Chapter 26

"So you and my sister are dating now?"

"Excuse me?" Paris looked up from her phone and into the curious blue icy eyes of Cassidy.

"You and Alessia, you finally man up and did it." It was an statement, not a question.

"How do you know?"

"Really? Alessia didn't return home for like three days and when she did she was glowing... and I saw you two kissing back there at the kitchen." Cassidy pointed with her thumb to the bakery's kitchen.

They haven't been exactly discreet about their new relationship, they were at the stage where they couldn't keep their hands off each other and they were barely one week into their relationship. Paris didn't care though, she wanted everyone to know Alessia was hers, despite it making her girlfriend very flustered and shy when the french girl tried to be affectionate in public.

"I know how to keep a woman happy." Paris shrugged with a cocky smirk painting her face.

"Ew, I don't want to know about that." Cassidy's face contorted into one of disgust.

"Like we didn't fuck," the french pointed between the two of them.

"That's different." The blonde rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say."

"Aye, I will however say something to you, Paris." The look on Cassidy's face changed, it turned serious, no hint of hesitation or mockery in it. "You hurt my sister and I will beat the hell out of you."

Paris could see the Scot was being dead serious with her threat. She couldn't blame her though, Cassidy knew about her past, how she had cheated on one of her past lovers. It made sense for her to be protective of her little sister.

But Paris would never purposely hurt Alessia.

She was it for Paris, she didn't want to be with anyone that wasn't the Scottish girl that had so gently swooned her.

Paris would never even dream of cheating on Alessia, the mere thought of it repulsed her. She wasn't capable of it. The frenchwoman wasn't sure of many things in her life... but she was sure of two things and those were that she would never cheat on her and of her feelings for Alessia Knox.

There was no one after Alessia, she was it for her.

"I will never do anything to hurt her purposely. I love her, Cassidy." Paris said each word with confidence so the other woman would know she meant them.

"I hope so... but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt LaRue. No matter if my sister hates me, I'll always protect her, know that." Cassidy's face remained stone cold.

"I appreciate that... and again, she doesn't hate you." Paris tried to convince the other woman, who just rolled her eyes and walked away. But Paris was stubborn and followed her. "She doesn't! I know it, she's just mad at you."

"I'm aware that she's mad at me, even more so now since I slept with you." Cassidy exited the bakery and walked through the cold streets of Scotland. The temperature has yet to go up and the skies were grey as usual. It will probably snow any of these days again.

"She's over that."

"Maybe she's not pissed at you about it anymore, but she's most definitely still pissed at me." Cassidy got a cigarettes case out of one of her jacket's pockets and a lighter from her other pocket. "She liked you and I slept with you, kinda hard to get over."

"You didn't know that." Paris tried to come up with a defense for the other woman.

Cassidy lit her cigarette and took a drag of it. "What does it even matter to you how my relationship with my sister is?"