Chapter 18

Paris laid wide awake on her bed—the thought of what she had to do today and all of the bad outcomes that could possibly happen playing nonstop on her mind. She was unable to get a proper sleep, Alessia had stayed with her for the night in her bed and even though the presence of the Scottish girl had calmed her a bit and was the reason that she was able to get some rest, it was still not enough.

Today she has planed to finally confront Chelsea and it was frightening to her.

Alessia stirred on her sleep—or at least Paris thought she was sleeping until her friend turned around with her sleepy eyes open. The bedroom was dark still, it was barely four in the morning and the dark curtains covering the windows made it almost impossible for any light to get in — the room was also freezing because of the ac but it was comforting. Alessia and her slept snuggled against each other under the thick blankets and she couldn't be more comfortable. Despite not being able to sleep she still didn't want to get up from the bed either.

"Paris what's wrong?" Alessia asked with a raspy voice.

"Nothing, I just can't sleep, don't worry yourself Al." She reassured the girl but it didn't work. Alessia put her head on the frenchwoman's chest and grapped an arm around her torso—making Paris sign in content at the warm feeling of Alessia's body on her.

"You cannot ask me to not worry about you, especially not when I know you haven't been to catch sleep all through the night." Her friend caressed her face ever so gently, it made Paris subconsciously lend against the soft hand.

"I'm worried, or more like scared." She exhaled and closed her eyes for a second. "I let down Chelsea —my best friend— by not being there on her wedding day because I was selfish. I was so consumed by my own heartbreak that I didn't consider how I hurt others."

"We all make mistakes."

"I've made too many." She whispered.

"But you are owning up to them, you are not denying what you've done. And that's what matters. I see you trying and changing every day — you have changed from that stuck up girl that walked through the doors of my family's bakery that day."

"Do you really think I've changed?"

Alessia moved and put herself up on her arm with her hair falling like a curtain—she was basically hovering over the raven haired girl. "I do, you have your moments when you act out of impulse and end up acting rashly but that's just how you are. You don't have to change every single thing about you to be better, if you did you wouldn't be Paris." Brown eyes with a hint of redish that held such gentleness stared into stormy blue ones.

"And I love who you are all of it. You're beautiful inside and out, and I know that you struggle to see the beauty on the inside but trust me when I say that is there." Alessia's words and the sincerity dripping from them made something tug at Paris' heart strings—it was warm and it increased along with her heartbeats as she continued to stare at Alessia's face that was hovering over her.

Just then Paris acted out of impulse once again, but this time it wasn't to ruin something— or so she hoped it wouldn't. She grabbed Alessia by the back of her neck and crashed their lips together.

Alessia was stunned, she couldn't believe what was happening. Paris was kissing her—something she had dreamed about a few times. She knew she had developed feelings for her friend a while ago, but she also knew she had to bury them. Paris needed a friend right now, not a relationship, so she would be just that.

But now... now Paris was kissing her and when Alessia finally acknowledged what was happening she reciprocated the kiss with as much fervor.

Paris let one of her hands rest on the Scottish girl's cheek while the other over her waist—she manage to put Alessia over her as they kissed. Alessia's own hands were tangled on Paris' dark mane.