Chapter 34

They had spent their whole day at Edinburgh, Cassidy had given her a tour around the city, from the churches to the most underground spots that the Scot was seemingly very familiar with.

Edinburgh was beautiful, it had a gothic but warm vibe to it that Riley had found to love.

Despite their short one day stay in Edinburgh their trip kept getting better as they had spent the day at Loch Ness. Riley had bought a postal card for Heather when they were there, it was a Loch Ness monster theme one, she thought it was cute and hoped Heather would like it as well.

Now on their last day before returning they had settled for Aberdeen as their last stop, to which they had arrived to past midnight.

"I've never heard of Aberdeen before." Riley said as they excited their hotel.

They had slept just a few hours so they could enjoy the day to the maximum before returning to town tomorrow morning.

"I'm somewhat not surprised American." Cassidy said as she lit her cigarette.

"That feels like shade."

"Does it?" Cassidy smirked after exhaling smoke.

Riley rolled her eyes, "What is this place known for?"

"Sir Alex Ferguson probably." The blonde responded making Riley look at her with confusion.

"Who?"

"United's old gaffer." Cassidy stopped walking.

"What the hell is a gaffer? Cassidy come on, don't talk to me in slang." Riley shook her arm.

"I don't expect you to know about football, you are American you call it soccer over there." She chuckled when Riley groaned and threw her head back.

"You are right I don't know shit about... football. My ex best friend did, but I can't recall a thing she ever said about it." She stuffed her hands on the pockets of her jacket as they resumed walking.

"Ex best friend?"

Riley sighed, she knew that was coming the moment she said that. Was she ready to talk about it? No. Did she want to? Fuck no. But she wanted to be honest with Cassidy.

Riley felt like she could trust her with anything, in few days she had gained her trust.

"It's alright, ignore me—it's non of my business—"

"No, it's fine. I just need some food before talking about it." Riley chuckled.

Cassidy nodded and threw the last of her cigarette away and nodded to the left, "There's a coffee shop nearby, let's get you something to eat."

"That's all bullshit, you didn't do fuck to them." Cassidy commented as she ate her tuna sandwich.

Riley had just given her a brief summary of her life—she didn't want to mislead or change the narrative of what really happened for her to end up like she is now, so she needed to start from the beginning of her problems so Cassidy could see the full picture.

"It doesn't matter, they made their choice." She said picking her coffee cup.

"But how can they pick that girl's side before your's? You have been their friend since forever. Sure you fucked up with her and Paris, but them doing all that is too bloody much." Cassidy looked at the table and put her hand on top of Riley's, hoping it would give her some comfort. "They had no sense of friend loyalty to you — you fucked up but not with them. You are better off Riley, you are worth more than what they think you are."