Chapter 40 -Directions? Meh

⚠️tw⚠️ - flashback of abuse, Needles, kidnapping

Y/n pov

"Y/n, listen and do EXACTLY as I say," David announced strongly.
"What, why?" I laughed, attempting to turn around before he stopped me.
"Don't. Now listen, you are going to walk behind me to the end of the hall, take a right keep, walking till you notice a fountain covered with markings. Take a left and go through the massive silver doors,"
"But-" I try to speak, but get cut off.
"Do not hesitate or wonder. Speak to no one, till you get through those doors, when you do someone will answer the door, just say I'm here to see Rosie snow" he said sternly, keeping his eyes by mine but not looking at me.
"David, what's-"
"Go. Now, and Y/n whatever you do, do not turn around," he said, whispering harshly.

Taking his answer, I nod and begin to step away, obeying the given directions. Head held high, allowing gusts of wind to play my skirt gracefully, as I sauntered down the halls.
Merely passing a servant or two, they both stepped off to the side and bowed, assuming I was a noble with the way I was dressed and how I "knew" where I was going. The floor was a stunning black and white checkered marble, which seemed to bring a different light to the halls. Since most of the palace was gold and stone.

There it was. Two enormous stone doors, decorated with carvings and ivy, covering small amounts of gold throughout the stone. Feeling like a small mouse, I reach for the gold circular door knocker, embellished with a single sapphire, giving it two harsh taps.

Silence.

That long silence made my confidence shrink to the size of an ant, making me doubt everything I know. About to try again, a long creak rang out. The right door opened a crack, enough to let a lady get a full view of me and me of her.
"Do you need something?" she spoke coldly.
"Yes, I'm here to see Rosie Snow, Da- Fandral sent me," I say with a straight face, not letting this cold bitch intimate me.
Looking at me from head to toe with a disgusted look, she eventually nodded, opening the door further, letting me in.

"Wait here," she said, leaving me alone in what I assume is a living quarters. Of course, gold covered the walls and the edges of some fancy-ass sofas! A light blue antique rug on the floor brought the room together, making it...comfortable, and not crazy luxurious like the rest of the palace.
My eyes went to a few picture frames on a small coffee table, one of a dog, another of two people kissing, and the last one almost familiar.

I squint to try and get a decent view without striding, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Slowly, I pick up the frame gently, examining the woodwork, letting my finger drift over each imprint. The image locked in the frame was me, well not me but a drawing I made, the day in the forest when Mark found me again. The fear I felt when he stood behind me clasping onto my neck, dropping my pencil, trying to cry out for David when he went back to grab the pencil case that I had forgotten in the truck.
I never learned what happened after that, teardrops fell onto the glass, I was misplaced in my thoughts.

"Y/n?" a voice spoke, the same sweet, comforting voice that loved and cared for me. I turn and see her face, she hasn't aged a day, the picture frame plummets to the floor making glass shatter onto the beautiful antique carpet.
"Mary? Oh my God," I cry, fleeing into her arms like a toddler seeing their mother after daycare. Tears fell from my face onto her shoulder, I hadn't noticed she was crying too until we pulled back.
"My God, you've grown," putting both her hands on my cheeks wiping away a tear or two.
I laugh, knowing she was extremely correct since I was legally about to be an adult tomorrow. "I've missed you guys," I say, hugging her again. "And we've missed you".

Avengers pov

"HOLD STILL, YOU ASS! It'll hurt less if you hold still!" Wanda yells, trying to hold Pietro down so Bruce can get the I.V in.
"I DON'T DO NEEDLES!" Pietro shouts back, resisting.
"It's just for a second, technically the IV is just a tiny tube, see?" Bruce explains, showing Pietro.
"Look, puppy!" Sam points. "Ooh where?!" Pietro quickly looks in the direction Sam is pointing.
"And...done! See that wasn't that bad now was it?" Wanda smiles proudly. "No..." Pietro mumbles, Wanda grins hearing his reply.
"Alright, so we're going to hydrate you and in the meantime, you get to eat a bunch of high-calorie stuff" Bruce smiles, writing some stuff down on paper. "Hell yeah! I'm ordering doughnuts!" Sam says, fetching his phone out. "Wait- FRIDAY order us 3 dozen doughnuts from Krispy Kreme! Oh and put it on Tony's card!" Sam laughs, loving his new idea.

In the gardens....

"Anything over there?" Nat yells, taking the ground while Tony and Vision take the skies.
"Unfortunately not, Ms. Romanoff" Vision announces, landing at Natasha's feet. "Maybe she scampered off to get away from you guys," Tony laughs, landing. Only to achieve a death glare from Nat, "Hey, I cope with humor, you know this," making Nat roll her eyes.
"Look, aren't those shoes from the training room?" Nat points out, walking over to the tennis shoes laying at the side of the newly constructed pond. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, display current heat signatures," Tony instructs, drifting back into the atmosphere to get a better view.
"Scanning, ...Negative," FRIDAY announced.
"Fuck" Tony mutters under his breath. "I do believe this is better than nothing," Vision smiles. "I supposed-" Nat mumbles, getting cut off.
"No! This is nothing! We have nothing, and I lost the damn kid! Again!" Tony shouts, frustrated with everything.
"She's off-world," Vision says, kneeling, observing the ground.
"How-"
"The imprints, it's identical to Thor or Loki when they arrive or leave any of the realms, and Mr. Stark was complaining about the law imprints again," Vision grinned at his "joke".
"OKAY! To be fair that man, God, or whatever he is, has no concern for law maintenance!" Tony defends.
"He did mention before he left Earth that he was going to visit Jane," Nat adds.
"FRIDAY, bringing up Jane Foster's address," Tony asks.
"Jane Foster lives at 267 harper apartments, London, England."
"Welp! Pack your bags! We're going to London" Tony laughs, clasping his hands together.

💚Hey guys, happy holidays! I'm still going to try to write during the holidays, I do not know if I will be posting though. I hope everyone has a happy holiday and a wonderful new year.

P.s: Spider-Man no way home is awesome, PLEASE GO SEE IT! I cried 💚

P.S.A- Spider-Man No way home is Jake Gyllenhaal's fault and he need to return the damn scarf! 🧣💚💚