You know, dishonesty gets you nowhere," Loki says, gradually walking back and forth in front of the black-stained wooden table.
"I TOLD YOU THE TRUTH!" Mark shouts sharply
"DID YOU? Or did you hide the fact that you were forced to kill her? Henceforth why you treated Y/n the way you did because you couldn't withstand looking at her face?" as Loki settles his hands on the table, trying to intimidate Mark.
*Silence*
"TELL ME!" hurling his palms down
"Too bad you only have half a Maximoff, it would be such a pity if something happened to the other one" Mark smiles, evilly.
"You're missing the point Mark Y/L/N,"
"Am I? You know every HYDRA agent gets a tracker on them, and that whore over there behind the glass has one with her name on it," as he stares straight through the glass.
"Like that would occur,"
"HYDRA is closer than ever.....Loki, son of Odin,"

In a blink of an eye, Loki flips over the table, causing papers to fly everywhere. Hauling out his daggers, and settles one up to Mark's throat, unhesitant to kill him.
"I suggest you choose your next words wisely," slightly piercing Mark's skin.
"If you want answers I'd go to the place where it all began, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if that slut died with you idiots," Mark scoffed.

That was the breaking point for Y/n, you could see it. She was fuming with anger, her fists clenched so hard you could see the pain in her face as her nails dug into her skin. Soon, a dark blue-green mist began flowing from her hands which crumbled the wall, which once stood in between Mark and Loki and the rest of us.

"You bastard!" Y/n shouted, running and grasping the collar of Mark's shirt, shoving him and the chair he was handcuffed to, on the ground.
"I should have killed you when I had the chance!" Mark spat
"You ruined my life! I was always nice to you and did everything for you, and all you did was treat me like shit!" Y/n yelled with tears beginning to fall from her face.
"Y/n stop!" Loki said, trying to pull Y/n away
"I was his daughter! He was supposed to take care of me! not the other way around! I was abandoned to fend for myself when he would go off drinking!" Y/n yells, tightening her grip on Mark's collar
"Guess we're going to hell together then" Mark smiles then hits a hidden button on his wrist

Darkness struck. The clean air was no more. Smoke and flames surrounded us, Mark and our solitary evidence were gone, but at least he was gone for good.
"Is *cough, cough* Everyone, okay?"
"Yeah, we just got hit with a bomb. We're totally fine...ARE YOU CRAZY?!"
"Where are you *cough* guys?"
"Y/n? Fury? Sam? Loki?" Nat shouted into the smoke as ash and coble portrayed on her face and in her hair.
"Over here!" Sam yelled coughing
"I got Sam," Fury yelled
"Loki? Y/n?"
"I'm here Nat, but I don't know where Y/n is, she just was- uh oh," Loki said, distressed while covered in ash
"UH OH? what's Uh oh? uhh oh isn't good people!" Fury responded as the four of them gathered together.
"Uhh, guys?"
"What now Sam?"
"Look," Sam said, pointing to the ground where handcuffs laid with no body attached.
"I've been in too many bombs," Fury groaned and softly whispered to himself.
"Okay, maybe Uh Oh is right," Nat said, making eye contact with Loki, Fury, and Sam.
"This isn't good, is it?" Sam questions
"Not in the slightest bit,"