Chapter 15

There's something about the Christmas ambience that Paris could always find comfort in ever since she was a child. Maybe it was because of the excitement of finding gifts under the Christmas tree — or that her family gathered together for the holidays and actually looked like they were enjoying each others company—well, at least they did when she was little or that's what it looked like to her.

She hasn't had many bad Christmases, that would be another reason of why she loves the holiday so much. Of the few she could name the one at the top is the one after she broke up with Riley. Paris was completely alone for the first time in so long —some would say that she chose to be so because she had Skylar and Chelsea but in truth both her friends didn't need her—not really. Chelsea was just married and with a daughter and Skylar was on her honeymoon phase with Summer. Paris appearing at her friend's door for comfort would of ruined things for them, they were happy and she wasn't and that— that made her feel even more miserable than being alone in the holidays.

Paris knew it was wrong to be envious of her friend's happiness— but she was. Jealousy always had this strong iron grip on her and it made her feel like a Godawful person every single time. There's times when being jealous it's okay — she's aware of that but she tends to go overboard and let it consume and dictate her actions.

But not anymore... or so she hopes.

"You shagged her?" Alessia accused her as she barged into the livingroom of her house.

"Wait no, what? Didn't Cassidy explain to you and told you that we did no sleep together?"

"She did — what I mean it's that you fucked your ex-girlfriend!" Alessia slapped the arm of her friend.

"Oh— then yes, I did."

"Paris!"

She sighed and grabbed her friend's smaller hands in her's and pulled her closer. "It was a slip up from my part—one that won't ever happen again. I was going to tell you what happened the morning after it did, but I went to your house and you weren't there, Cassidy was and well you kind of know what went on after that."

"How are you sure that another 'slip' with Riley will not happen again?"

"Because we agreed that we can never be a couple again. And because I'm not in love with her— not anymore." Paris didn't know why she felt the need to explain to Alessia but it felt good.

"Oh— sorry."

"Don't be. I also need to tell you something."

The Scottish girl furrowed her brows in curiosity and tilted her head to the side. "What is it?"

"It's about tonight—" Paris started and her friend nodded. "I invited Riley to spend the holidays with me and I know that we had planned for me to come over to your house to celebrate—but I can't and won't leave her alone in Christmas eve. So I'll go over to yours for a while and then come back her to be with her."

Alessia bit her lip in thought and ultimately sighed. "Riley can come over with you tonight, you know — I don't mind."

"I don't want to impose."

"You wouldn't. I want you with me—us— tonight for Christmas and if Riley coming it's what it takes then I'm more than fine with it—I don't have anything against her, also no one should spend Christmas alone."

Paris then engulfed her shorter friend into a hug, "Thanks Alessia."

"Do not thank me, I would do anything for you."

She backed away and smiled at the Scot. "And that's why you're the best friend a person could ask for."

Before Alessia could utter something back they were interrupted by the presence of Paris' ex-Riley. Alessia was being honest when she told the french model that she didn't have anything against her ex — she couldn't she didn't know her well enough to dislike her. Yes Riley had been a bit... unwelcoming to her but she couldn't write her off just yet.