Chapter 31

After her morning run Riley found herself again in the same bakery. Entering it she only spotted Sean and Cassidy inside, the ginger attending tables while his cousin was behind the cashier.

Riley wanted to apologize for being rude to Cassidy when she was only trying to help. She was glad the other woman helped her, she would be in a difficult position right now if she hadn't been stopped last night.

"Morning how can I help you today?" Cassidy said in a 'professional' way, but the smirk on her face betrayed her.

"I just wanted to say sorry for being a bitch to you last night. I know you were just trying to help and for that... thank you." Riley looked everywhere but at the blonde behind the cashier.

"I understand lass, no worries. I am going to need you to consume something." Cassidy smirked.

Riley rolled her eyes, "Give me a coffee, cappuccino." She took out a hundred pound bill.

"It's a coffee not a pair of Nikes mate." Cassidy said as she took the bill and looked for the change.

"Keep the change, consider it another thank you." The Scott raised a brow at the rich girl, but didn't deny her gift—she's not stupid, the girl swims on money much like Paris does.

"Are you going to stand in the line the whole time as I make the coffee?" Cassidy muttered.

"It's not like there's a line anyway." Riley responded as she watched her coffee get made.

All the people in the bakery where already sat and served—all of them submerged in their own conversations. Riley peeked at the same corner she did yesterday and once again found the bumping girl sat on the table—her brown hair now covered by a black Carhartt beanie. She had her laptop out on the table again, accompanied by a mug of coffee.

"What are ya looking at?" Cassidy startled when she put the coffee mug on the counter in front of her.

"Nothing."

Cassidy hummed and narrowed her eyes, putting half of her body over the counter she directed her head the same way Riley's was moments ago. "Oh, why are you looking at Heather Ramsey?"

So that's her name... pretty.

"You know her?" Riley raised a brow.

"I know everyone darling... and her older brother went to school with me, he was pretty cool. She's deaf by the way." Cassidy went back to her side of the booth. "What's your deal with her?"

"Yeah so I've been told." Riley mumbled grabbing her cup of coffee. "And absolutely nothing, I bumped against her during my run yesterday." She took a sip of the hot beverage and sighed in content.

Coffee was the greatest drink ever created, she wholeheartedly believed so.

"Oh so you are stalking her now? Oh wait don't tell me you have a crush." Cassidy poked Riley making the later swat her hand again. "Does that mean I stand no chance? I know I slept with your ex and said ex is now dating my sister... but we can work around it darling."

Riley did not need that last painful remainder.

"Fuck off Cassidy."

The blonde chuckled and turned around to grab something. "Here, go and talk to her."

"Did you really tell me to go and talk to the deaf girl?" Riley looked at her in disbelief.

"You know what I mean mate... talking can be writing notes or whatever else for fucks sake." Cassidy moved the small plate towards Riley. "This is a scone with cream and jam, she has ordered this a few times. Go and give it to her."