Chapter 36

Heather

Hey I'm back in town!

Can we meet up?

Finally :)

Right now?

If you can.

Sure, where?

The park in an hour?

I will see you there Riley.

Riley put the phone down and looked at the letter on top of the desk. She wanted to explain everything to Heather, but she didn't want to do it in bits—she wanted to read it all at once like she was talking to her.

It amazed her how a girl that she barely met a few weeks ago —two weeks at most— has had such impact on her. Riley cares for her already, she cares and that is not something she can take lightly—it takes a lot for her too care— to like someone. In her whole life she has loved one person and actually liked one, now with Heather you can make that two.

The last thing she wants to is hurt her, but she can't lie or lead her on either.

She needed to fully heal first so she could give Heather —or anyone for that matter— the best of her. Right now she can't, but doesn't mean she won't ever... at least that's what she wants to believe.

She hasn't heard from Paris either, it seemed that she was respecting her wishes and for that Riley was grateful—it was painful but necessary for her to move on and maybe one day when both of them are in a better place they can rekindle some sort of friendship.

Riley didn't feel completely alone—not like a few weeks ago, now she found a friend in Cassidy, unexpectedly but the presence of the blonde had brought some comfort into her life. She liked having her around... she must if she accepted to travel and keep traveling with her.

Cassidy seems as lonely as her.

Maybe for completely different reasons but lonely nonetheless and she understood her the way no one else can somehow.

Riley stood up and went to the bathroom to take a shower before meeting with Heather. She needed it to think.

Sat on a bench at the park she patiently waited for Heather to appear. The letter almost burning her fingertips as she fiddle with it.

This is something she got to do—that's what she keeps telling herself at least.

When Riley saw Heather approach her she stood up from the bench she was sat at and met her halfway—being caught off guard when she received a hug from her.

Riley was stunned but slowly surrounded her with my arms and sighed against her shoulder. Riley hadn't realized how badly she needed a hug till this very moment.

Breaking away Heather met her gaze with a smile that showcased her teeth. A smile of her own formed itself on Riley's face at the sight.

Heather took out an already written note and handed it to Riley. "I've missed you, how were your trips?"

Riley grabbed her notepad and pen and began writing something back. "Amazing, Scotland is really beautiful... and I've missed you too, a lot."