◦ 39 ◦

"THIS IS MY OWN LIFE!" jeongguk's voice echoed in the throne hall where was his family, including maids and guardians.

"why would you place me in position to choose a so-called 'winner' when you know I do not want to marry any of them!"

His mother sat up angrily from her throne, pointing at her son. "you. you have been preparing your whole life to be a king, you know clearly well that being a queen means to have a wife!" she yelled," isn't this what you exactly wanted?!"

jeongguk stood unbelieve in front of his parents and left a weak chuckle, "what I wanted?" he asked, "no, you are wrong here mother."

jeongguk shook his head a few times, his body heating up from his upcoming anger,"this is what you have always wanted. "

"what?"she whispered to her son, who started walking slowly to them, since he had stood in the center till now.

"you ruined my childhood, preparing for being a king." one step closer to them, "you never let me have a normal life, not because I was a royal son but because I was going to be a king."

"and now you have the courage...to tell me this is what I have always wanted. me?"

"I never wanted this throne." he suddenly stopped walking and his eyes were land on both his parents that were right beside each other, "and I will never want it."

"jeon jeongguk!" his father finally stood up, his deep voice echoed even harder in the hall. meanwhile his other two sons never looked up, only at the ground from fear.

"jeon jae-ryong!" it was an argument between a son and father, where the son would be the last one to step away.

jeongguk angrily hardly hit the floor with his right foot, causing a line of fire to go exactly in front of his parents bodies. "next time, I might not miss." he whispered darkly and let the fire disappear in the end.

"gguk.."his middle brother tried to convince the older by grabbing softly his hand, "l-listen to dad, you know what he does when he is angry."

he looked down, still anger in his eyes, his brother looked terrified as ever. "if that's so, let haru take you away." jeongguk answered, pulling away his hand, "because there is nothing I can do in this kingdom anymore."

❄❄❄

jeongguk had patiently waited for taehyung to come. he really wished the boy listened to his words the previous day and would really come.

"what was I thinking.."jeongguk was sitting under their usual tree, with hands on the head and regretting his words, "why did I tell him this way..this is not helping him."

again.

again.

and again.

jeongguk was regretting was type of person he is.

"jeongguk?" the weakest voice ever possible was heard and jeongguk immediately sat up to taehyung.

he hugged him tight, kissing his forehead. "are you okay? does it hurt somewhere, baby?"

but taehyung still looked shocked from every sudden action. he didn't even respond to the hug.

"been better.."he whispered back and let jeongguk peck his lips quickly, "you?"

"I'm not important now baby."jeongguk whispered, "now now, I promised you that we will find a way, yeah?"

taehyung hummed in response, "well, I know it might sound a bit ridiculous but.."