Chapter 30

Riley walked through the cold Scottish streets at night—following where the map on her phone told her to go. She wasn't far from her destination, but the leather jacket she had chosen to wear over her clothes wasn't doing a good job on keeping her warm. Luckily once she rounded the corner she should be met with the club.

She still didn't know how she would cope with seeing so much people drinking alcohol. She would just have to deal with it without losing her mind.

Entering the street Riley noticed a long line in front of one of the old styled buildings—the place that the map was indicating to be her destination. She put the the phone on her pocket and approached the line of people — she began to search for any sign of Paris and it was not until she moved to the very front of the line that she spotted her and the group.

"Riley finally!" Paris came and hugged her, but it was an embrace too brief for her to return.

"Am I too late?" Riley looked at the other three people that were going to be accompanying them for the night.

"Nonsense you are right on time." Paris turned around and mad Riley step forward. "You already know Alessia and Sean and you remember Cassidy, right?"

Alessia's sister—if she remembered correctly. "Sure, hi guys."

Her greeting was responded by Alessia and Sean—one more enthusiastically than the other, while Cassidy just nodded at her.

Riley already felt uncomfortable—Alessia clearly didn't want her here, she could sense her judgmental glances as they stepped inside the club. She was not stupid, she knew the Scottish girl liked her ex, whether she would do something about it someday was yet to be seen.

One thing was clear, Alessia still didn't like her.

Her cousin was the opposite.

And her sister was almost a ghost—she failed to see the other blonde again once they entered the VIP section of the club.

Riley watched as Alessia clung onto Paris side and the both giggled at their own inner jokes. Riley felt miserable.

A waiter approached their table and put a bottle of Grey Goose vodka —Paris favorite— and ten shot glasses. It was only then that Cassidy rejoined the group.

"You only came because you saw the free alcohol?" Paris said as she served the shots.

"I have to take advantage of your money." Cassidy downed two shots in one go.

Paris then pushed a shot towards Riley, "Have at it."

Sean, Alessia and Paris downed their drinks while Cassidy moved to serve more. "No thank you, I don't feel like drinking tonight."

"Oh bullshit." Paris said.

"I'll have yours." Sean said and drank the shot in front of her—making Riley relax that it was now gone.

"You should have seen Riley back then, she was the heart of any party." Paris revealed to the group. "It's not like you to reject vodka out of everything... beer I would understand."

"Paris leave her, if she doesn't want to drink don't push." Alessia was the one to intervine and she wouldn't know how grateful Riley was for it.

"I'm just saying! It's not usual." Paris drank another shot.

Riley stood up from the table, "I'm going to dance."

They all watched her go—Paris frowning at her retreating figure.

"That's what you get for being pushy." Cassidy chuckled as she downed another shot of vodka.

"I wasn't trying to." Paris muttered.