◦32◦

jeongguk never ran this fast in his life, probably because he never needed to.

in this case, he had nothing else to do but to stop his cousin on time. he couldn't let her go, he couldn't let it happen. she is like the oldest sister he doesn't have. the support he had whenever he had hard times in the kingdom and even his personal life connected with taehyung.

hwasa somehow managed to keep him on doing whatever makes him happy. she made him believe that he should fight for the love of his life, even if their love is forbidden. that even as sinners, he needs to do anything of the name of love.

the girl by herself is someone jeongguk looks up to. her beloved one has been gone for years, although his cousin never lost hope. that made jeongguk think that he shouldn't lose hope too. that he should fight as much as hwasa has been fighting thru the years.

but little he did know, he will have to face the world once again alone.

jeongguk had to run thru the hall castle, bump into maid and guards and even stop some of them who were against him. it all looks as if it was long planned for her to leave the castle of her uncle and aunt. as if she was finally supposed to leave.

''no no no no...''he enchanted in a whisper, as he saw how the carriage had already took its leave only a few minutes ago. there he saw his broters jeon beom and jeon haru, who's been watching how their cousin was leaving.

and his father, he seemed unbothered. no wonder.

''why is she leaving?!''jeongguk yelled almost breathless, looking in a death stare stright at his father. the king only left a scoff making jeongguk even more mad as ever.

as he wasn't getting any answer, he faced the path where the carriage had taken its leave. the most important was to focus on his breathing and concentrate in himself. to believe in his self and what he can create with his soul.

he was a strong person, mentally and physically. being thru a lot of training due the years, this was supposed to be a piece of cake for him. and it actually was.

with just one kick of his foot on the ground, he sends a lava under the ground far to where the carriage was. the lava was slowly melting the carriage wheels.

jeongguk smiled on what he did to forcely stop the carriage from so far. he looked for last time to his father, who stood near his two sons, and here again ran to there.

what were his parents trying to do? hwasa was mostly raised by her own aunt and uncle, exactly the jeon family. they were supposed to look after her as parents, even she had only a father back at her kingdom.

he ran to the carriage, seeing hwasa in and two other guards. but the woman was looking away, as if she couldn't let to see jeongguk.

''prince jeon, plase step away from the carriage.'' one of the dared to say to the prince, who frowned surprised.

''yah? and who are you to order to your goddamn future king?! and to forcelly take princess hwasa to her kingdom!?-''

''jeongguk, nobody forced me.''the infamous girl announced, still looking at the other side of the carriage. ''leave us alone for five minutes, please.'' she lowly said, and the guards nod after her order.

jeongguk instead stepped in the huge carriage and sat in front of his cousin. ''hwasa, what's going on? w-why are you leaving?'' his emotions returned back to his face, as if they were gone for ages.

the girl looked up at her cousin, her eyes were glossy and swollen as if she's been crying for numerous nights. ''I am getting married jeongguk. after three days I will be getting m-married...''

and that was the moment when jeongguk was leaft speachless as ever.

his was breathing thru his mouth, unable to say anything. ''w-what do you mean you are getting married, hwasa talk to me.''he leaned to the girl that again kept her gaze on the other side of the carriage.

jeongguk tried to place a hand on her hand, but she quickly backed away. ''it will be a private ceremony. only my kingdom and my king. I am sorry you won't be able to attend it.''she wiped her eyes again, covering her tears from earlier.

''it will be the same prince I was supposed to marry a few years ago. he wil be my future h-husband.''she said the las word in disgust, never wanting to say it again.

the woman looked so beautiful with the royal dress she was wearing and at the same time as a person who's even more broken than the expected.

''h-hwasa, don't tell me you will do this.''jeongguk shook his hand, not wanting to believe in the situation. ''don't tell me you are getting forcelly married.''

''you will get married too jeongguk, you will have a wife and I will have a husband. we will live as we should, as the royal family is supposed.''

''stop talking nonsense!''he snapped, his scream making the girl tremble a bit. ''you were the one that told me to never give up on love?! you were the one that made me believe true love is real,for god sake!?''he continued to yell, tearing the girl in front of him in tears.

''you made me believe I really can be with taehyung. w-what about solar? y-you said you will wait for her till the day you die.'' he kneeled in front of the gril and took her hands in his.

''don't say anything. stay. I-i can't let you marry this prince, you deserve the whole goddamn world, you deserve the love you are willing for, hwasa.''jeongguk pleaded his cousin, that looked at him and showed a sad smile.

''maybe true love doesn't exist.'' her sad smile was making jeongguk to feel as if there was nothing he could do. that he was failing his own family. ''maybe we, the royals, could never find a true love, jeongguk-ah''

''I will be fine, everything will be alright.''the older girl said and opened her arms to hug jeongguk. ''don't think too much of me. I will see you again at your own ceremony, gguk.''she lowly said.

''i-i can't let you go. first taehyung, n-now you are leaving too. everyone is leaving and I feel as if I can't do anything about me.''

''gguk-ah, look at me.''she said and broke the hug, looking at her adorable younger cousin.'' you are a veeery strong person. the strongest one i've ever seen. you will find a way to fix everything, I'm sure at this.''

''what if I can't fix anything? what if this is just my fate to be like this.''

''then you will have another chance in your next life. don't give up jeon jeongguk and do whatever you can, till you can.'' she said and the guards yelled at them since their time was running out.

''claim taehyung and show him you love him. do this what I couldn't do, jeongguk. promise me.'' she whispered and sadly smiled to him, before the guards had to do their work and get the prince away from the carriage.

and it was not the time to lose hope. not now, not again. he was going to fix everything, as he promised to do.

──♛ꕥ♛──