◦40◦

"y-you've waited for us?'' the boy spoke up, his eyes telling his fears to the woman.

a soft chuckle was heard from her, she stepped out of the darkness and revealed her human for in front of them. ''what is bothering you, prince taehyung?'' she asked, pulling away her hood and observing the boy.

jeongguk was standing close, eyeing the mysterious woman. he didn't like any of this, but they had no other hopes than her. he wanted to give the best of him, but it was just so...so hard.

''your highness, your looks is as if you would love to murder me any time now.'' the same woman said, looking innocently at the taller figure she was talking with, ''my name is park jihyo, if that would calm down your anger.''

''if you expected us, I would suppose you know why we are here?''

she sighed and snapped his fingers, a small pair of chairs appearing from the nowhere, ''please take a seat.'' she suggested.

the couple exchanged a look and then did as she told them, ''do you know if there's a cure-'' the ravenette was fast to ask, too fast to do so.

''stop there, young man.'' she pointed, again this innocent smile on her lips. ''I need to have a talk with his highness.''

her attention was back again to the silver-haired, who was slightly shivering from everywhere. ''how long has it been?'' he was asked, ''w-what?'' taehyung poorly answered, trying to understand what she meant.

''when did it happen. your curse, the one you have been told you are born with.'' she explained, ''when did it approach for the first time.''

it took some time for the young boy, debating with himself how to properly explain when everything happened and most importantly how. it was a sensitive topic for him, that he never told to anyone else but jeon jeongguk.

and the same jeon jeongguk was right next to him, holding hand and never leaving his eyes from his, just to make sure he was alright- even he wasn't.

''thirtheen..'' he murmured, ''I was thirteen when it happened. i-i never wanted this to happen, I swear.'' his eyes were focused on the way his hand and jeongguk's were intertwined together.

''what did exactly happen, taehyung?''

''I-i killed someone..'' taehyung breathed out, biting his tongue to keep his eyes not to fall, ''someone special...someone who never deserved it.''

park jihyo hummed and her hand reached to taehyung's another hand, ''may I?'' she looked up at him8, who only gave a nod.

jeongguk looked surprised how easily the boy was giving up. no one notices, but slowly and painfully he was giving up on life. if he lets someone see his curse, the black lines that represents it, that would mean only one thing.

taehyung was giving up on everything.

''oh, sweet child...'' the woman breathed out at the terrible sight, ''It must hurt, doesn't it?''

''a lot..'' his voice broke up, a tear quietly sliding down his cheek and lending on his clothes, ''e-evrything hurts..''

''did he ever talk to you?'' she put back his glove after noticing how the condition was, ''erebus, is he in your mind?''

''awfully often.'' he said, tightening the grip between his and jeongguk's hand. ''I know what he wants, I-i know he wants me.''

nobody would know how much the boy is suffering. not only panful screamings from the caused pain, pulling his hair and shaking alone in his dark room and tears never stopping to slide down his soft cheeks, that ones used to be blushing from everything.