Chapter 38 - Anger and Panic

⚠️Tw?
Avengers 3rd pov

"Shit," Steve mumbles to himself walking into the living space to see Pietro covered in dust and dried blood.
"Oh my god! Pietro what happened?!" Wanda said, scrambling out of her room in a grey cardigan and burgundy top, hurrying to his aid.  "I'm fine Sis, I was just exploring the city when I got jumped, no biggie" he laughed, not rendering it into a massive deal.

"I thought you had super speed" Tony laughed, trying to enlighten the situation.
"Sometimes..." Pietro mumbled under his breath. "What?!" Wanda shouted in shock, hitting his arm. "Hey! What was that for?" Pietro defended even though he knew he was practically about to be interrogated. "What do you mean sometimes?! PIETRO I SWEAR TO GOD-"

"Wanda! My speed breaks down from time to time, I know how to address it."
"But-"
"I was tested on more, I-" Pietro shouted before being cut off.

"Power dampeners. That serum Nat and Rogers brought in, it's a power dampener made to drain your powers and reproduce the cells that were mutated. So it can be injected into other test subjects," Bruce announced, walking in from the lab, wearing a light blue buttoned-up collared shirt, jeans, and a pair of dress shoes. His hair was wild and all over, but his face was intense and grim.
"Wait- *deep sigh* they were attempting to create a super-soldier," Steve explained. Frustrated, he strolled over to the bar and grasped a bottle of scotch, pouring himself a drink as he hoped that HYDRA's madness would've stopped by now.
"Yes, unfortunately. However, I detected traces of other elements in the serum as well," Bruce stated, pushing up his glasses.
"What other elements, Banner?" Tony demanded
"Well..."

"Y/n Y/l/n is no longer on the premises," F.R.I.D.A.Y. interrupted, altering the state of the living space immediately.
"What?! What do you mean she is gone, F.R.I.D.A.Y?" Tony shouted as if nothing else could go wrong.  "F.R.I.D.A.Y is right, she is not in her room,"  Nat spoke, joining back with the others after investigating.
"Okay, okay, nobody panic. We lost the kid...again, it's fine, this is fine."   Sam panicked
"Sam?" Nat asked, as no one has ever seen him like this before.
"THIS IS NOT FINE! It hasn't even been a full 48 hours!" He shouted, pacing back and forth. "I've prepared for this, F.R.I.D.A.Y pull us Y/n's tracker," Tony asked, shocking everyone in the room.
"Stark, did you microchip her?" Wanda asked, glaring, slowly walking toward him.
"Maybe..." He smiled innocently.
"Why?" Wanda spoke in a deep threatening voice. "Because she has already been kidnapped once," He said, pressing his lips together.
"Her tracker is not found, Sir," F.R.I.D.A.Y says, giving a breath of relief to Tony as his A.I. interrupts before he possibly died by Wanda's hands.
"Where was she last, F.R.I.D.A.Y?" Steve asks.
"The east garden, near the new pond, Captain,"
"Alright, Nat, Vision, and Tony you go to the garden and see if they're any clues to Y/n's whereabouts. Wanda and Banner take Pietro to medbay and take Sam with you. F.R.I.D.A.Y call MJ and Ned and have them come to the compound to distract Peter, and don't tell him Y/n is missing" Steve instructed. Everyone nodded and got to work.

Steve stayed behind and reached into his pocket to grab his phone, dialing a number he barely knew, but forever knowing the person the number belonged to, till the end of the line at least.

Y/n pov

David walked in first, I quietly stood off to the side until he cued me to come in.
"Your highness, I would like to introduce you to Y/n Y/l/n" He bowed, then extended his hand and stepped backward.
I walked in with my head held high, one foot in front of the other as my skirt trailed behind. The only sound in the corridor was my heels clicking against the ground. I walked till I was in the middle of the corridor, right smack dab in the middle of the good throne that held an old man wearing gold from head to toe with a golden staff. His hair was white and he had an eye patch and obviously, it was gold as well.
Where the hell did they get all this gold from?

"It's an honor to meet you, Your Majesty," I say graciously, curtsying, lifting my skirt behind me for a good two seconds before I stood back up and folded my hands together.
He said nothing, he just sat there and glared at me.
I glanced over at David to see what his face read, his eyes were a bit worried, he was about to speak until Mr. Golden ass spoke.
"You're not wearing a gown" he spoke loudly but sternly, not moving a muscle.
"No, I am not" I simply say, a little shocked that he said that.
"Who allowed you to come here?" He uttered snottily, still not moving a muscle.
"Your gatekeeper, since he allowed me to pass through," I say, still trying to keep a smile on my face even though this man was starting to get on my nerves.
I could tell he tensed up, his hands gripped tighter on his staff, almost like he was sucking the life out of it. "You are from Midgard, no?"
"I'm sorry?" I ask, confused as hell if what he just said was a word.
I looked over at David to see if he understood what he just said, he stepped forward, "Yes, she is your highness".
"SILENCE! Guards!" Odin yelled, thrashing his staff on the ground.
"Your highness-" David tried to plead as the guard came running in.
"She does not belong here! Guards bring to the Bifrost" he instructs, the guard's nod grabbing me.
"Oh hell no, get your hands off me!"
"I wouldn't do that- oh" David started to say as I elbow one of the guards in the face and gut-punch the other and high kick the guard who I elbowed, stumbling back.
Taking a breath and throwing my hair over my shoulder, I say "Now, are you going to tell me why I'm here? Or do I have to knock out more guards?" crossing my arms now officially pissed off. Golden asshat just sat there not moving but glaring at me like I was a servant who didn't feed him grapes.
"You do not belong in Asgard, midguardin" he spat
"Why? Because I'm a woman from earth? Or because I'm not letting you push me around?" I state, stepping forward keeping my arms crossed. He stood up, he kept eye contact, trying to intimidate me. I glared back, I never felt so empowered before it was almost as wings were growing on my back, I love a challenge at times but what I love the most is proving women are more than a pretty face. And it seems to me, I have a sexist old man on my hands.

"Frandal, take this thing to dungeons," he said, looking at me up and down with a disgusted look.

Thing?! Now I'm a thing! Oh, this mother- you know what just smile and walk-up.
And that's exactly what I did, I put the fakest smile on my face, walked right up to his face, and slapped him. Damn, it felt good until I got a sword to my neck.
"How dare you strike me! You should be sentenced to death!"
"Sweet! I've been waiting a while, just one problem, I'm gonna need to tell Thor where all the hidden pop tarts are" I say smiling, as David smacks his forehead.
"Thor? How do you know Thor? Is he the one who brought you here?" Odin yelled, still having his staff/sword at my throat.
"Wait, you know Thor?" David interrupts, but I ignore his question.
"Uhh no, I got here through a pond at the Avengers compound and because he lives with us and steals our food?" I answer, acting like I'm explaining things to an idiot.
"Look it's not like I wanted to be here nor came here on purpose, but when I did, your gate guy or whatever called me your grace and her Majesty so take it up with him! I'm out" I said walking away, not giving a fuck, "Your highness" David bowed and hurried after me.

After we got out of the corridor, I expected the worse to happen.
"Ah hold it" David spoke behind me, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips together, and turned around.
"What the hell were you thinking?! You could have gotten killed!" he yelled, I knew he didn't mean it, he was just concerned for me.
"Well, he should be king if he wasn't so much of a-"
"A what?" David peered, leaning in pretending that he couldn't hear.
"Sexist old man! Who thinks he controls everything!" I scream. "Well he kinda does Y/n he is the king" he sighs.
"How do I always get into this stuff?" I say looking at the ground in sorrow. I heard David sigh, I could tell he was considering something, "Come on, you can hide in my rooms for the time being,".
I didn't say anything, I just nodded and followed behind him, "You missed a lot" I said as we were walking.
David sighed sadly, "I know, I know..." he whispered, putting his arm around me as I leaned my head into his neck trying to not tear up as we walked through the golden halls letting the only sound be our footsteps.