Chapter 19 ⚠️tw⚠️ - Training the newbie

3rd POV

"Oh look who finally showed up!" Tony says, mid-lifting a weight.
"We thought you got lost" Sam laughed
"Yeah, sorry I'm late I got lost, and SOME PEOPLE don't know how to knock!" Y/n said, scowling at Steve and Bucky
"Well, uh you looked remarkable," Bucky smirked, awkwardly while Steve slammed his palm on his forehead.
"F.R.I.D.A.Y said you guys have special shoes for me to wear?" Y/n asks
"Yeah, they're over there" Tonty points to a stack of lockers.
"Do we want to know what happened?" Nat questioned before taking a sip of her water bottle
"NO!" Bucky and Steve spoke at the same time in panic
"These two bozos walked in on me naked!" Y/n yells as she walks over to the shoe lockers to grab her size.
"How were we supposed to know!" Bucky replied in defense
"I WAS TAKING A SHOWER, AND NORMAL PEOPLE KNOCK BEFORE WALKING INTO A ROOM!" Y/n yells unsettlingly
"Hey! It was a mistake and if you're going to be one of us you better treat everyone with respect!" Steve said walking up to Y/n.
Y/n was hurt and angry, she can't believe Steve said that, She knows he has trust issues with new people, but that hurt...probably a lot more than it should have.
"Woah, Woah, let's relax a bit. Y/n go warm up with Parker over there," Nat said, pointing to the boy in the corner of the room on light sky-blue mats.
"Fine,"

Y/n Pov
"H-Hey, I'm Peter," the boy said, reaching his hand out
"Y/n, what are we starting with?" I say after shaking Peter's hand
"Stretches, planks, curl-ups, squats, climbers, push-ups, and a mile."
"Holy shit!" I say in shock
"HEY, LANGUAGE!" Steve yells from across the room
"Mr. Rogers doesn't like anyone cussing, especially the little ones, which are us," Peter whispers to me mid-stretching.
"Ah, got it. But, seriously, that's a lot just for a warm-up," I say, stretching as well.
"Welcome to the team newbie, and since your new, you're going to be working out a lot more than us at the moment,"
"Did I mention I'm not very athletic?" I say, trying to crack a joke
"Get used to it newbie" Peter laughs before starting jumping jacks

I lied. I was a bit athletic, but it got to the point where I would only work out and sleep. Eating disorders can either hit you like a truck or just weigh you down over time. You can't control your life, so you try to control something you can, and that something for me was food.
I was scared. I've been doing so good lately. What if something like this triggered it again but made it worse?

"Anyone seen Loki, Sam, and Fury?" Clint says, walking in
"Hold up! Fury is here?!" Tony shouts, startled.
"Yeah, he's here because of m- our guest," Clint reworded as soon as he saw me.
"You guys can say his name ya know, as long as he's locked up, I'm fine," I say, finishing warming up
"Okay then, well, we're having a hard time getting answers out of him,"
"How long have you guys been questioning him?" I asked, walking up to Clint, Nat, and Tony
"Uh since he came in last night," Clint said, shocked
"You found the HYDRA box?"
"Yes, how did-"
"Found it when I was 12 looking for a space to hide my spare money, So I guess that you guys have been asking him about HYDRA, that won't break him."
"So what do we do?" Tony said, turning to me crossing his arms
I stood there quietly, trying to remember anything that would surprise him, then it hit me.
"My mom."
"I'm sorry what?"
"My mom, it would startle him and get him off balance, be more likely to spill something."
"That's actually not a bad idea," Tony said considering it.
"He met her after he was in HYDRA, so if he does talk about her he'll most likely say something about how he was after."
"How did-"
"I was bored and asked FRIDAY for his case file" I shrugged
"Okay little spy, Nat I guess we have a mini you" Clint laughs
"I guess we do," Nat says patting me in the back
"One more thing," I say before they turn to leave
"Yeah?"
"I want to go, I want answers"
"I don't-" Clint starts to say before Nat cuts him off by putting her hand on his shoulder
"Are you sure?"
I take a breath, considering if I should do this.
"No, I need to do this, I need answers and he needs to rot in jail." Nodding my head I follow all three of them out.
"Hey! We're not done yet! We still have to run the mile!" Peter yells as we walkout
"I'll do it later!" I yell back, heaven knows I'm going to need to punch something later.

Clint led us to a room, glass on one side, a table, and him on the other.
"You think Fury is going to crack him?" Sam asks as he stands with Loki, at a good distance of course.
"I don't- Y/n! what are you doing here?" Loki turned, startled to see me.
"What? Y/n isn't here- ooh, hi"
"Has he said a word yet?" Nat asks, shifting towards the glass.
"Yes, but only if you count 'you got beer?"
I rolled my eyes at that statement, to keep my eyes off of him I kept my attention around the room we were in. There it was. The giant cargo box, with the HYDRA symbol on it. It still looks the same as it did years ago.

"Call Fury back, we think we know how to break him" Tony requests, and with that, Sam nods and steps out and then reappears behind the door beyond the glass, making eye contact with Fury and gesturing his head outward. Giving a slight nod, Fury scowls at Mark then walks out of the room and into the room we were all in.
"Why did you pull me- what's she doing here?!" Fury starts to say, then notices me, his face went from annoyance to confusion and 'are you crazy' face.
As Tony, Nat, and Clint start talking for me, I butt in and speak for myself.
"I know how to break him,"
"You do now?" Fury says, crossing his arms, annoyed
"I do, I've known him the longest, all you people know is his case file. Would you rather just go off the case file or someone who knows him and can give you more information plus the case file?" I say, being a smartass crossing my arms as well.
"Alright, how Miss. Y/L/N"
"My mother, it would catch him off, guard,"
After several seconds of glaring at Fury, he finally gave up and sighed, "Get Rogers and Barnes down here, Y/n tell Loki what you know, he's the one going in"
"WHAT," everyone said in sync, including Loki himself.
"He's the god of mischief, come on people, common sense."
"But Nat is more experienced in this area,"  Clint says
"That's why she's going in later. Loki can tell if someone is lying and manipulating people, his abilities are coming in handy for this situation. Natasha, you will come in when Mark is standing with his guard up or when he slams his fists on the table. It will get him distracted, which is what we need for him to slip something." Fury states explaining the plan.

We did not hesitate, I talked Loki through what to say and do and how to get on his good side, while Steve and Bucky came down from training and took the crate. All of this didn't feel real, my breathing quickened, my heart felt like it was racing a million miles an hour. Before I knew it, I was in the corner of the room, both hands against my chest, wheezing and gasping for air.
No one noticed I was sitting in the corner, knees up to my chest, wishing for air to come to my lungs, a small tear running down my cheek, shaking like there is an earthquake. I couldn't move or speak, using my free arm, I clutched the edge of Loki's cloak, I needed assistance, and I couldn't do it myself. I felt my face burning hot, I used all the strength I had and tugged as hard as I could, to get Loki or someone's attention. I was suffocating in my skin.