Surgery, recovery and the busride to home

Kristina was nervous for the surgery but she prayed. After the surgery Kristina was groggy as her son come into her room Matthew said.

"Mommy!"

Kristina tried to smile but she was not feeling well.

Timena quickly grab a bucket and Kristina threw up and as she threw up, Timena put the curtain over Matt so Kristina won't scare her son.

"Easy sis."

Kristina said.

"I just want to sleep."

After getting everything out, she fell back asleep it was a heavy amount of anesthesia and as she slept, Matthew held his mom's hand and whispered.

"You are the best Mom ever and this competition you will crush it!"

Kristina sleepily said.

"Son, let me take it one step at a time, but I love your confidence in me."

Over time she worked so hard to get back on her feet with the PTs and Ots to move her arms. One of the emotional moment for Kristina even though Matt is 7 years old, she got to hold her son for the first time ever as he sat on her lap and her emotions were everywhere as it was a huge step.

"Oh my gosh, you are heavy son but it worth everything! I would do it all for you."

Matt said.

"You really never held me before?"

She explain her story.

"So when I was expecting with you, I was in a work accident like Daddy did and I was paralyzed as I had no movement in my arms or legs and we adapted a routine and I knew that this was the life that you will know of Mommy right?"

Matt nod his head.

she explained.

"My heart aches that I could not lift you as you cry or change you but Daddy and everyone helped raise you. It takes a village to raise a child!"

Matt ended it with.

"So when will I get a brother or sister?"

Kristina was speechless, but her face was like ok who the heck taught him the whole nine?

"Son, who taught you the bird and the bees chat? Deep down I'm wishing it was your Daddy."

Matt said.

"Uncle Casey!"

KJ was shocked standing in front of him.

"Really?"

Casey said dumbfounded.

"I was bored!"

Kristina stood up and use her walker as she walked over to him poor guy was shaking.

"Krissy, I know I am sorry."

Kristina said.

"Drop down and give me 500 push up!"

Kristina said at the same time with honesty before he dropped.

"I don't know if I should be mad or relieved. You really save me from when he gets older as I as his mom, I would have to do this conversation and I know deep down I will be dreading it knowing my baby will be growing up fast."

Casey said as he was feeling hopeful.

"So am I out of push up situation?"

Kristina said.

"No I love you, Casey but nice try. KJ, Drew, Charles care to keep him company?"

So they all did! Low key Kristina was impressed as she said to Matt.

"Soon."

Kristina cried herself to sleep that night wishing Josh were here and they can give Matt a sibling as Matt has been asking since he was 5 or 6 and she has been trying to distract him with another topic as it breaks her heart that could not give Matt a sibling.

The second emotional moment was when she taken her first step without her walker and she walked all the way to the lobby! Matthew came in with KJ, Cami and Vanessa and was speechless to see his Mom up and walking with no brace or walker. He had mixed emotions on the one hand, he truly was accustomed to his mom being in a wheelchair for the first full half of his life, The second set of emotions was his dreams come true: Mom was walking and the third he was wishing his Dad was here to see Kristina moving around again back to the days before Matt was born.

"You ok?"

Matthew cried.

"I'm so proud of you, Mommy! Daddy has always prayed that you would walk again."

Everyone held their tears as Kristina never knew that as she fight her tears.

"Has he said this to you often?"

Matthew said.

"Yeah. Um when you were napping after your PT sessions, he showed me photos of you before your accident and when you, Dad and Matthew grew up."

Kristina said comforting him.

"Dad is with us and I know that he is celebrating with us."

Matt said.

"Momma, go get em!!!! Knock the competition dead."

Kristina smiled.

The bus ride from Austin to New Zealand was long but worth it, but Kristina could not sleep as she rather be in a comfortable bed. KJ could see she was awake reading and is  constantly dumbfounded even though he knew she always never loved buses or flight, it has always amazed him that she is up passed midnight or whatever time.

"Sis?"

Kristina looked up and smiled.

"Yeah I'm awake still."

KJ sat with her.

"I know you can't stand bus or plane rides."

Kristina said.

"It ok. The book is incredible!

So KJ scoop her up on his lap and try to keep her comfortable as possible enough for her to doze off.

"Please rest, Kristina."

Kristina said as she dozed off.

"Who is watching Matthew? The mom monitor in my head is going off."

He sees Matt resting against Timena. KJ said confirming.

"Timena."

Kristina felt relieved and fell asleep as KJ could relax. At 2:00 am Matthew came crying.

"Mommy!"

Kristina shoot up despite being tired and said.

"I'm here, breathe what wrong?"

KJ listened.

Matt said.

"I had a bad dream you were in a accident!"

Kristina scoop him up as Timena mouthed.

Sorry sis, I tried.

Kristina said.

"It won't happen ok, Baby? I don't ever want to be in the accident."

Matthew hugged his mommy.

"You promise me to that?"

He asked.

Kristina said.

"Uncle KJ and I both promise!"

KJ pinky swore it.

"Yep!"

When Timena brought him back to his seat, Kristina struggled to doze off so KJ put on the calm app and played something soothing and she tucked out.

Couple of months after the competition, Matt's nightmare was about to come true.