◦14◦

a month had passed. a month, filled in days where jeongguk was getting even more nervous from the current situation and getting more annoyed at his parents.

it seemed like they were trying their best to speed up everything about the engagement and choosing the future so-called queen of the fire kingdom of azrel. and today was nothing new, where they were again choosing above the candidates.

of course he prefers to spend time with the prince, rather than hearing how those girls were giving poor tries to flirt with jeongguk. he thought the gaze he was showing to them in disgust was enough. well, it was not enough.

''ten princesses had left since the competition had begun. the candidates for standing as a future queen for the fire kingdom and wife of sire jeon jeongguk are kim jennie, lee jieun, miyawaki sakura , shim nayeon...'' as the male was counting the six girls, which jeongguk didn't even hear their names. he was only observing the girls.

as he wondered, why was he comparing them with taehyung?

however he was zoning out, accidently looking at kim jennie. only if the princess knew that he was thinking about somebody else, but not her. giving her fake hopes as he zoned out.

after the event has ended, jeongguk had a quick talk with his father. but at first, he greeted him ''son, I am incredily proud of you. I see you take it on serious now.'' and he patted his shoulder. his father...actaully said something nice? even it was not true, he tried to be good?

''thank you, father.''he bowed and looked again to him ''i was wondering, if you could let me for a few days on a hunt? by myself. i would like to train my abillities more''

''how long it would be?''

''two days. nothing more or less.'' he strengily said. he was planning on something since long time ''i would be grateful, my king-''

''you may go.'' he said, making jeongguk eyes-widen. maybe he had luck to catch his father in a good mood.

''thank you, father.'' he bowed once again, not telling anythng else. he tried to keep his emotions, but deep inside he felt as he won the loterry.

the only left thing was taehyung's permission to go as well.

jeongguk was planning every little small thing about the upcoming trip, while walking past the hallways. and without watching, a girl bumped right in front of him

''excuse me.'' he said, helping the girl to stand up, as he raised a hand for her '',mrs.kim..'' he completed when he noticed the girl in better view

''oh, please! drop the formals!'' she smiled to him ''you can call me jennie!'' the girl said, biting her bottom lip and looking at the handsome boy

''exuse me again, mrs.jennie. but i thought the event ended?''

''oh, it did! but I had a small conversation with your majesty the queen and had to go.'' she showed a flirty smile to the boy, who only showed a nod ''anyway, hope to see you again, prince jeongguk.'' both of them bowed to each other and jeongguk continued past the hallway

but jennie was observing the boy, from top to toe ''you will be mine, jeongguk-ssi. just wait.''

---

''you want to go where?'' taehyung frowned again in confusion, as jeongguk offered his to get him somewhere

''to the kunamu! i'm sure you have heard about this place, don't hide it!'' he started tickling taehyung, only because he wanted to see his golden smile once again. and to make his mood. they have done it before, and jeongguk everytime wins a precious smile from the precious boy.

jeongguk was hovering him on top, as the boy was hiding with his hands, giggling so much. then jeongguk made a huge, but huge step, by placing both taehyung's hands above his head

''of course I know it, it's popular by its purple ocean. b-but why all of sudden, gguk?'' the beauty by itself asked jeongguk, who was still on top of him.

''why not. don't you wannna' come with me?'' he smirked, making an eye contact with the boy. he could feel how both of them's heartbeat was incredibly fast

''n-no! I would love to come with you, guk..'' he smiled back and freed his hands ''but..''

''oh there we go with the 'buts'.''he looked on his right and sat away from the boy

''what am I supposed to tell my parents? you know how strict they are..'' taehyung looked on his lap, his lips forming an upset pout

''can't you tell them you want to practise too?'' jeongguk gave an idea, but the boy sighed hopeless

''what do we do if they search in the forest for me? I always tell them I train...''

''taehyung-ssi.'' jeongguk sat next to the boy and gently raised his chin with one finger ''please, I really want you to come with me.'' his eyes were showing so many emotions, he couldn't say no

''woah! I didn't know the jeon himself would want me this much!'' taehyung joked, making the boy scoff

''pfft, don't-''

''jeonggukie is sooft~'' he sang, smilling at the boy who looked dead-serious ''jeonggukie is-'' and jeongguk shut taehyung, covering him with his hand

''taehy- aish!'' he yelped as the boy bit his hand ''yah! what was that for?! are you some kind of a vampire!''

''hmm, even if I was, would you want me to come with youu~'' he teasily said, tariling fingers over the male's shoulder ''just say you will come, tae. this would be enough for me''

''I will come, gguk.'' his voice felt so soft, so calming. his words sounded so true. giving hoped to jeongguk 

''no jokes?no teases? are you even kim taehyung I know?!''

''yah, yah it is. and kim taehyung will come with you to kunamu.'' and he went closer to hug jeongguk tightly. he gripped his hands around the grey-haired boy, keeping him close as he can.

and jeongguk noticed that some thing never change, as taehyung.

the boy looked the same as the day when he met him. he never changes his clothes in a different color but white or gray. his eyes white as pearl and his hair so grey. he was always etheral beautiful.

and jeongguk was glad he had somebody like him, not realising the boy was making him a better person in any way.

──♛ꕥ♛──