Chapter 29

Riley was never a fan of working out, she can't lie and say she was—she had a fast metabolism that's how she kept the same figure for such a long time. She wasn't an athlete in high school nor was she a cheerleader... she barely made it to PE. But now working out helped—at least cardio did.

Running in the mornings helped her mind distract and clear itself. The days when she failed to go for a run were harder for her.

The UK weather wasn't her favorite, but there was certain charm to run under the grey raining skies of Scotland on a small old styled town. It was better than running in Los Angeles, that was for sure.

The sound of her playlist was interrupted—thus annoying her and making her grab the phone as she kept running.

It was an incoming call from her mother, when Riley was going to answer it the phone flew from her hands and she landed on the slippery pavement caused by the rain. She groaned as she felt the palm of her hands sting and her ass hurt by the fault.

Riley looked up to glare at the person who had made her fall and her phone... yes, she wasn't watching where she went but clearly the other person wasn't either.

"What the hell? Watch where you are going." Riley grumbled and was met by the sight of a girl that looked around her age. Riley expected her to say something, anything at all, but she didn't.

The girl's brown eyes were widened in panic and she quickly moved to help Riley get up—but Riley declined the help, she didn't want to be touched right now.

The brunette backed away and instead Riley watched as she went to grab her phone from the wet floor and gave it it to her. Riley looked at her hand before grabbing it. The girl then walked away as soon as she gave it to her, not turning back as she walked away.

"Not even a sorry? Nothing?" Riley frowned at the rude... but at the same time sort of kind girl go.

Maybe Scottish people were like that.

She wouldn't know, she's had barely any interaction with them.

Riley checked her phone to see if the screen protector had cracked, but luckily it was intact. She looked at the way the girl had gone off to but she was long gone now.

Shaking her head she decided she would call her mom later, instead of continuing her first route she opted to go to the familiar bakery she had gone to on her first visit. Paris is likely to be there and Riley was cold as well, she needed a coffee.

It had begun to rain again, it wasn't a hard rain but it was the kinda to get you soaked in no time. Riley had prepared herself for it, but it didn't annoy her less.

The walk to the bakery wasn't long, it was just about two blocks away—this is what she loved about Europe, you could easily walk anywhere and be there in a matter of minutes, in most cities in America you had to drive to get around easily because everything was far away—especially in Los Angeles.

Entering the bakery she was welcomed by the smell of fresh coffee and just baked bread—that mixed with the smell of rain was one of the most calming things ever.

Riley walked up to the bar and was attended by the same ginger guy she had met at that Christmas meeting Paris had invited her last time. "Hey, you are that lass... Riley was it not?"

Riley nodded and felt guilty because she couldn't recall what the name of the guy was. "That will be me..."

"Oh, Sean!" He responded—his blue eyes staring at Riley.

"Right, Sean. Sorry I'm bad with names."

"No worries, what can I get you?"

"A coffee with oat milk and... what's the name of that?" Riley pointed at a sweet behind the glass.